Dont come here if you cant stand stinks......

KARTer

No, we dont have miw here to provide the stinko that drives you away....

This is about real smelly stuff..... question: what's the worse stink you have even encountered?...... during NS days when everyone smells the same? or what?

I havent encountered smell of dead meat / bodies, but the garbage truck that drives in front of me every few days on my way to work really puts me off.....

But back to NS..... recruits' fiedl camp must be one of the smellest place...... :o

If the mrt train picks up some passengers from 'certain' areas, the whole cabin smells like 'heaven'..... [blush]

oh, the famous 'ccb' phrase.... has anyone ever experienced it???

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement

I live in a very rural part of Hong Kong where feral cows wander around. Once in a while, one dies, and the stench from one of them in the summer heat is one of the worst smells I ever knew! My friend lives in an even more "ulu" area and once a cow died at his doorstep - he had to stay in a hotel for a week. To put it in perspective, I'd rather have my lunch in a public toilet or be the guy hanging on to the garbage truck as it makes its rounds then to have one of the cows die in front of my house. Thankfully that won't happen because my place is not accessible to the cows, but once one died near a bus stop and I walked nearly 3km to the next bus stop rather than wait there; it was that bad.

Besides that I've encountered all sorts of other dead animals and insect nests (an abandoned hornet nest full of dead larvae and pupae is one of the worst smells), some of which smell quite bad but not on that same scale. But interestingly none of these bug me as much the smell of durians [laugh] Strange, but it seems to run in the family - a lot of my relatives, from the very young to the very old, never liked durians.

All kinds of other smells, from garbage to public toilets to body odour, don't bother me at all compared to dead cows and durians.

I live in a very rural part of Hong Kong where feral cows wander around. Once in a while, one dies, and the stench from one of them in the summer heat is one of the worst smells I ever knew! My friend lives in an even more "ulu" area and once a cow died at his doorstep - he had to stay in a hotel for a week. To put it in perspective, I'd rather have my lunch in a public toilet or be the guy hanging on to the garbage truck as it makes its rounds then to have one of the cows die in front of my house. Thankfully that won't happen because my place is not accessible to the cows, but once one died near a bus stop and I walked nearly 3km to the next bus stop rather than wait there; it was that bad.

Besides that I've encountered all sorts of other dead animals and insect nests (an abandoned hornet nest full of dead larvae and pupae is one of the worst smells), some of which smell quite bad but not on that same scale. But interestingly none of these bug me as much the smell of durians [laugh] Strange, but it seems to run in the family - a lot of my relatives, from the very young to the very old, never liked durians.

All kinds of other smells, from garbage to public toilets to body odour, don't bother me at all compared to dead cows and durians.

i have encountered dead rats' or dead fish's smell before..... is dead cow's smell same? ...... [:(]

i have encountered dead rats' or dead fish's smell before..... is dead cow's smell same? ...... [:(]

I rate it 30 times worse than dead fish! I have no problem with dead fish smell, not even those that have been sitting out in the sun for hours. In fact that is one of the baits I use to attract hornets, which I have been researching for years.

A cow that has been dead and after 2 to 4 days in the sun... my god, I wouldn't walk within 20m of one if I can help it! My friend's area is the worst - because it's so inaccessible, the government departments push the responsibility of clearing the dead carcass to each other and it sometimes takes a week before it is removed.

Edited by Bicolor

Haha.. I love that fruit.. [:p] [:p]

↡ Advertisement