Merc E230(W211) or BMW 525i(E60)?

Skanps

Neutral Newbie

Hi techies out there!

Hope someone have advice on this..

my 525i had some burning smell and very low aircon yesterday evening after driving around for a couple of hours.. and today morning unable to start :( sigh.. feels from the starting sound like battery is flat, however no indications or warnings :(.. what to do, going to scrap after 3 months, wish no need scrap earlier haha

cheers 

↡ Advertisement

Hi techies out there!

my 525i had some burning smell and very low aircon yesterday evening after driving around for a couple of hours.. and today morning unable to start :( sigh.. feels from the starting sound like battery is flat, however no indications or warnings :(.. what to do, going to scrap after 3 months, wish no need scrap earlier haha

cheers

Burning smell has got nothing to do with battery flat, the two could be isolated case or could be related, towing it to a workshop will solve your doubt. But if I could do a wild guess, assuming the two are related, then it could be the alternator or alternator belt is screwed, resulting in low or poor charging, causing your battery to be drained off as well. But this is my wild guess like predicting COE. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Changed to W213 right before Christmas, due to the attractive agent and attractive package  [:p] . I felt a little bit more noisy with the new car, probably due to the Run-Flat wheels, or my expectation was too high. Now I feel W213 is definitely a leap over W211. If I've got a job that requires my own car, I would consider buying a W211 again (after 2008).

Hi techies out there!

cheers 

Sounds like your starter motor is kaputt. 

Neutral Newbie

Omg.. thanks lor.. where to get a cheap spare.. not driving it so can wait for the cheapest solution :(

Changed to W213 right before Christmas, due to the attractive agent and attractive package [:p] . I felt a little bit more noisy with the new car, probably due to the Run-Flat wheels, or my expectation was too high. Now I feel W213 is definitely a leap over W211. If I've got a job that requires my own car, I would consider buying a W211 again (after 2008).

How attractive was the offer? Mind to share Edited by camrysfe

Hi, who here still driving a W211 E230?

can share your experience with this car? 
thanks. 
by the way is there a car group for W211? 

1 hour ago, Airy said:

Hi, who here still driving a W211 E230?

can share your experience with this car? 
thanks. 
by the way is there a car group for W211? 

W211 is one of the most well built  model by Mercedes,  the body is sturdy and strong. I used to own a W211 E200 but scrapped it without renewing COE because of the high parf value and the high COE PQP then. My friend used to own  a E230, it is quite powerful and smooth compare to the E200 model.  The E230 is a 2.5L engine with 7 speed auto trans while the E200 is only 1.8L with a 5 speed gear box.  The car was reliable but by the W211 W230 should be at least 12 to 15 year old ? Need to ensure it is one with proper maintenance by the ex owner.

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

W211 is one of the most well built  model by Mercedes,  the body is sturdy and strong. I used to own a W211 E200 but scrapped it without renewing COE because of the high parf value and the high COE PQP then. My friend used to own  a E230, it is quite powerful and smooth compare to the E200 model.  The E230 is a 2.5L engine with 7 speed auto trans while the E200 is only 1.8L with a 5 speed gear box.  The car was reliable but by the W211 W230 should be at least 12 to 15 year old ? Need to ensure it is one with proper maintenance by the ex owner.

Guess you have been lucky with mercs then. W212 for sure is a better built car than the w211. W211 was engineered during the Daimler Chrysler times. 

55 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Guess you have been lucky with mercs then. W212 for sure is a better built car than the w211. W211 was engineered during the Daimler Chrysler times. 

Agreed,the early W211,2003 Model,Fuel Pump Failure,Fuel Tank Leaking & SBC Brake Failure.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1