Citroen C5 vs Peugeot 508

Fishman

I am sure most will agree with what you have said. But I also wonder why would you spend an iota of your brain cells to try and convince that ID 10 T, who thinks that comparing car categories is based on how special HE thinks the car looks, and how much air volume the car's cabin holds, instead of the target market that the car is designed for, price notwithstanding.

Actually i am about to give up on him already. Dat last post was my last time trying to explain to him.

↡ Advertisement

Actually i am about to give up on him already. Dat last post was my last time trying to explain to him.

All I can say is, if I'm looking at conti cars such as the Citroen C5 or Peugeot 508 in this case, I wouldn't be looking at the Kia K5 or Toyota Camry, or Nissan Teana etc.

If you also can't get it, I respect your views on comparison, but you should also respect mine.

All I can say is, if I'm looking at conti cars such as the Citroen C5 or Peugeot 508 in this case, I wouldn't be looking at the Kia K5 or Toyota Camry, or Nissan Teana etc.

If you also can't get it, I respect your views on comparison, but you should also respect mine.

If u noticed, its not only me.

U quibble over the 100mm that C5 loses out to camry/teana/K5, etc which "relegated" it to not the same road presence. But u didn't reply my question to u, dat since the 3 series and C class loses out in size to A4 (to an even bigger extent than the C5 to camry/teana/K5) therefore by your theory of road presence, would u say dat the 3 series and c class are not in the same category as A4? Dat someone looking to buy a 3 series or c class will not look at an A4 (and vice versa)?

If u noticed, its not only me.

U quibble over the 100mm that C5 loses out to camry/teana/K5, etc which "relegated" it to not the same road presence. But u didn't reply my question to u, dat since the 3 series and C class loses out in size to A4 (to an even bigger extent than the C5 to camry/teana/K5) therefore by your theory of road presence, would u say dat the 3 series and c class are not in the same category as A4? Dat someone looking to buy a 3 series or c class will not look at an A4 (and vice versa)?

Theoretically, the Audi A4 to me, is in a class of its own. It has outgrown the current C-Class and 3-Series. Though i'm pretty sure the new 3-Series would be near the size of the A4 (having seen what BMW has done to the 5&7-Series).

So yes, if one is shopping around for junior executive car, they wouldn't be looking at the A4. They would probably just get the 3-Series and C-Class instead. The A4 is now the size of the VW Passat, mind you.

Because, people who buy the A4 probably prefer the larger road presence (exterior size) it has over the C-Class and 3-Series. This is the fact, at the end of the day, why people go for the A4.

Theoretically, the Audi A4 to me, is in a class of its own. It has outgrown the current C-Class and 3-Series. Though i'm pretty sure the new 3-Series would be near the size of the A4 (having seen what BMW has done to the 5&7-Series).

So yes, if one is shopping around for junior executive car, they wouldn't be looking at the A4. They would probably just get the 3-Series and C-Class instead. The A4 is now the size of the VW Passat, mind you.

Because, people who buy the A4 probably prefer the larger road presence (exterior size) it has over the C-Class and 3-Series. This is the fact, at the end of the day, why people go for the A4.

Well, all i can say is at least you're consistent...even if its consistently wierd. If cars were catergorised by size (rather than form and/or function) and where 100mm defines one class from another, we will have 100 categories of cars.

So yes, if one is shopping around for junior executive car, they wouldn't be looking at the A4.

well, I did look at all 3... if A4 is not a junior executive, then what category does it fall under? super junior executive? [:p]

well, I did look at all 3... if A4 is not a junior executive, then what category does it fall under? super junior executive? [:p]

Did you consider S60? I tink its worth considering too.

Man, you are arguing for the sake of arguing. This is the first time in the world I heard people said that the A4 should not be in the same category as the C-class and 3-series.

Road presence = size of the car? Huh? If everyone starts to define their own terms, there is no need to argue/discuss because "based on my own definition, I am right!!" There is always a universally accepted way of explaining things or classify things.. if yours is different, you ought to relook at how you see things.

Man, you are arguing for the sake of arguing. This is the first time in the world I heard people said that the A4 should not be in the same category as the C-class and 3-series.

Road presence = size of the car? Huh? If everyone starts to define their own terms, there is no need to argue/discuss because "based on my own definition, I am right!!" There is always a universally accepted way of explaining things or classify things.. if yours is different, you ought to relook at how you see things.

This is a hopeless cause lah.

Best part is when he say "when one is shopping around for a junior executive car, THEY wouldn't be looking at the A4..." i wonder who are the "they" he is refering to. All the rest of us consider A4/3 series/C class in the same category (and S60 and IS250 also) except him. So he should actually say, "when I am shopping around for...., I wouldn't be looking at the A4".

Then Mini is in the same category of Chery QQ and etc... [confused]

No lah! How can it be! The Mini is bigger than the Chery QQ hor! Want to compare, must compare to Kia Picanto~! ^_^

This is a hopeless cause lah.

Best part is when he say "when one is shopping around for a junior executive car, THEY wouldn't be looking at the A4..." i wonder who are the "they" he is refering to. All the rest of us consider A4/3 series/C class in the same category (and S60 and IS250 also) except him. So he should actually say, "when I am shopping around for...., I wouldn't be looking at the A4".

wah you sure have the patient to spout rubbish with him [laugh]

I don knw if you all feel the same way but the service attitude of peugeot really sux. Went in there with my parents everyone bo chap. Look at the guy at the counter also no response, don even talk abt a smile. Walked around on our own for 5 min plus also no one come. The featured car is the RCZ but no 508 (which is the one we are interested in), so we went to the counter to ask for the price of the RCZ. Wa kaoz, the guy say the price with an attitude ma chiam we cannot afford like that. In the end we left and went to look at the mondeo eco boost. So much better, went in and the guy at the counter smiled and ask us to hold on while he call for the salesperson. Within 10 seconds she is there and took us through a comprehensive intro and even offered a no obligation test drive.

I really don knw how some ppl do sales de. I am not in this line but dont every person brings a chance that you can sell that person something? Its very sad when the product is gd but the salesppl sux. If the product means more, thn u prob have to suck up to the sales ppl. But if ego bigger, thn gotta give up the gd product due to sucky sales ppl.

Definitely they are better but the major concerns is their reliability. If every other mth need to visit the workshop, can forget about getting them. Wonder the current one is as bad as the older generation anot.

how can they be better if go ws every other month?

Just wondering, who has booked the 508 during pre-launched?

For everyone's info, pre-launch price now for the Standard version is abt $130k and the Luxury version is abt $142k.

↡ Advertisement