Courage of the Fukushima Fifty 'on a suicide mission'

Mockngbrd

They are brave and self-sacrificing, typical jap spirit, but to call it suicidal it's a bit exaggerated. This is no U-571 or chernobyl definitely.

Turbocharged

They are brave and self-sacrificing, typical jap spirit, but to call it suicidal it's a bit exaggerated. This is no U-571 or chernobyl definitely.

Try going near the plant for that period of time and tell me if you don't think the radiation will give you problems that you otherwise would not have.

Turbocharged

Probably 200 rather than just 50. My utmost respect for all of them. God Bless.

"Whilst the men are called the Fukushima Fifty, the group is thought to actually be 200-strong. They are doing four shifts in rotation, working on restarting the cooling systems."

[bigcry] this is what we called nation unity.....here...our MIW said we are not even a nation...... [bigcry] we serve NS to protect those FT... Edited by LoverofCar

This tsunami incident really made me think highly of the Japanese.

Even the Americans were not so disciplined when Katrina struck.

Try going near the plant for that period of time and tell me if you don't think the radiation will give you problems that you otherwise would not have.

I'm just expecting this kind of reply.

Tell me when someone actually died from radiation exposure.

I'm not trivializing their heroic efforts. Just putting some perspective into things.

I'm just expecting this kind of reply.

Tell me when someone actually died from radiation exposure.

I'm not trivializing their heroic efforts. Just putting some perspective into things.

if they died straightaway it might not be so bad. The bad thing is to suffer decades from radiation sickness n cancer.

it might be suicidal.. but they are exposing to the risk of the after-effects of radiation to prevent nuclear leaks.. for any kind of reasons, i think they should be given the thumbs up!

I heard what they are exposed to in that few days is equivalent to about 8000 times of X-rays.

Definitely, their health will be affected somehow in the long term. [:(]

Will I volunteer to take up the mission if my country need me to... Hell NO!

These guys definitely has my utmost respect! [thumbsup]