Stuck with a smoking neighbour

Latka

(edited)

just ban cigarette can le.

If sg really ban smoking.. There will be alot of cold turkey around including me..

Edited by SGCMmaomao

If sg really ban smoking.. There will be alot of cold turkey around including me..

progressive ban la. no more new stocks imported. once the current stocks finish, then ban. that way, no cold turkey

Neutral Newbie

sorry ah..

i am a smoker myself.. and i smoke by my kitchen window..

this obasan wants to ban smoking

1. in all buildings (already is what! SMLJ?!)

2. corridors (fair enough since it is a common area)

3. lift landings in Singapore (already is what..no meh? :huh: )

4. including residential properties (within my house, my compound.wtf la?!?!?!?!!!!!!)

i'm totally cool about the not smoking at hawker centres and 5m away from building facade etc.. thought it is juz considerate for non-smokers.

but not even in my own premises? this is as good as ban smoking for good la..

I think she wants to suggest to NEA that PAP Govt should relocate all smokers to a Pulau Ubin settlement, so the SG main island is in complete smoke-free environment.

PAP Govt where can totally ban smoking in SG, they cannot let go the duty the collect from tobacco products la...now a pack of ciggies around S$10-12, at least 80-90% of that went to govt as duty.

I think she wants to suggest to NEA that PAP Govt should relocate all smokers to a Pulau Ubin settlement, so the SG main island is in complete smoke-free environment.

PAP Govt where can totally ban smoking in SG, they cannot let go the duty the collect from tobacco products la...now a pack of ciggies around S$10-12, at least 80-90% of that went to govt as duty.

maybe she should go pulau ubin herself.. air cleaner and fresher.. not as polluted as spore yet..

Neutral Newbie

give n take abit la...Lolz....i m an ex-smoker....

The government already ban smoking in so many places to please non-smokers....

smokers pay hugh taxes to be ostracised....n now u all even wanna ban them from smoking in their own house??

I am a smoker and I do try to be considerate to others, after all we are all living on a very small piece of land. But what alway made me blew my top is when at coffee shop and hawker center, we have only 10% of space (or less) left and yet, there are non-smokers who opt to sit at table within the yellow zone despite there are other available tables at non-smoking zone. Best still when I start smoking, some of the lao char bo aunties got the gut to give me that irritating look and tell me, do you mind stop smoking? I will alway purposely exhale the smoke toward her direction when hearing that.

We somkers will try to be considerate, but others pls also respect that very little remaining rights that we have left.

Neutral Newbie

To solve this:

1) Buy a cheap but super-strong smelling air freshener

2) When smoke comes in, close windows

3) Open a gap in the window where the smoke comes from and empty 5 mins worth of air freshener

If you can't beat them, join them! [:p]

Turbocharged

I am a smoker and I do try to be considerate to others, after all we are all living on a very small piece of land. But what alway made me blew my top is when at coffee shop and hawker center, we have only 10% of space (or less) left and yet, there are non-smokers who opt to sit at table within the yellow zone despite there are other available tables at non-smoking zone. Best still when I start smoking, some of the lao char bo aunties got the gut to give me that irritating look and tell me, do you mind stop smoking? I will alway purposely exhale the smoke toward her direction when hearing that.

We somkers will try to be considerate, but others pls also respect that very little remaining rights that we have left.

Haiz Sad to say, Smokers no longer have rights...

i try to stay out of peoples way when i smoke, unless it is a smoker's gathering...

But NORMAL pple think it is their right... i miss the Marlboro Man, he made smoking so cool that everyone wanna embrace him!!

Now i smoke, pple will keep waving their hands in front of their nose, stared at u... feels like alien

To the Bitch who always complain, shut the fark up! give n take a bit wun die!

No Wonder Singaporeans go overseas sure kaput! Cant adapt, cant give in, cant anything except me me me me me!

Neutral Newbie

just ban cigarette can le.

If cigarettes are banned... taxes on other products or services will increase... GST will increase... this is to make up for the massive gap left behind as cigarette tax contributes to a major part of the gahmen's revenue...

Duty free cigarettes are barely $40/carton... Tax is the rest of it which makes a pack cost $11.50... is anyone willing to make up for this HUGE percentage of tax loss by paying higher prices for everything else?

i say no thanks... let the smokers contribute this massive revenue to the gahmen...

that reminds me... i'm out of cigarettes... haiz... [blush]

(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I rmb seeing some statistic from singstats last time. Every year the revenue just from tobacco tax brings in at least 1bil every year leh.

How to ban smoking? Ban liao no money, plus people sure riot.

Edited by GLZT

Neutral Newbie

No Wonder Singaporeans go overseas sure kaput! Cant adapt, cant give in, cant anything except me me me me me!

actually you are wrong !! They are waiting for PAP Govt to tell them what to do next :D

read again. i say a lot of area. not all the area. [laugh]

but if you want to learn that. its your choice [bounce1][bounce1]

But this one very prominent leh.

It seems to stick in my mind. [rolleyes]

I smoked for 22yrs, and just like you, I was always annoyed at people doing the "wave" thing in front of me.

I also was a very selfish b------d, who only thought of my own needs first, and that was to smoke,

regardless of the fact my eldest son (5yrs old) was coughing everytime I lit a joint up. I smoked as much as

40 sticks a day, (two hardpacks) and sometimes as much as 80 sticks on pre-mission days.

Constant nagging from my wife, kids coughing, yellowing of my roof and walls, and well...almost everything else,

fingers, clothes.... I didn't give a damn. Till I decided on my own, that enough was enough, of being a selfish SonOfABitch,

to give it all up. Yes, like I said, I got really pissed with non-smokers fanning my smoke off etc.. that was me, being very selfish.

The air around me is not just for ME and Me alone, but everyone else.

Now, having stopped for 10yrs already, I know how the FARK it feels to have smoke in my face or even close by,

it's downright choking, and can't even breath, and know why people fan it away. I fan it off now as well. [:)]

Haiz Sad to say, Smokers no longer have rights...

i try to stay out of peoples way when i smoke, unless it is a smoker's gathering...

But NORMAL pple think it is their right... i miss the Marlboro Man, he made smoking so cool that everyone wanna embrace him!!

Now i smoke, pple will keep waving their hands in front of their nose, stared at u... feels like alien

To the Bitch who always complain, shut the fark up! give n take a bit wun die!