B200 free upgrade to C200??!

Damienic

Hi, anyone check out the recent C&C buy B200 and get free upgrade to a C200 promotion? Is it logical?

The list price of B200 is 167,800 and the C200 is 203,800. If the promo is true, then it is akin to buying a C200 at 167,800. If this is so, then which C class buyers would still want to buy the C180 of which the list price is 163,800 which is just 4K cheaper and what's more, C180 is under CAT A and the C200 is under CAT B? Then wouldn't they cannabalise their own sales of C180 which makes up quite a big bulk of Mercs sales in SG? Interesting to see if anyone had gone down to check out this promo..

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement

Of course there is no free lunch. The $36K difference is made up of overtrade, cash rebate for high loan quantum with higher interest, service credits and a cash discount off the list price.

For a similar deal with the C180, it would probably "cost" $14+,000 or so.

Furthermore, now is clear stock time as they are going to bring in the facelift version, I think.

(edited)

Of course there is no free lunch. The $36K difference is made up of overtrade, cash rebate for high loan quantum with higher interest, service credits and a cash discount off the list price.

For a similar deal with the C180, it would probably "cost" $14+,000 or so.

Furthermore, now is clear stock time as they are going to bring in the facelift version, I think.

yes, the 36K difference will make up of overtrade and cash rebate which I know would be the case, but if the C180 do not offer 36K kind of rebates and overtrades or at least a level close to it, then isn't the price of C180 and C200 going to be too close to each other for people to consider buying the former? There is a 40k difference between C180 and C200 becos of 20k difference in COE plus the higher OMV of C200..So assuming if the C200 is going to sell at 167,800 with all the "goodies" included, then is C180 going to come with other goodies to make the price like below 140k?

As for clearing of stock, shouldn't their priority also be for C180 and not only just C200? But other than promo for C200 for stock clearing, I dun see any such promo for C180..

Edited by Damienic

yes, the 36K difference will make up of overtrade and cash rebate which I know would be the case, but if the C180 do not offer 36K kind of rebates and overtrades or at least a level close to it, then isn't the price of C180 and C200 going to be too close to each other for people to consider buying the former? There is a 40k difference between C180 and C200 becos of 20k difference in COE plus the higher OMV of C200..So assuming if the C200 is going to sell at 167,800 with all the "goodies" included, then is C180 going to come with other goodies to make the price like below 140k?

As for clearing of stock, shouldn't their priority also be for C180 and not only just C200? But other than promo for C200 for stock clearing, I dun see any such promo for C180..

bro, this promotion has always been there.. just on and off sometimes due to market trends.

they dont need the promote the c180 because its the base model, singaporeans buy luxury cars mostly are base models one.. hahah, think about face value.

just look at the number of bmw 318 320 on the roads.. its the equivalent of c180. but as u move up the ladder (of price), the trend starts to diminish.

Hi, anyone check out the recent C&C buy B200 and get free upgrade to a C200 promotion? Is it logical?

The list price of B200 is 167,800 and the C200 is 203,800. If the promo is true, then it is akin to buying a C200 at 167,800. If this is so, then which C class buyers would still want to buy the C180 of which the list price is 163,800 which is just 4K cheaper and what's more, C180 is under CAT A and the C200 is under CAT B? Then wouldn't they cannabalise their own sales of C180 which makes up quite a big bulk of Mercs sales in SG? Interesting to see if anyone had gone down to check out this promo..

they did away with the 1597cc engine quite quickly. it lasted only a short while. no more cat A.

they did away with the 1597cc engine quite quickly. it lasted only a short while. no more cat A.

I thot the CAT A 1597cc is still there? at least their own website and the sgcarmart website still shows the 1597cc C180 there.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/si...nical_data.html

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...mp;Subcode=2587

they do this deal pretty much all the time but as mentioned got too many catches that dont interest the typical mercedes buyer...

in fact they do have this deal for the C180 too always on and off

bro, this promotion has always been there.. just on and off sometimes due to market trends.

they dont need the promote the c180 because its the base model, singaporeans buy luxury cars mostly are base models one.. hahah, think about face value.

just look at the number of bmw 318 320 on the roads.. its the equivalent of c180. but as u move up the ladder (of price), the trend starts to diminish.

Is it? I thought it is a new promo cos last saturday and this saturday's advert was the first time I see it..

then also the way they promoted the C200 is very strange...why say buy B200 and upgrade to C200? it is a straight "discount" for C200 and the way they put it kind of like put down the B200...who will buy the B200 then??

they do this deal pretty much all the time but as mentioned got too many catches that dont interest the typical mercedes buyer...

in fact they do have this deal for the C180 too always on and off

what is the current deal for C180 if you happen to know? I know the list price is 163,800 but they usually they would have 10k overtrade and some other rebates thrown in?

sigh...the last time when I test drove the C180 in 2009 it is only 123,800 after overtrade...price was so good then...but that time not ready to change as my current ride not yet break even..now is so expensive.. [bigcry][bigcry]

Is it? I thought it is a new promo cos last saturday and this saturday's advert was the first time I see it..

then also the way they promoted the C200 is very strange...why say buy B200 and upgrade to C200? it is a straight "discount" for C200 and the way they put it kind of like put down the B200...who will buy the B200 then??

nah he's right its always around. They do the trick for other models too...

too bad its still not a straight discount [laugh]

what is the current deal for C180 if you happen to know? I know the list price is 163,800 but they usually they would have 10k overtrade and some other rebates thrown in?

sigh...the last time when I test drove the C180 in 2009 it is only 123,800 after overtrade...price was so good then...but that time not ready to change as my current ride not yet break even..now is so expensive.. [bigcry][bigcry]

alamak bro now not the time to throw your money bro

i think lun abit more and see. ill give you a shoutout just before anything new comes in. Who knows maybe you'll like the FL model even more.

I havnt go ask about the C180 so i cant advise you right now maybe other bros can.

Yup usually overtrade + service credits + some freebies (eg, exo tip, 3rd party reverse cam, solar film (its a given) etc etc)

nah he's right its always around. They do the trick for other models too...

too bad its still not a straight discount [laugh]

haha perhaps I just dun follow the motor industry enough..

yeah lor..sick of all this kind of discounts which comes with string attached... :angry:

alamak bro now not the time to throw your money bro

i think lun abit more and see. ill give you a shoutout just before anything new comes in. Who knows maybe you'll like the FL model even more.

I havnt go ask about the C180 so i cant advise you right now maybe other bros can.

Yup usually overtrade + service credits + some freebies (eg, exo tip, 3rd party reverse cam, solar film (its a given) etc etc)

oh you have "connection" with C&C to have first hand info abt new things coming in?

but the FL model will be priced even higher right? ^_^

in the first place, not many people buy B-class anyway. maybe they give direct similar upgrade for people who show interest in A-class? (to B-class, if there is still A-class locally)

anyway they're just trying to give the impression of "value-adding" to potential customers. customers love that.

wanna buy something worth $50 then end up they will feel, with the free upgrade or gifts, they have bought something worth $80 [cool]

oh you have "connection" with C&C to have first hand info abt new things coming in?

but the FL model will be priced even higher right? ^_^

ill let you know one la dont worry i have to be in tune with the industry because its my business too mah. [laugh]

FL one i dont think will be priced different i suppose it will just replace the previous iterations market placement

haha perhaps I just dun follow the motor industry enough..

yeah lor..sick of all this kind of discounts which comes with string attached... :angry:

standard one la all look very nice but end up cannot touch [laugh]

I thot the CAT A 1597cc is still there? at least their own website and the sgcarmart website still shows the 1597cc C180 there.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/si...nical_data.html

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...mp;Subcode=2587

apologies. i think it was a C180 CGI that was done away with.

no longer know what CGI, K, ML, and whatnot stands for.

↡ Advertisement