Japan quake as seen from twitter

Mockngbrd

Doubt this will ever happen in any other country. Such great spirit in the face of adversity.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/jun-shiomits...150121176733830

By Jun Shiomitsu on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 8:13am

Japanese people have been very open on Twitter about their experiences following the quake. These snippets of what moved them and touched them during these very trying times are heart-warming. I have attempted a rough translation on some of them so that you can have a read.

Please continue to pray for the people in Japan.

I hope these mini-stories will bring strength and encouragement to my friends and family in Japan by letting them know that, not only does the world sympathize with them, it looks up to them in admiration! My thoughts are with you.

* ディズニーランドでの出来事

http://twitter.com/unosuke/status/46376846505426944

ディズニーランドでは、ショップのお菓子なども配給された。ちょっと派手目な女子高生たちが必要以上にたくさんもらってて「何だ?」って一瞬思ったけど、その後その子たちが、避難所の子供たちにお菓子を配っていたところ見て感動。子供連れは動けない状況だったから、本当にありがたい心配りだった

At Tokyo Disneyland:

Tokyo Disneyland was handing out its shops

↡ Advertisement

REading some of the stories makes me wanna cry.....really shows the unity these pl have in times of disaster....

Perhaps, in sg here, we would need sth like this scale to bring the divided ppl togr and realise that human kind is still alive after all

They are v v v v discplined. I think we can never achieve that.

yah lor...think first thing is all sit cry...wait for gahmen <_<<_<<_<

Turbocharged

yah lor...think first thing is all sit cry...wait for gahmen <_<<_<<_<

some will mope but i think there will be those who will take the lead.

some will mope but i think there will be those who will take the lead.

I am sure there will be....... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

disasters would really show the strength of a nation

Edited by RadX

REading some of the stories makes me wanna cry.....really shows the unity these pl have in times of disaster....

Perhaps, in sg here, we would need sth like this scale to bring the divided ppl togr and realise that human kind is still alive after all

you siao ah?

sg better don't have such disaster... ... ...because if it happened, there will be no heros out there...

why?

the WHOLE island already SINKED lah, bro! =P

Turbocharged

i think so too. this is probably the "kick" up the backside their govt needs to start getting serious about changing things.

for too long they muddle thorough one govt to the next without achieving any real change and it's starting to feel like groundhog day.

only negative is the grief and destruction.

Hypersonic

I really salute the Japs... Great society, great spirit even in such a situation...

Make me hate China pple even more... haiz...

Whilst there will be the cynical, I'm willing to bet, in the face of adversity, Singaporeans WILL do the right thing and help each other out. Even though in normal life many or most bitch about their lot in life; I am sure in times of need, the humanity will prevail. I have faith in the people of this country, as I had faith in my band of brothers during NS and Reservist, we stuck together through thick and thin; I am sure in civilian life these values will not be discarded if the need arises.

We may not be as organised or as spontaneous as the japanese, but they had a lifetime of culture and learning. But as we have seen during the asian tsunami of '04 and the disasters since, Singaporeans are a generous and caring bunch during times of need. There will be the few who will run away and look after themselves, but most people will rally around, I am very sure.

Hope so but it will take ages for singaporeans to achieve jap culture.If a scale like what jap is having,everyone in sin will think of themselves.looting will be one main problem.

i been watching the news,the japanese really have my admiration.even at this point,they are still very calm and most important,orderly.No horning with jam pack traffic and the train commuters q up orderly for their turn to board the trains [thumbsup] .

respect.

they still can remain calm and deal with things peacefully. dun think a lot of country can achieve that.

Do you really think so? 80% I say. Rest..... <_<

They are v v v v discplined. I think we can never achieve that.

Reservist already keng like fark, how to achieve! Mostly all self centered, all for one one for one.

you siao ah?

sg better don't have such disaster... ... ...because if it happened, there will be no heros out there...

why?

the WHOLE island already SINKED lah, bro! =P

True, plus we would be all LEFT alone..... -_-

Whilst there will be the cynical, I'm willing to bet, in the face of adversity, Singaporeans WILL do the right thing and help each other out. Even though in normal life many or most bitch about their lot in life; I am sure in times of need, the humanity will prevail. I have faith in the people of this country, as I had faith in my band of brothers during NS and Reservist, we stuck together through thick and thin; I am sure in civilian life these values will not be discarded if the need arises.

We may not be as organised or as spontaneous as the japanese, but they had a lifetime of culture and learning. But as we have seen during the asian tsunami of '04 and the disasters since, Singaporeans are a generous and caring bunch during times of need. There will be the few who will run away and look after themselves, but most people will rally around, I am very sure.

You are so kind and have far too much hope in your countrymen. I will stand with you. Honest...you just have to find me. :D

↡ Advertisement