Peugeot 508

Rm2s

Quite a nice looking car, conservative in styling yes but it has certain slickness to it. Saturday papers said pre-order price at $125,900 not bad for a big car like this.

Any current Peugeot owners could share your experience on owning a Peugeot? Is the AD workshop competent?

A few pics to share.

car_photo_417469_25.jpg

car_photo_417463_25.jpg

car_photo_417472_25.jpg

car_photo_417466_25.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Nice... Looks a bit like the Mark X...

125K is cheaper than camry & teana... Specs? 1.6T right?

I don't have the full spec list but from what I understand, this car is quite high spec, including some kind of color heads-up display. It will be a 1.6 Turbo with 6 speed auto. There is a more expensive version that comes with double-wishbone suspension but that won't be coming to Singapore.

I've test drive the old 405 many years ago, it has the nice ride quality but the gear box then (4 speed) failed the car.

Quite a nice looking car, conservative in styling yes but it has certain slickness to it. Saturday papers said pre-order price at $125,900 not bad for a big car like this.

Any current Peugeot owners could share your experience on owning a Peugeot? Is the AD workshop competent?

A few pics to share.

Went to see the 508 yesterday. $128,000 (standard specs - no keyless access/start, HUD, LED etc). Full specs (508 Allure) will cost $138,000. OMV is $28k and $31k respectively. $125,900 is a non-guranteed COE package.

Very nice looking car, the centre console looks like Audi. Very attractive price too. With K5, C5 and this 508 all selling at sub 130k, wonder how the Jap counterpart like Camry, Accord, Teana, Mazda 6 going to sell. This year going to be a big hit to Jap brand.

Went to see the 508 yesterday. $128,000 (standard specs - no keyless access/start, HUD, LED etc). Full specs (508 Allure) will cost $138,000. OMV is $28k and $31k respectively. $125,900 is a non-guranteed COE package.

Thanks for the detail. Was there a physical car to see in the showroom or their parking garage?

Based on 31K OMV, the margin is not as bad as the other continental cars. Normally they want to make the same amount as the OMV.

The 508 will only arrive in June. AF can only provide specs sheet showing the difference between STD and ALLURE. The 508 SW will cost $145k, it comes with panoramic moon roof.

I am rather keen and understand this pre-launch price is valid till this wed only.

Any bro here keen too, organise for a mass buy ?

I hope Peugeot's build quality will improve. Having sat in the 308SW, there were still a few rough edges here and there. European reviewers rate this car as excellent, but they fear no one would believe them on this. And it seems Peugeot has a slightly better brand name compared to Citroen, albeit for older people.

There are quite a number of 308s running on our road, especially new ones. Also when the 407 was first launched, I see a lot of them also. I am surprised no owners come in here to share their experience.

The standard thing people say is: "Eee, French car, better don't touch". Just like Korean cars, things has changed and mindset should change too.

There are quite a number of 308s running on our road, especially new ones. Also when the 407 was first launched, I see a lot of them also. I am surprised no owners come in here to share their experience.

The standard thing people say is: "Eee, French car, better don't touch". Just like Korean cars, things has changed and mindset should change too.

Yeah, I like the design of French Cars, especially the 308. But I'm not sure about their new products though, namely the 3008, 5008 and now the 508. The facelift 308 looks disappointingly toned down to me too. Seems that I have to jumpship to Citroen for quirky designs. The C5 has actually been with us since 2006 with the 2.0L 140bhp engine? 5Yrs on, it has lost that magical French touch for me. It doesn't help that the C5's cabin is snug rather than cosseting too. The rear seats of the C5 is also too upright for passenger comfort. I'm looking forward to the next C5.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

There is also the new Renault Latitude.

Between 508,C5 and Latitude,which is the best in design and handling?

Edited by Taciturn

Current owner of Pug 407SW reporting here. I have been driving the 407 for the past 3.5 years. Love it! Clocked 100,000 km so far (2 to 3 trips per year up north). Reliability - I am happy, not too much of an issue. All resolved at the AD and FOC.

Looking fwd to the 508SW. But at $145k, I think it's too high, considering I only paid $100k 3 years ago (COE was $16k, showroom piece though).

Thanks for the detail. Was there a physical car to see in the showroom or their parking garage?

Based on 31K OMV, the margin is not as bad as the other continental cars. Normally they want to make the same amount as the OMV.

no physical car at all.

I was there last saturday to enquire. As i have not driven any pug b4, the price and the look of the car attracted me.

They let me test the 308 1.6L Turbo, gonna be the same engine as the 508. I don feel it the ride is that good lor.

Since they don't allow refund in the event that i don't like the car when it comes, hence i didnt book it.

Went over to test the ecoboost Mondeo.