Is it Necessary to go workshop before going VICOM inspection

Lala81

Need to go vicom inspection - 1st one. Car abt to reach 3yrs old.

Sorry, me 1st timer to inspection [laugh]

Do most of you service before going for vicom inspection?

Given that my car has no issues and its still within 3 yrs.

↡ Advertisement

If your car is stock factory spec, no illegal modication/heavy window tint not to LTA spec, no wheel alignment issues, you will usually pass first inspection.

Except headlight which I never passed this category. but overall inspection still pass.

So my advice is not to waste money and time to send in to WS before inspection.

I have been doing this for past more than 10 years.

Even for my previous car's final inspection before end of life.

Besides brakes, please check if there is drifting to right or left when you release your steering wheel on a straight road.

If there is, you need to do a wheel alignment before going for the test. There is a test called side slip in the inspection.

Last thing, make sure your tyres is not almost botak else you will fail the brake test as tyre cannot grip the test rollers.

If your car happens to due for servicing this period, u can kill 2 birds with 1 stone ie to service n send for inspection during the same period, just tell WS yr car due for inspection. They'll do the neccesary. Alternatively, just go straight for inspection n if there's any failed area, get it rectified n sent it back for re-inspection within the same day(no additional fee to pay if re-inspect on the same day) [drivingcar]

usually only send for servicing if the service interval happen to conincident with the inspection period...

for the rest, just drive for inspection...no major problem encounter so far.

Thank you all for ur replies :D

my tyres quite botak liao 47k km. So will change tyres before going.

ha ok make sure my lights are all working too!

Besides brakes, please check if there is drifting to right or left when you release your steering wheel on a straight road.

If there is, you need to do a wheel alignment before going for the test. There is a test called side slip in the inspection.

Last thing, make sure your tyres is not almost botak else you will fail the brake test as tyre cannot grip the test rollers.

tyres botak also can grip the rollers or whatever you mean...

anyways slicks have no thread and will grip much better...

the tyres are visual checks for thread depth.... -_-

No need to. Just be sure that you remove your LEDs strip or pole lamp, and HID (if not factory fitted)

really depends on your luck... my T10 pole lamp/bulb is 16leds and passed...

my friend just passed with philips HID 6000k... with no bulb cover... but its a BMW so maybe they confused which model hv and dont hv HID as stock... haha...

Neutral Newbie

I suppose if you have been regularly servicing your car and have not installed special mod, there is no real need to do a special visit to WS before inspection. If your regular servicing is due, then might as well.

I suppose if you have been regularly servicing your car and have not installed special mod, there is no real need to do a special visit to WS before inspection. If your regular servicing is due, then might as well.

If yr workshop can help u send inspection after servicing lagi best, cfm PASSED. Like my working place there, WS next to inspection ctr. [;)]

Thank you all for ur replies :D

my tyres quite botak liao 47k km. So will change tyres before going.

ha ok make sure my lights are all working too!

If yr car is stock n been serviced regularly n u dont feel anything unusual when u drive, just go fr inspection lah.

New car usually ty never check so throughly. Just the main things like lights, brakes, steering, licence plates, tires n exhaust noise n emissions.

Last time my 18 year old car the idiot check even power windows. Damm fool. But for sure ty check engine number very carefully as my engine very smooth so he suspect I change engine but he check n check but cannot find anything wrong.

The idiot even switch on my AC when check emissions but still pass cos I had a new carb installed. :D

u must be very proud... 19 YO still in tip top condition...

Yup. Was a Corona CD auto. I kept it in very good condition. Those cars were damm solid. [thumbsup]

Now cannot find such solid cars anymore. I regret selling it off. I sud hv kept it n renew COE. Easily last another 10 years. Maybe even more.

I can do 160kmh on NSH n no vibrations at all. Damm smooth n stable. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement