Direct Asia Insurance

Picanto

I saw in the Straits Times that they advertise their premiums are low.
Has anyone bought car insurance from them? Are their rates better than buying from agents, middleman etc?

↡ Advertisement

I just insured with them.

Premium 30% cheaper.

Provided u hv 50% NCB.

No driver below 25 yr old

i was looking at the website. their workshops seems to be limited.

Supercharged

I'm abt to buy from them. Renew by this month

The good thing abt them is u can customize yr policy with added $$. Up to you.

The premium quoted to me is fair, comparing to my present insurer. It's abt there. In fact I'm getting $0 excess from direct Asia, for the same premium as present insurer. Present insurer MSIG has $500 or $600 excess.

Another thing is their policy is written in plain English, ez to read and understand.

So I'm going for direct Asia.

Neutral Newbie

Renewed by insurance with them also since last Oct. Premiums dropped from 2.2k to 1.4k. So far so good. Quite true on the point whereby their workshops are quite limited.

I'm abt to buy from them. Renew by this month

The good thing abt them is u can customize yr policy with added $$. Up to you.

The premium quoted to me is fair, comparing to my present insurer. It's abt there. In fact I'm getting $0 excess from direct Asia, for the same premium as present insurer. Present insurer MSIG has $500 or $600 excess.

Another thing is their policy is written in plain English, ez to read and understand.

So I'm going for direct Asia.

dunno how long their cheap premiums will last. They started their biz < 2years and claims will be piling up about now onwards. How do they pay with little money they collected? Hell, dun matter! Just buy from them and enjoy cheap cheap premiums till they start increasing and then abandon them for the next cheapest one.

i got a quote before..its $1.1k..and i confirmed it with the customer representative its correct..Aviva renewing mine at $1.6k..cheaper by a whopping $500 [idea]

I saw in the Straits Times that they advertise their premiums are low.

Has anyone bought car insurance from them? Are their rates better than buying from agents, middleman etc?

Got to be very careful and read every damn thing before buying!

It is good that you can customize the policy.

I got a quote from them with optional personal accident and loss of use coverage. I almost bought the policy. When I called to confirm, I was told that if i buy the policy for Private use, I can only have 5 times per year to use the car for work, e.g. meeting. and that I have to email them before the trip! Other than that, my coverage is only from home to work, park there. Go for lunch and back and then go home...

If I were to use the car for personal and work, I have to buy business policy, which costs extra premium!

So, what did I do?

I ditched them!

hi guys,

Do directaisa do 3rd party insurance?? i visited their website and didnt get the choice to choose 3rd party.. they purely doing comprehensive?

Supercharged

They keep overheads low. And they target those drivers with 50% NCD, which reduce their risk of accidents.

Yes it's possible to give low premiums.

Where got such thing?

i can confirm its true, i called them and the rep said the same thing..plus the loss of use policy sucks..needless to say i did not take it up with D.A even its $500 cheaper

Edited by Darthrevan

i can confirm its true, i called them and the rep said the same thing..plus the loss of use policy sucks..needless to say i did not take it up with D.A even its $500 cheaper

Thanks for answering on my behalf!

Please read!

1. Private use: You are only using your car in the course of your private life and for leisure. You are not using your car to go to your workplace or to any professional appointment. However, you might be using your car to send your children to school daily or any other daily routine which is not work related.

2. Private use and commuting to work: On top of the private usage, you are also using your car to go to and from your office. You might use your car during lunch time even to meet with business partner. However, you are not using your car to go to and from business appointment during your work/office hour.

3. Private and business use: On top of the private and commute usage, you are also using your car for and during the course of your work.

4. Off Peak Car: You drive a car with a red plate registration in Singapore. We impose no restriction on usage.

However, as part of your DirectAsia.com privilege, we allow you to use your car outside of your declared usage 5 times per year. The only condition we impose on you is that you must inform us by email or writing prior to that usage. You can send your email at [email protected]

If your car is involved in an accident and your car was at the time of the accident being used for a purpose other than the notified usage, you will be required to pay an additional excess amount of S$1,500 for any type of claim.

Reading the fine print is important. In this case, it was good that the rep told me the conditions! At least I am aware now! If not, when it comes to claims, the issue will surface!

nb they don't insure COE vehicles!

Edited by Fitvip

Thanks for answering on my behalf!

Please read!

1. Private use: You are only using your car in the course of your private life and for leisure. You are not using your car to go to your workplace or to any professional appointment. However, you might be using your car to send your children to school daily or any other daily routine which is not work related.

2. Private use and commuting to work: On top of the private usage, you are also using your car to go to and from your office. You might use your car during lunch time even to meet with business partner. However, you are not using your car to go to and from business appointment during your work/office hour.

3. Private and business use: On top of the private and commute usage, you are also using your car for and during the course of your work.

4. Off Peak Car: You drive a car with a red plate registration in Singapore. We impose no restriction on usage.

However, as part of your DirectAsia.com privilege, we allow you to use your car outside of your declared usage 5 times per year. The only condition we impose on you is that you must inform us by email or writing prior to that usage. You can send your email at [email protected]

If your car is involved in an accident and your car was at the time of the accident being used for a purpose other than the notified usage, you will be required to pay an additional excess amount of S$1,500 for any type of claim.

Reading the fine print is important. In this case, it was good that the rep told me the conditions! At least I am aware now! If not, when it comes to claims, the issue will surface!

nb they don't insure COE vehicles!

that's totally unfair to the drivers

↡ Advertisement