2 different cars spotted with exactly the same number plate

Vulcann

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...mber_plate.html

2 different cars spotted with exactly the same number plate

post-5981-1299674109_thumb.jpg

How is it possible that two different cars have exactly the same number plate, a STOMPer asks after spotting these vehicles parked side-by-side in her condominium carpark.

This should not be possible both legally and logically, she says.

The sender says:

"This morning, I saw two different make cars bearing the same number plates parked in my estate.

"Logically there shouldn't be two cars with exactly matching number plates.

"They were parked inside our condominium's surface carpark lots so they should not be residents in our estate".

----------------------

Pending transfer of licence plates?

↡ Advertisement

Maybe owner in the process of changing rides. De-reg one, transfer to other. Meanwhile, waiting for new owner to collect his old ride haven't change out the plate, thought it would be funny to have 2 identical plates parked next to each other. Hence the situation here...

i think this is not a unqiue case.. that time was 2 Merc with the same license plate park next to each others...

so it actually make us wonder whether there are owners out there using same license plate for different car...

that time case.. there is no follow up from the authority...

maybe TS can send the photo to LTA and ask for a reply.

LTA should summon the integra for the side licence plate offense!

[laugh][laugh] actually both cars have side license plate.... Fine double [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Both cars parked at private area (condo) and are not driving out to street..

what's wrong?

Do they look more OK if parked in landed property instead?

Neutral Newbie

Owner buy another new vehicle and retain this existing no. plate(ABC123). So owner made a new no. plate for this new vehicle(EVO) (ABC123), and was issued a new no. plate for existing vehicle(interga). eg XYZ123.

Taken from one motoring.

Then under LTA's rule, the vehicle owner is required to change the physical licence plates on the existing vehicle to display the newly assigned vehicle registration number within three (3) calendar days. The vehicle owner should also inform his/her insurance company on the change of vehicle registration number for amendment of the insurance certificate.

Therefore it's possible for this to happen for at least 3 days legally. After 3 days, the owner must replace his existing vehicle interga with newly assigned no. plate XYZ123 and new vehicle EVO with ABC123

I think that's the case for the above pic if it's legal.

Owner buy another new vehicle and retain this existing no. plate(ABC123). So owner made a new no. plate for this new vehicle(EVO) (ABC123), and was issued a new no. plate for existing vehicle(interga). eg XYZ123.

Taken from one motoring.

Then under LTA's rule, the vehicle owner is required to change the physical licence plates on the existing vehicle to display the newly assigned vehicle registration number within three (3) calendar days. The vehicle owner should also inform his/her insurance company on the change of vehicle registration number for amendment of the insurance certificate.

Therefore it's possible for this to happen for at least 3 days legally. After 3 days, the owner must replace his existing vehicle interga with newly assigned no. plate XYZ123 and new vehicle EVO with ABC123

I think that's the case for the above pic if it's legal.

yep.

I had a friend who got his new ride while retaining his old number plate. As for his prev ride, he was trying to sell it himself thru Sgcarmart. What happened was his old ride was given the new number plate and he was told by his SE to change out the old plates within 3 days.

Very strange indeed. I am running into an issue where a car with same plate apparently parked illegally and I received a nj parking ticket 3/18/2017. Just one thing, I was i San Diego, CA 3/17/2017 - 3/20/2017. Car Never left the Garage.

it is very admirable that you actually bother to search for a relevant thread for your first post... 

tho ..... has it not occured to you that someone could have another key? 

Thanks to Google, you can find anything.

Another key, really...To entertain this, than someone would need another key to move my Jeep. Than have access to my garage (no remote) key pad only. Than put all back as if they were never moved.

So no that never occurred to me.

Another key, really...To entertain this, than someone would need another key to move my Jeep. Than have access to my garage (no remote) key pad only. Than put all back as if they were never moved.

they should have photos of the car taken before issue ticket. 

then mystery will be solved

• Praise 8

This is a sgp forum.. from ur first post.. i suspected.. but gave you the benefit of the doubt assuming i was wrong and suggested to you in local context... what could be a probable reason. 

google again

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2