SG cars still pumping ron 95 in JB

Rogersk8ter

Chey.....oredi told u lor.

Of all people u doubt our P69. Hiazzzz.

Fyi....he save so much visiting jbee that the savings had paid for his hdb flat liao.

He say one har.....not me. Haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I also cant pump 95 at any Jbee station.

Stations along NSH as far as KL also kena stop lor.

I manage to pump 95 only at CH cos the station bor 97. hahaha.

And also in ipoh. From empty to a full tank then chiong all the way back to Jbee totally on Ron95. hahahaha.

What to do? He insist he can pump 95 into his SG car along NSH etc, so I need to know which stations. Then I can also pump 95 at really good prices.

Now I wait for his reply lor. [sly]

No bro...using lower octane than recommended...lower power is the least of your worries...you have to worry about engine ping. In the long run...the pistons will be screwed.

A friend pump 92 once in his WRX...once he boost even slightly...can hear the rattling from the engine. Had to drive like a wuss and not boost for half a tank...then quickly top up with 98.

One octane lower is ok...cos the ECU can compensate for it. Like most who go tracking, we will have a bottle of octane booster just in case...cos by the time we reach Sepang...our tankful of 98 would be almost gone. So LPPL have to use 97 instead.

How come yr fren WRX the ECU never retard timing to prevent the Ping?

But maybe 92 a bit too low lah. 97 was still OK. Now everyday my SIL pump JB petrol (97) in his Evo still no problem n I never hear any Ping.

See, even until today got people unsure of the regulations.

Cos in school, his teacher never teach him lah. [grin] School dun teach abt car stuff.

Now he come MCF then he learn more car stuff lor.

Edited by Pisces69

Most recent one... I drove up to Sepang for track, came back, pump 95 at Shell just before exit to NSHW. I paid with credit card at the pump and left.

Also another time drove up to Port Dickson, past by some small petrol kiosk in the kampung area, also pump 95. I didn't pump myself hor, attendant pump for me and even ask me "you going back SG?" and I said yes. Now to be HONEST I cannot remmeber if the pump had 97, maybe don't have that's why... but not 20 litre... I pump full tank.

And I'm not kidding you when I ask a M'sian that is it true that SG cars cannot pump 95, she told me... "got like that meh?". Even themselves don't know.

I know yes the pumps near 2nd link don't allow, but for some small kampung areas or small town... I really don't know. I thought it was within certain km radius from SG that 95 was not allowed, not from JB all the way up to Thailand...

And to be fair I did try to search for such a rule and it turned up nothing. I don't know malayu, so those who know maybe can search and see if it turns up any results.

Edit: Here's what I *just* found on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_and_diesel_usage_and_pricing

"The government introduced a temporary ban on buying fuel within 50 km of the country border, but the ban was suspended following a price increase on 7 June 2008 for petrol of 41% (to MYR2.70 a litre) and for diesel of 63% (to MYR2.58)."

etc.

"As of 1 August 2010 only Malaysian-registered petrol vehicles may purchase RON95 fuel; foreign-registered vehicles (mainly from Singapore and Thailand) by law can only purchase RON97 (or diesel) at Malaysian service stations."

So, I'm outdated lah... I apologize, but this is really not my fault... bu zhi zhe wu zui

Maybe yr face look like the Sultan of Johor so ty all scared of u n let u pump.

Even the attendant can pump 95 in yr SG car so he prob shivering n peeing in his pants cos he tot u r the Sultan of Johor.

Maybe u can join us every week we go JB pump petrol n u can tell the pump attendant to allow all of us to pump 95 too otherwise u wil get yr bodyguards to beat the shit out of him.

Chey.....oredi told u lor.

Of all people u doubt our P69. Hiazzzz.

Fyi....he save so much visiting jbee that the savings had paid for his hdb flat liao.

He say one har.....not me. Haha.

Hahaha. Basket wait IRS come look for me. Ty calculate as "Earned Income" Then I die. [sweatdrop]

You want to pump 95, just tip the pump attendant 5-10RM.

Saw a malay family do that.

Every week I go petrol station I buy chicken n drinks for a few pple at the petrol station also I cannot pump 95.

Last time I ask the guy in charge, he look at me with a pityful look n ask me please dun try lah. Wait he kenna sack cos boss always check CCTV one.

Most of the JB pump stations are quite strict on Singapore registered cars pumping at least a RON97. Many of them now have attendants stationed over the pumps to make sure you don't test waters.

"As of 1 August 2010 only Malaysian-registered petrol vehicles may purchase RON95 fuel; foreign-registered vehicles (mainly from Singapore and Thailand) by law can only purchase RON97 (or diesel) at Malaysian service stations."

So, I'm outdated lah... I apologize, but this is really not my fault... bu zhi zhe wu zui

You lucky lah...never kenna,..and the station that sold you took a risk lor....but KL and ulu area maybe check less often as compared to JB and Ipoh (for Thai reg vehicles)

http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?file=%2f2010%2f11%2f15%2fnation%2f20101115145005&sec=nation

The fine is RM 10,000 or 3 years stay at Gov holiday resorts.

http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?file=%2f2010%2f8%2f3%2fnation%2f6785768&sec=nation

Do share with your Malaysian friend...think he no read newspaper one...hahahaha...

How come yr fren WRX the ECU never retard timing to prevent the Ping?

But maybe 92 a bit too low lah. 97 was still OK. Now everyday my SIL pump JB petrol (97) in his Evo still no problem n I never hear any Ping.

Cos in school, his teacher never teach him lah. [grin] School dun teach abt car stuff.

Now he come MCF then he learn more car stuff lor.

Cos that time Shell got laylong Petrol mah...long queue...and when he reach...98 and V Power sold out liao...left with 92 nia. After queuing for so long...pump lor. Silly mistake.

97 is ok...but not 92.

But most turbo charged car are slightly overtune for rich rather than lean...to be safer.

Edited by Ghostrider

I also cant pump 95 at any Jbee station.

Stations along NSH as far as KL also kena stop lor.

I manage to pump 95 only at CH cos the station bor 97. hahaha.

And also in ipoh. From empty to a full tank then chiong all the way back to Jbee totally on Ron95. hahahaha.

CH Petronas?

Cos that time Shell got laylong Petrol mah...long queue...and when he reach...98 and V Power sold out liao...left with 92 nia. After queuing for so long...pump lor. Silly mistake.

97 is ok...but not 92.

But most turbo charged car are slightly overtune for rich rather than lean...to be safer.

Hahaha. Ya otherwise look silly. Q for so long then reach pump then drive away. Hahaha.

Ya turbocharged usually on the rich side to keep things cool cos on high boost if too lean the valves can burn n spoil even.

Some LeanBurn engines hv suffered from valves n piston damage from too much heat.

Me lagi best, I was directed by Petronas pump attendant to Shell across the road because apparently Shell have RON97

Ya....the one just next to the police station. ^_^

Hahaha. Ya otherwise look silly. Q for so long then reach pump then drive away. Hahaha.

Ya turbocharged usually on the rich side to keep things cool cos on high boost if too lean the valves can burn n spoil even.

Some LeanBurn engines hv suffered from valves n piston damage from too much heat.

I learn lean tune burns engine the cheap way....on a nitro RC engine.

Tune it for POWERRRR....and was so lean...after a few hot laps...blardy engine piangz. The piston was jammed. Lucky me....lesson learn very cheap.

Earlier this month, I was in KL.

Went to top up petrol.

Attendent ask, "murah atau mahal?"

Me:"Murah boleh?"

Attendent:"Boleh"

Me:"Ok... murah."

... happy like anything.... [grin]

But when back to 2nd link... no such offer...

In SG better to leave to oem spec & run richer as petrols cools the pistons.

Also may be helpful if get got in massive jam.

Although lean may save a little $, it could eventually turn into a case of penny wise pound foolish.

Lean also makes up many locals who dont quite warm up their cars b4 driving off or worse, turn key & go & don't bother to keep revs low.

Worst I know = while radio on, air con on, when reach destination, just off ignitioin. Next morning, turn key while the rest all on, step & go immediately......

I think for these, even Jap reliability also cannot withstand the shock treatment.

Edited by Baal

In SG better to leave to oem spec & run richer as petrols cools the pistons.

Also may be helpful if get got in massive jam.

Although lean may save a little $, it could eventually turn into a case of penny wise pound foolish.

Lean also makes up many locals who dont quite warm up their cars b4 driving off or worse, turn key & go & don't bother to keep revs low.

Worst I know = while radio on, air con on, when reach destination, just off ignitioin. Next morning, turn key while the rest all on, step & go immediately......

I think for these, even Jap reliability also cannot withstand the shock treatment.

Actually now cars have ECU which wil adjust mixture to rich when engine cold to hasten warming up. Once engine is warm, the mixture wil go to normal. Last time its known as "auto-choke" on carb engines.

Now cars dun need to warm up. Just start n go but drive slower till engine warms up.

Actually now cars have ECU which wil adjust mixture to rich when engine cold to hasten warming up. Once engine is warm, the mixture wil go to normal. Last time its known as "auto-choke" on carb engines.

Now cars dun need to warm up. Just start n go but drive slower till engine warms up.

usually I give it at least a couple of mins. And if i must move off while blue light is on, i restrict to 2k rpm. Thanks for sharing the ECU adj mixture part. So morale of story, stock ecu is best, unless subscribe to very anal SOP when starting up.

usually I give it at least a couple of mins. And if i must move off while blue light is on, i restrict to 2k rpm. Thanks for sharing the ECU adj mixture part. So morale of story, stock ecu is best, unless subscribe to very anal SOP when starting up.

For me also abt same.

When engine cold, I start engine n put bag in backseat. Then sit n on blower. Then slowly drive off. Abt 1-2 mins from start engine to move off. Wil drive for abt 3-5 mins then on AC still driving slow (<2K RPM).

After abt 5-10 mins when engine is warm wil I exceed 2K rpm.

Me lagi best, I was directed by Petronas pump attendant to Shell across the road because apparently Shell have RON97

The same occurred to me on 25/12/2013. Heading for home from Copthorne Orchid Penang, there was a Petronas station after about 5 mins drive. When I drove into the station, the attendant and 2 cashiers [inside glass counter] immediately looked at us. I enquired with the attendant "no 97, may I pump 95?". Was directed to drive further down to the Shell station.

↡ Advertisement