Citroen C5 vs Peugeot 508

Fishman

Neutral Newbie

I don knw if you all feel the same way but the service attitude of peugeot really sux. Went in there with my parents everyone bo chap. Look at the guy at the counter also no response, don even talk abt a smile. Walked around on our own for 5 min plus also no one come. The featured car is the RCZ but no 508 (which is the one we are interested in), so we went to the counter to ask for the price of the RCZ. Wa kaoz, the guy say the price with an attitude ma chiam we cannot afford like that. In the end we left and went to look at the mondeo eco boost. So much better, went in and the guy at the counter smiled and ask us to hold on while he call for the salesperson. Within 10 seconds she is there and took us through a comprehensive intro and even offered a no obligation test drive.

I really don knw how some ppl do sales de. I am not in this line but dont every person brings a chance that you can sell that person something? Its very sad when the product is gd but the salesppl sux. If the product means more, thn u prob have to suck up to the sales ppl. But if ego bigger, thn gotta give up the gd product due to sucky sales ppl.

That's sad bro. but i think the 508 will only be launched in May so i guess that's why it wasn't on display. Isn't ford and pug under the same distributer? Strange that one side service is so gd n the other bad...

↡ Advertisement

I have come to notice seems that every thread with proton_neutron turns into argument, reminiscent of Ferraricalifornia; and the same nature of argument also, usually on subjective grounds then argue until out-of-point,

Joseph22 would you agree? as I notice you are (were) quite patient with Ferraricalifornia :D

I have come to notice seems that every thread with proton_neutron turns into argument, reminiscent of Ferraricalifornia; and the same nature of argument also, usually on subjective grounds then argue until out-of-point,

Joseph22 would you agree? as I notice you are (were) quite patient with Ferraricalifornia :D

i am paitient because my kakis are not around when he is [laugh][laugh]

That's sad bro. but i think the 508 will only be launched in May so i guess that's why it wasn't on display. Isn't ford and pug under the same distributer? Strange that one side service is so gd n the other bad...

Yeah, same agent but different team. Ford sales ppl are, in my personal opinion, nicer and friendlier. I also went to Peugeot's showroom and not even 1 sales person came to entertain in spite of browsing around for a good 10-15mins. Finally approached this guy with funky standing colored hair .... he was ok and answered my many queries but seemed nonchalant. I wonder if Peugeot's sales ppl are just disinterested. If they are, they shd just stop standing there like mannequins ....

Yeah, same agent but different team. Ford sales ppl are, in my personal opinion, nicer and friendlier. I also went to Peugeot's showroom and not even 1 sales person came to entertain in spite of browsing around for a good 10-15mins. Finally approached this guy with funky standing colored hair .... he was ok and answered my many queries but seemed nonchalant. I wonder if Peugeot's sales ppl are just disinterested. If they are, they shd just stop standing there like mannequins ....

Yea manz, that was exactly wat i hav experienced. [thumbsdown]

I visit both showrooms a couple of times a year (I drive one of these brands). Sometimes I am greeted sometimes I am not. Both team of SE has good & bad individuals. I wouldn't generalise with 1 bad experience.

reviving this thread as the talk of french car is interestingly hot lately.....

i noticed that the used car market has a trend and that the pug508 would cost more than C5 chevron.

Is the radical design of c5 has anything to do with it, compared to the 3 box design of pug.

reviving this thread as the talk of french car is interestingly hot lately.....

i noticed that the used car market has a trend and that the pug508 would cost more than C5 chevron.

Is the radical design of c5 has anything to do with it, compared to the 3 box design of pug.

Probably coz of the C5's hydractive suspension. Kinda "unconventional" and not many takers for fear of failure.

ask around how many workshop can replace 407/508 suspension, it take ONE WHOLE DAY just to do 4 shocks

thats how F up the design is

pug they just markup and brand it nicer, in actual fact its more problematic

ask around how many workshop can replace 407/508 suspension, it take ONE WHOLE DAY just to do 4 shocks

thats how F up the design is

pug they just markup and brand it nicer, in actual fact its more problematic

so kimchi tech no that bad after all - my tucson only took a reasonably experienced mech some 90 minutes to change either front / rear shocks. alignment took another 20mins.

Probably coz of the C5's hydractive suspension. Kinda "unconventional" and not many takers for fear of failure.

so bro in your opinion, what do you think of the citroen hydropneumatic III.

i had my fair share of horrow with a BX model and it still lingers.... [:/]

i understand that 508 use 6sp Torque convertor DB, what about C5 with THP engine.

i understand that 508 use 6sp Torque convertor DB, what about C5 with THP engine.

It is III+. Very good, very comfortable. Self leveling. Front suspension dips above 110km/h.

Both should be using aisin 6speed AT.

Pre facelift C5 on 2L engine with AL4 gearbox.

• Praise 1

My family did own the first gen of C5. The hydractive suspension was ok but I find it too soft . It's cater more for comfort. Put the suspension in spork mode can't feel much of a diff. LoL.. Got this wafty feel driving the car. Being able to adjust the ride height is not necessary. It's comfy to sit inside it for driver and passengers. Back dan don't have the THP engine so can't comment on it. Ours was the 3.0L V6 a narrow V6, not a performer and it misfired once. The suspension had no issues though.

You may say once bitten twice shy. The car got lots of glitches and annoying warning system. Not just on our car coz I happen to know two other V6 owners. A lot of similar issues. Can be frustrating at times. No more French cars for me.

The pug is no better since they are from the PSA group. They share the same parts and engine range. The other French brand is even more famous for their cars issues. It's no coincidence the PSA group was in financial trouble a few years ago. They have to work on their reliability but it hardly improved over the years.

Edited by Watwheels

so kimchi tech no that bad after all - my tucson only took a reasonably experienced mech some 90 minutes to change either front / rear shocks. alignment took another 20mins.

Try working the the Genesis...tell me if it still takes 90 Mins

only cos those models use double wishbone/multilink

its very complicated to strip,cos the way its setup, a lot messier than other equivalent ones also

the other models with macpherson much faster, usually under 1.5 hrs

It is III+. Very good, very comfortable. Self leveling. Front suspension dips above 110km/h.

Both should be using aisin 6speed AT.

Pre facelift C5 on 2L engine with AL4 gearbox.

If the fear and worry of hydropnuematic is overcome, I believe the rest should be not too bad.

If the fear and worry of hydropnuematic is overcome, I believe the rest should be not too bad.

its a chicken and egg thing

it had to be kill off, just like audi killed cvt

today demands are more, customer want cheap car many feature best if come with free big boobs, market positioning, lack of models able to utilise it, market differenciation..etc

no sense keeping the system in play just for 1 car model

the main killer is modern platform change unable to fit it anymore (EMP2 chassis) and only 1 car utilising it

Edited by Furrynadz
↡ Advertisement