Optimum OptiCoat Tested

Optivax

Hi Optivax,

Earlier last week, I SMS you for prep detailing service and applying Opticoat without any replies. The service, does it still applies 8)

Thank you.

Hi CK..Apologised..I was away last 2 weeks..Could have left out some of the sms...I actually stop detailing at this moment cos my day job require me travel recently..Quite a pack schedule for me..

↡ Advertisement

Hi Benny

Thank you for sharing your grooming procedures. I notice you like to start off by using mama-lemon to shampoo the car. I see some other groomers using PH neutral multi-purpose cleaners also. How is this different to using conventional car shampoo? Which will you recommend for routine wash if i want to retain my sealant/wax.

Hi Benny

Thank you for sharing your grooming procedures. I notice you like to start off by using mama-lemon to shampoo the car. I see some other groomers using PH neutral multi-purpose cleaners also. How is this different to using conventional car shampoo? Which will you recommend for routine wash if i want to retain my sealant/wax.

Dun mention..we used apc or shampoo to strip off existing wax or sealant.. If u want to retain yr wax or sealant..use a car shampoo will do

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I'm a Singaporean student in Sydney and I own a 2002 RX7 FD Bathurst R.

I just got my Opti-Coat done 2 weeks ago by a local detailer here am extremely impressed with the results! The original condition of my car paint was pretty mint but after paint correction + Opti-Coating, the 9 year old paint looks totally brand new and >80% of my fine scratches etc. are gone. I was rooted to my feet when I collected my car.. didn't expect the results to be that good. Washing is also a breeze and I use a 2 bucket system with Optimum No Rinse to wash my car weekly.

post-99657-1318616795_thumb.jpgpost-99657-1318616832_thumb.jpgpost-99657-1318616864_thumb.jpg

post-99657-1318616774_thumb.jpg

Benny for those without a DA. What product do you recommend to remove all the fine scratches?

How to properly prep the whole car before applying the coat. If you can tell us step by step lagi better [:p]

Is sad to hear that you stop detailing now, was waiting for u since march. [bigcry]

Edited by Intel

Think Benny is quite busy with his day job recently as spoken with him recently. It will be good if he can

recommend somebody to coat this fantastic product for some interested owners.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Love_hes.

Intel: Before they applied the Opti-Coa on my car, it has to be pressure washed and then machined polished to remove all the fine scratches/swirl marks/holograms etc. Then they used a clay bar to remove all the contaminants from the paint. It is very important to clean the paint extremely thoroughly as the Opti-Coat is a sealant. Once applied you will not be able to do anymore paint correction+cleaning as the Opti-Coat layer cures over the paint permanently unless removed by buffing it off again. It is pretty much like a clear coat but much thicker and more resistant to dirt etc.

Thanks Love_hes.

Intel: Before they applied the Opti-Coa on my car, it has to be pressure washed and then machined polished to remove all the fine scratches/swirl marks/holograms etc. Then they used a clay bar to remove all the contaminants from the paint. It is very important to clean the paint extremely thoroughly as the Opti-Coat is a sealant. Once applied you will not be able to do anymore paint correction+cleaning as the Opti-Coat layer cures over the paint permanently unless removed by buffing it off again. It is pretty much like a clear coat but much thicker and more resistant to dirt etc.

thanks. the problem is I don have the DA to polish tats y until now cannot DIY to apply. hopefully benny will do polishing again soon.

Hi,

I'm a Singaporean student in Sydney and I own a 2002 RX7 FD Bathurst R.

I just got my Opti-Coat done 2 weeks ago by a local detailer here am extremely impressed with the results! The original condition of my car paint was pretty mint but after paint correction + Opti-Coating, the 9 year old paint looks totally brand new and >80% of my fine scratches etc. are gone. I was rooted to my feet when I collected my car.. didn't expect the results to be that good. Washing is also a breeze and I use a 2 bucket system with Optimum No Rinse to wash my car weekly.

wah..this is nice..Care to share how much it gets to coat 2.0 in Australia??

Benny for those without a DA. What product do you recommend to remove all the fine scratches?

How to properly prep the whole car before applying the coat. If you can tell us step by step lagi better [:p]

Is sad to hear that you stop detailing now, was waiting for u since march. [bigcry]

Hi Bro Intel..very sorry..has been very busy with work lately..To remove fine hairlines..you can try those slightly more abrasive then AIO..

Neutral Newbie

Thx bro. I paid a total of AUD$370 for paint correction and the application of Opti-Coat.

For only the application of Opti-Coat it will be AUD$185. They do provide 5 years warranty but it will cost AUD$345. Some might find the price I've paid steep but that is how it works here in Sydney.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

When I think of the back breaking cleaning and scrubbing, I start seeing double images. Perhaps I will take the easier way out.

Game plan:

1. Car wash at petrol station

2. Fine hand 'polish' using Meguiars compound/claybar.

3. Another car wash at petrol station with clean MF cloth wipe down.

4. IPA

5. Take a break.

6. Opticoat

7. Set up an altar to pray for good weather and no bird poo storms for next 48 hours.

Not sure there will be enough of my pieces left after the session to re-assemble myself 8)

Twincharged

When I think of the back breaking cleaning and scrubbing, I start seeing double images. Perhaps I will take the easier way out.

Game plan:

1. Car wash at petrol station

2. Fine hand 'polish' using Meguiars compound/claybar.

3. Another car wash at petrol station with clean MF cloth wipe down.

4. IPA

5. Take a break.

6. Opticoat

7. Set up an altar to pray for good weather and no bird poo storms for next 48 hours.

Not sure there will be enough of my pieces left after the session to re-assemble myself 8)

If you go to the car wash at petrol station might as well don't polish already. One wash enough to inflict lots of swirls.

Neutral Newbie

Yes the quality of petrol stations are pretty bad.. they don't really know their stuff and your paintwork will have swirlmarks all over in no time. If your car is Opti-Coated all you need to do is to shampoo your car, wash off, and dry it with MF tower.

OptiGuard (OptiCoat 1.0) still sheeting water after 8 months.

Car is parked outdoors 27/4 and paint is maintained by just washing.

↡ Advertisement