Citroen C5 vs Peugeot 508

Fishman

Someone started a thread on 508 specifically. Arrival in June, OMV $28K +.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments. Looks like C5 wins.

↡ Advertisement

Pug and Citreon are the same company and they belong to the PSA group. Naurally, to save cost, they share many common parts such as platform, engines, gearbox etc etc. I'm currently driving a Pug 407SW. Relaibility I would rate very good, far better than my previous Renault, but slightly behind my Nissan. The drive is good though. Straight to Ipoh in one go and still dun feel tired.

I got a colleague who drives a Cit 5 Estates 2.0l NA engine. Car is lovely, quality is good and drive is quiet. Only problem is it is damn under powered! I guess 1.6l Turbo will be better. Of course, for a price she paid ($90k!! Yes, for a showroom piece) for, it's a steal!

As a owner of Pug, I'm excited about the 508. Hope the drive is as good as before.

Pug and Citreon are the same company and they belong to the PSA group. Naurally, to save cost, they share many common parts such as platform, engines, gearbox etc etc. I'm currently driving a Pug 407SW. Relaibility I would rate very good, far better than my previous Renault, but slightly behind my Nissan. The drive is good though. Straight to Ipoh in one go and still dun feel tired.

I got a colleague who drives a Cit 5 Estates 2.0l NA engine. Car is lovely, quality is good and drive is quiet. Only problem is it is damn under powered! I guess 1.6l Turbo will be better. Of course, for a price she paid ($90k!! Yes, for a showroom piece) for, it's a steal!

As a owner of Pug, I'm excited about the 508. Hope the drive is as good as before.

Skoda is using VW engine. So for Pug and Citreon, who is using who engine?

(edited)

too bad they are not dual clutch like VW or Ford. If not, can be an all rounder liao as their look is better than the others

Edited by Axela72

too bad they are not dual clutch like VW or Ford. If not, can be an all rounder liao

6AT, not bad liao lor... still got others using 4AT still...

(edited)

But if u drive the C5, many would think yours is the pre-facelift model. Not much has changed on the exterior save for LED DRL. The interior design is still as funky as a Citroen should be though. And if u like that fixed steering hub, this is your last chance, for Citroen has decided not to implement this feature on future models.

Edited by Proton_neutron

Does C5 come with keyless access & start? Understand 508 Allure comes with this feature. For me, this is very useful and make the car feel more "luxury".

Both these cars will give the Japs camry, accord & teana a run for their money... Price is on par if not cheaper than the Japanese...

Both these cars will give the Japs camry, accord & teana a run for their money... Price is on par if not cheaper than the Japanese...

I would think otherwise. The C5 and 508 rather, are competitors to Mazda 6, Euro Accord and Suzuki Kizashi.

I find the interior of the C5 not as visually appealing as compared to the 508. but the C5 is cheaper by just a fraction.

Btw, anyone know what is the pre-launch special price of the 508. they claimed it's out on the official web but can't seem to find it.

I find the interior of the C5 not as visually appealing as compared to the 508. but the C5 is cheaper by just a fraction.

Btw, anyone know what is the pre-launch special price of the 508. they claimed it's out on the official web but can't seem to find it.

The C5 has two trim levels, namely the Dynamique (Basic Spec) and Exclusive (Premium Spec). The difference includes HID Xenon AFS headlights, Auto Wipers and Rain Sensors, Double-glazed windows, Hydrapneumatic 3 suspension, and twin electric with memory front seats. There are also more chrome and cosmetic details.

The 508 and C5 are closely priced, but features may be a little different.

Both these cars will be powered by BMW engines sourced thru Mini Copper so reliabilty is not an issue... Seriously dun undertsand in this mkt n time still have ppl believe Japs offer better reliabily tsk tsk...

ya true. now the special pre-launch price for 508 is $125,900. but for that price shld be for the bare minimum with no extra features.. so i guess with all the added features thrown in should be abt same price as a C5 exclusive.