Rough Surface after Workshop Servicing

Saviourwu

Hi guys,

After my recent servicing with a workshop, my car paint surface feels rough at many places, like very fine sandpaper. Originally it was very smooth and slick. Any idea what are those things on my car paint? Dust, metal particles?

Can they be easily removed by Claybar? Or should i go back to the workshop and demand them to help me clean up? [confused]

Should have done detailed inspection before i leave the workshop... [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

After my recent servicing with a workshop, my car paint surface feels rough at many places, like very fine sandpaper. Originally it was very smooth and slick. Any idea what are those things on my car paint? Dust, metal particles?

Can they be easily removed by Claybar? Or should i go back to the workshop and demand them to help me clean up? [confused]

Should have done detailed inspection before i leave the workshop... [:(]

i also kanna before... like baked on dust... send for polishing... CS-II... try them... one of the better ones in the market...

Hmmm ... a tad tough to make the workshop bear responsibility - esp. since you are assumed to have checked your ride, and have no complains, prior to driving off.

You can always try thou.

What did the workshop do for the servicing that result with the rough paint surface ?

Twincharged

I think can use claybar to remove. But usually will cause some marring. From workshop might be paint or metal filings.

you most likely kana the clear coat from a near by spray shop, you can either use a rubbing compound to remove it or send it to polishing company to get it remove, clay bar quite hard and take longer time to remove.

That's quite common if there's a paintshop nearby. I have encountered this many many times. What you got on your paintwork is left over laquer residue which settles onto your car while they are doing spray painting. Feels something like fine sandblasting. Use claybar and paint polish and it should go away.

There's a spray painting workshop near the workshop?

perhaps so, there are a lot of auto shops nearby. Maybe one of them do spray painting jobs...

That's quite common if there's a paintshop nearby. I have encountered this many many times. What you got on your paintwork is left over laquer residue which settles onto your car while they are doing spray painting. Feels something like fine sandblasting. Use claybar and paint polish and it should go away.

yes, feels like fine sand. Thanks for the advice, i will try claybar first and see if it works. I do not have any orbiter polisher, using hand polish doesn't work the last time i tried.

next time will try send to another workshop for servicing... [hur]

Well,its not always clear coat.

I have also experience other paint particles.

Usually on horizontal surfaces like windscreen,bonnet,boot

QUOTE (Opel17 @ Mar 11 2011, 10:37 PM)

What did the workshop do for the servicing that result with the rough paint surface ?

just normal servicing...

In this case, don't think the WS would accept responsibility and clean up the surface. No choice, have to ownself do the cleaning. Hope all is well now.

I better take note of surrounding workshops when sending my car for servicing.

The claybar method works~! Removed most of the rough parts [laugh]

Spent about 2 hrs cleaning the whole car though [:p]

Thanks for all the advices guys [thumbsup]

and you have not tell us which WS is that?

The workshop uncle seems quite nice, so i dun feel like badmouthing his workshop [lipsrsealed]

Anyway, if you really want to know, the workshop is around Ubi area [gossip]

↡ Advertisement