Optimum OptiCoat Tested

Optivax

These products have been in the market for almost a year but only available to professional groomers only..Why not let DIY users have a chance to try since some of the detailers are quite pro..I decided to start retailing this coating to fellow DIY users..This OptiCoat is not spray on type of coating..This Opticoat can be removed with some hard machine polishing compound so dun worry if wrong application will damage your paint..With this coating underneath..You can still DIY with some of your favorite waxes or sealant or even AIOs...

It has been a while since I last stop my FL detailing..I decided to do this test to see how OptiCoat can last in our tropical weather..

Surface used..4 years old Citroen Berlingo..Condition is quite bad..decided not to do a wet sand as time is quite consuming..oxidation and water marks are main issue..I dun expect a 100% removal..

Machine used- Makita 9227C and Flex

polishing pads - Lake country purple wool and orange/white pads..

Products Used - Since I am still waiting for my Optimum Professional polish..I took some Merzerna Power Gloss and Intensive polish 91 and 85..Optimum Poli-seal..Optimum Power clean..70% IPA ..Optimum No Rinse and the main dish Optimum Opti-Coat

Here are some pics.. condition of the surface before polish..

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Did a claybar and realise not only blasting..Primer coating is also on the surface..Blame on myself..Drove it to shipyards area often..

17032011015.jpg

(edited)

Did a half section polished and unpolished..wasnt too clear on halogen lighting..

IMG_0033.jpg

without lighting is much more clearer..

IMG_0031.jpg

Edited by Optivax

(edited)

And both side polished up..Took me about 4hrs for the bonnet..

IMG_0037.jpg

After all was done..IPA and Optimum power clean used to wipe down with a microfiber cloth..removing oil from the polishes..

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

Surface ready to be Coated..

IMG_0038.jpg

Edited by Optivax

(edited)

The OptiCoat used together with Microfiber applicators..I would recommend MF applicator for easy application..As mentioned by Garlic on the other thread..Sponge does caused some sqeaking and rough application..

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

A tiny drop is good enough

IMG_0045.jpg

Edited by Optivax

The finish products..It is recommend to let it dry for approx 30mins..The full curing should be about 12hrs..We sure see the hydrophobic tommorow..Stay Tune..

Thanks for readings Guys and Gals.. [;)]

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Turbocharged

wah!!!! KILAT!!! how much to groom mpv? hehe. anyway, when u say need to cure for 12hrs, means leave it dry for the whole 12 hrs? must protect from the rain?

Great job Benny! [thumbsup]

Claybar looks nasty. [dead]

I just finished coating the other car; bonnet, fenders and boot with remaining 3ml.

Will post pics later tonight.

I did not clean blue plastic tip properly previously and the remaining OC inside hardened rock solid. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

WHOAAA....impressive. Show us some beading/sheeting actions please.

Can't wait to get hold of mine. Still arranging with KW....

(edited)

WHOAAA....impressive. Show us some beading/sheeting actions please.

Can't wait to get hold of mine. Still arranging with KW....

Hi Kris..No problem..already keep one for you..

hehe..will do that..

Here is a video Garlic has uploaded..He was not sure if opticoat was on top so he uses water just to be sure opticoat is there..

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry3675730

Edited by Optivax

wah!!!! KILAT!!! how much to groom mpv? hehe. anyway, when u say need to cure for 12hrs, means leave it dry for the whole 12 hrs? must protect from the rain?

Hi Bro..hehe I no longer do FL detailing..took out my arsenal for this coating testing only..I guess you should be interested in this..

(edited)

DAY 1

Took a short video clip today after 12hours to ensure the Opticoat is on the surface..Wash with shampoo and full strength degreaser was also used on the next video...Stay tune

Edited by Optivax

(edited)

DG Ultimate Orange cleaner and degreaser full strength used..No dilution..OC is still intact even with APC used..Looks like really need some hard machine polish to remove..

th_MVI_0055.jpg

Edited by Optivax

LOL, really like a shield :D

This stuff is really hard once cured.

I tried rubbing hard with undiluted IPA and it did not budge, only managed to remove it with PO91E + cutting pad after several passes.

Neutral Newbie

hmmm....the sheeting looks quite slow as compared to some of the better sealants/waxes that I've used before....interesting....

↡ Advertisement