Tension type headaches from lack of sleep

Cerano

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it affects me and sometime it trigger off my migraine who is even worse. My lack of sleep is becos of not having deep sleep. Got a bad habit of keep waking up at night. Doc recommend to change some of my lifestyle. Perhaps you can review your daily activities which causes your lack of sleep.

I tend to have a tighter neck rather than a headache ....

i have the same situation as you do. neck and damn irritated with everything.

For me, I get tension headache from a hot day at home. Funny thing is if I'm outside walking around on a hot day is ok. My remedy is simple, just take a bath, would usually relief the pain.

Another thing is I have not gotten it for a long time since I started my tempo runs and low carbo diet..

Arghh... right now i'm having those lack of sleep headache cum migraine.. but funny thing is, i slept late on sat night/sun morning (4am)..but had quite alot of sleep on sun night/mon morning..

Any remedies?

Arghh... right now i'm having those lack of sleep headache cum migraine.. but funny thing is, i slept late on sat night/sun morning (4am)..but had quite alot of sleep on sun night/mon morning..

Any remedies?

think dehydration? drink more water? any remedies for tension type due to lack of sleep any pills apart from panadol?

any bros here got remedy for someone (aka me) who unintentionally took a nap just now and have a very low chance to fall asleep later?

About half an hour before the time you intend to try to sleep, take a hot shower. Then, go lie down and read, preferably something rather boring or some book you have read over and over. Never fails to work for me.

any bros here got remedy for someone (aka me) who unintentionally took a nap just now and have a very low chance to fall asleep later?

Drink camomile tea, it calm nerves and makes one relax naturally, better than taking muscle relaxant which can be addictive and bad for heart.

Have taken melatonin before, can sleep easily but always have weird dream. Because it's a hormone, I was afraid it may cause affact my state of mind in future.

I am use to drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day, sometimes the brain seems so active at night that body exhausted but still cannot sleep.

The camomile tea reverse the effect of the coffee.

I drink without sugar or honey, glucose makes one more energetic.

Edited by Atonchia

thought headaches were due to muscles not to hbp [laugh]

its related together with stiff neck. remember if blood pressure is high, blood vessal might be slightly block and hence a expension of blood vessal in brain can result in this problem to the head and stiffness at neck too.

i was having this problem constantly last year. then i check, my pressure was around 140+. scary sia. so i decided to slim down. now down 10kg after 1year. this problem gone liao together with lower bp of around 120. need to sheer off another 10 kg to meet the BMI rating.

Edited by Joseph22

Any bros experience head aches from lack of sleep?

Yes, it start from stiff neck or shoulder in the morning and slowly become tension headache, I'll do some stretching to relax the neck muscle.

If possible, weekend I go for foot reflexology and shoulder / head massage. Some people prefer fully body massage.

Sometimes it's sitting due too long duration in front of desk and poor seating position.

its related together with stiff neck. remember if blood pressure is high, blood vessal might be slightly block and hence a expension of blood vessal in brain can result in this problem to the head and stiffness at neck too.

i was having this problem constantly last year. then i check, my pressure was around 140+. scary sia. so i decided to slim down. now down 10kg after 1year. this problem gone liao together with lower bp of around 120. need to sheer off another 10 kg to meet the BMI rating.

KNN,,. MY BMI 28 nia.. haha.. Damn High. :o

About half an hour before the time you intend to try to sleep, take a hot shower. Then, go lie down and read, preferably something rather boring or some book you have read over and over. Never fails to work for me.

books eh... think i need a duster hahaha will try later. thanks for the tip.

Drink camomile tea, it calm nerves and makes one relax naturally, better than taking muscle relaxant which can be addictive and bad for heart.

Have taken melatonin before, can sleep easily but always have weird dream. Because it's a hormone, I was afraid it may cause affact my state of mind in future.

I am use to drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day, sometimes the brain seems so active at night that body exhausted but still cannot sleep.

The camomile tea reverse the effect of the coffee.

I drink without sugar or honey, glucose makes one more energetic.

sounds like a sleeping potion. supermarket got sell?

wah 140+ mild hypertension leh bro [:p]

time to go cycling together

↡ Advertisement