DRIVERS BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR BAD DRIVING

Darryn

Turbocharged

"While more than two-thirds (69%) of drivers consciously worry about being killed when driving, only 1% believe they perform worse than average when it comes to driving safely. Conversely, 98% think they are safer than, or as safe as the average driver."

Lifted directly from a UK press release I received today - though it was kind of appropriate.

↡ Advertisement

There can be some truth to it. Yesterday night I overtook from the left one B-class Merc on first lane on ECP (AYE) as he/she was going at 70km/h, I went into the lane in front of him/her when there's about 4 cars length! And he/she, honked and highbeamed all the way. I was like WTF?! And yes I understand the speed limit is 70km/h, but how many actually travel at that speed on first lane?

There can be some truth to it. Yesterday night I overtook from the left one B-class Merc on first lane on ECP (AYE) as he/she was going at 70km/h, I went into the lane in front of him/her when there's about 4 cars length! And he/she, honked and highbeamed all the way. I was like WTF?! And yes I understand the speed limit is 70km/h, but how many actually travel at that speed on first lane?

hmm....if tat Merc continued at its speed, if i were u, there's no way he/she could have honked or highbeamed me becos i'll be far far away. [:p]

hmm....if tat Merc continued at its speed, if i were u, there's no way he/she could have honked or highbeamed me becos i'll be far far away. [:p]

I know, it's a straight road, you can still hear the honk and the see the beam from your mirror. But it's just WTF all those honking and highbeam is for?

I know, it's a straight road, you can still hear the honk and the see the beam from your mirror. But it's just WTF all those honking and highbeam is for?

my guess is some of these rich car drivers tend to be less alert (perhaps becos of age?)....and they of cos think tat they r big F.....so when they road-hog at the speed limit on lane 1, even if u overtake them super safely, they still get "shocked" n buay song.

Crazy people.

They will not go fast on first lane but they don't like it when others overtake them? [hur]

Not appropriate for Singapore where 100% think they are safer than the average driver.

But in fact 99% are worse than the average driver.

I'm the exception.

sounds ambiguous bro..... u local?

shld be more diplomatic, shld say 99.9% are safer than the average driver in singapore, while i'm WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY safer than the safer than the average driver!!!!

Not appropriate for Singapore where 100% think they are safer than the average driver.

But in fact 99% are worse than the average driver.

I'm the exception.

Talk big.. Hao Lian..

had a similar encounter ytd at dover road, turn out from sp gate 3. saw a crv way behind (at least 30 metre away from gate 3 exit, than proceed to turn out. that crv was closing in at some spd faster than me. few seconds later that cvr tailgated me, highlighted and honked at me..... these actions stayed for a good few seconds while i still travel around 60kph in lane 2. then that crv proceed to lane 1 wanted to overtake me, a bit tulan, floor the accelerator and zoom off. guess what, a constant highbeam and looooooooooooong honked was heard from behind again.........

there is a lot such person on the road lah.. like can only stay behnd them, no overtaking r allow as they travel at max speed.. if i got the time, i slow down.. muahaha

had a similar encounter ytd at dover road, turn out from sp gate 3. saw a crv way behind (at least 30 metre away from gate 3 exit, than proceed to turn out. that crv was closing in at some spd faster than me. few seconds later that cvr tailgated me, highlighted and honked at me..... these actions stayed for a good few seconds while i still travel around 60kph in lane 2. then that crv proceed to lane 1 wanted to overtake me, a bit tulan, floor the accelerator and zoom off. guess what, a constant highbeam and looooooooooooong honked was heard from behind again.........

if i were in a really bad mood, i'd overtake n then slow down n come to a complete stop....then see wat tat bugger does...

my wife sometimes complains tat i'm asking for trouble but i told her some ppl need to be taught a lesson.

if i were in a really bad mood, i'd overtake n then slow down n come to a complete stop....then see wat tat bugger does...

my wife sometimes complains tat i'm asking for trouble but i told her some ppl need to be taught a lesson.

juz to clarify, i was referring to those crazy buggers who cannot accept being overtaken safely becos they think tat they own the road

"While more than two-thirds (69%) of drivers consciously worry about being killed when driving, only 1% believe they perform worse than average when it comes to driving safely. Conversely, 98% think they are safer than, or as safe as the average driver."

Lifted directly from a UK press release I received today - though it was kind of appropriate.

I know I'm a better driver than most -_-[:p]

Even if true, I also know I don't apply it all the time and can drive like a hooligan [laugh]

Don't know about in the UK where the report came from, but in Singapore, it seems as though two thirds of drivers drive as if they DON'T worry about being killed in an accident.

Don't know about in the UK where the report came from, but in Singapore, it seems as though two thirds of drivers drive as if they DON'T worry about being killed in an accident.

Another one third think they are above the law, including law of physic.

↡ Advertisement