How far did you stretch yourself?

Poper

How many times your salary did you pay your car for?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Your car = N x monthly salary?

• < 8 x my salary
    • >= 8, < 12 x my salary
    • >= 12, < 16 x my salary
    • >= 16, < 20 x my salary
    • >= 20, < 24 x my salary
    • >= 24 x my salary

Ermmm...

Salary at the time of purchase or current salary?

I think should put in 1x 2x 4x, here many high income earners, or else you survey result will be skewed towards the 1st 3 options with only few outliers at the rest.

Edited by Atonchia

Neutral Newbie

wa zhun boh. got ppl sub <8 uh.

by calculations.

so if owning a car that costs say... 80k. <8 means earn about 10k a month min!

me jealous =(

another boliao thread... end up everyone in these thread earns more than 150k.

let wait and see...

Not really,

For a 3-4 yrs car

If an OPC car at $25K, monthly income is at $3.5K is still less than 8 mths pay.

If a QQ at $30K, salary at $4K, also less than 8 mths pay.

A $150K BMW with $15K salary is between 8-12 mths pay.

A person earning $60K driving a $1mil Lambo is about 17 months.

There are many earn less than or around $10K but still buy cars more than $150K.

So those who chose the more than 16 months one may not be those with lesser earning power. [laugh]

Edited by Atonchia

the poll does maybe explain the state of the current car sales industry for bread and butter cars..

say if majority of the respondents earn aorund 6k here and all of them spend less than 12x, then theorectically, their car would cost 70k and lower..haha in current new car market, what can 70k actually get you? even the Avante cost above 75k I think..

Kum xia kum xia.. thank you bro/sis for taking the poll.. Hope it didn't bored you, ha ha :D:D H

It is really my curiosity when looking at the number of high-end luxury cars on the road despite COE rocket high.. This makes me wonder "how far will people stretch themselves for a car in SG?". Of course, the young ones who are single and no need to support parents can spend more on cars as an indulgent. Definitley, the gen A or X, Y, Z will have different tolerance level. [whip]

There are many earn less than or around $10K but still buy cars more than $150K.

So those who chose the more than 16 months one may not be those with lesser earning power. [laugh]

You got it there bro! there's no comparison of how much a person earns in this poll.. It's just a matter of how many X of your monthly salary only. [;)]