Citroen C5 vs Peugeot 508

Fishman

Hi bros,

These 2 niche market models competing in the 1.6 Cat A category. At under 130,000 about the same price as a Kia K5, I think it's worth a good look. I'm keen for one. Any comments?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi bros,

These 2 niche market models competing in the 1.6 Cat A category. At under 130,000 about the same price as a Kia K5, I think it's worth a good look. I'm keen for one. Any comments?

Definitely they are better but the major concerns is their reliability. If every other mth need to visit the workshop, can forget about getting them. Wonder the current one is as bad as the older generation anot.

• Praise 1

I'll take Peugeot, it look nicer and I dun like C & C.

The engine is developed with BMW, I hope the reliability is better than before.

• Praise 1

Just go and buy.

What good or bad you want to hear? It's a niche car, not many will own one to give comments.

So you should go ahead and buy...then down the road give us your comments about it.

People say buy Rolex also high maintenance, each servicing costs $300over. Buy seiko cheaper. Do you still buy the Rolex?

I'll take Peugeot, it look nicer and I dun like C & C.

The engine is developed with BMW, I hope the reliability is better than before.

Huh? I thought Peugeot is using Citroen engine. Just like Kia is using Hyundai engine. So therotially, Citroen engine should be better. Isn't that so?

C5 & 508 both are using the same engine.

Reliability is referred to both brand that you asked and not for 508 only. Sorry to confuse you!

I will take either of them than the Kia k5 bcos korean cars used to be considered as budget cars and conti are considered 'premium' cars not too long ago.

However, if to chose between c5 and 508, I would pick the former. C5 bcos of the renowned hydractive suspension. It's really a cushy and pliant smooth ride as I had test drove the car before. The fiixed centre steering wheel with lots of buttons is a draw for me. Needless to say, the car is also highly spec with memory seats, car phone etc...

Turbocharged

Wait for the new Toyota 86.

Wait for the new EV Evo11.

Wait and wait....no need to buy Liao.

this one not possible liao

Hi bros,

Between the 2, I will pick the C5 because I find that the C5 possesses more character. The suspension of the C5 should also be better with the Hydractive III+. The interior of the C5 is also very unique. Of course, I can't comment on reliability and cost of maintenance since I have not owned both brands before.

Hi bro,

any info of the waiting time for 508 as it is in the prelaunch period now. Appreciate of colours and omv like, thank you.

rdgs

Hypersonic

C5 & 508 both are using the same engine.

Reliability is referred to both brand that you asked and not for 508 only. Sorry to confuse you!

This engine is co-develop with BMW. The same also used in Mini, with sightly different tune only.

↡ Advertisement