Excellent tactic by papaya

Blackwind

Neutral Newbie

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...661217&st=0

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry3676579

after reading the above 2 threads i feel that no matter how i see it the chances of the opposition winning is close to zero

it is like playing championship manager.... e.g. chelsea vs wolverhamton

chelsea has all the money in the world. players are given insane wages. whereas wolverhampton has to survive on a low budget.

chelsea will be able to buy top talents. but for wolverhampton it is not easy to even retain their talents from moving to bigger clubs. as such the future will never be promising for them.

in our current society it is even worse as it seems like money is everything....

with papaya deciding on their own wages and by paying millions to their members using the tax payer's money... they've won half the battle.... now they just need to fight it out with the less talented opposition or a few good men who have decided to forgo the riches

how difficult can that be for the highly paid and highly talented papayas.... shouldn't be a problem as most sporeans are a sensible bunch who will still vote for the more talented candidates the papayas

excellent tactic by papaya.... checkmate for opp

[wave]

↡ Advertisement

I am just wondering if a crisis were to happen, will we be like people or ministers in Japan??

Interesting you bring this up. Recently, I had similar tots. What if for some reason S'pore goes bankrupt like Greece. Will most of our gov be around to battle it out (since the country will be too poor to pay them top money) or leave the mess to the people?

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...661217&st=0

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry3676579

after reading the above 2 threads i feel that no matter how i see it the chances of the opposition winning is close to zero

it is like playing championship manager.... e.g. chelsea vs wolverhamton

chelsea has all the money in the world. players are given insane wages. whereas wolverhampton has to survive on a low budget.

chelsea will be able to buy top talents. but for wolverhampton it is not easy to even retain their talents from moving to bigger clubs. as such the future will never be promising for them.

in our current society it is even worse as it seems like money is everything....

with papaya deciding on their own wages and by paying millions to their members using the tax payer's money... they've won half the battle.... now they just need to fight it out with the less talented opposition or a few good men who have decided to forgo the riches

how difficult can that be for the highly paid and highly talented papayas.... shouldn't be a problem as most sporeans are a sensible bunch who will still vote for the more talented candidates the papayas

excellent tactic by papaya.... checkmate for opp

[wave]

i beg to differ from you

because you think as if it is in another country and does not involve you

anybody in parliament today is because you and I voted them in

whatever tactics any party used

it is still up to us whether we believe in them or not

and ultimately which person gets into parliament

is because of you and me

hence we have to stop behaving like it is not our problem and yet we complain like there is no heaven or earth

one issue that I cannot tahan is

is that i did my NS sustained spine injury

cannot claim

paid my own medical expenses

still do my reservist despite injury because I cannot get a PES C or E for my job nature

then some malaysian becoming new citizen just after two years

suddenly not only no need to do NS

but become MP via the backdoor GRC method

then he said

the most important perspective to keep in mind:

watever u decide will affect n haunt u for the next 4-5 years....so if u make ur choice, u will have to live with it!!!

Edited by Timex1441

Hi Park88,

Totally agree with you. NS, especially chiong suah unit type, is the common bonding experience that most Singapore males had gone through.

To see a 38 year old new citizen of 2 years catapult into parliament through the severly flawed GRC backdoor system mades me want to throw up! That new citizen is never going to enter parliament this way. Singaporeans, please make sure that he and his master minister head of the GRC gets the boot.

The truth is, Singapore will do just fine without the million dollar PAP man in charge. The Singapore system is well oiled to run just fine whoever the government is, as long as the government is not too low standard type.

We are seeing more capable people joining the opposition. If Singaporean sees that their own people are willing to give opposition a chance, more capable and committed people will stand up and be counted. So let us Singaporeans do our part and give the opposition a chance and give yourself alternative voices in running the country.

i beg to differ from you

because you think as if it is in another country and does not involve you

anybody in parliament today is because you and I voted them in

whatever tactics any party used

it is still up to us whether we believe in them or not

and ultimately which person gets into parliament

is because of you and me

hence we have to stop behaving like it is not our problem and yet we complain like there is no heaven or earth

one issue that I cannot tahan is

is that i did my NS sustained spine injury

cannot claim

paid my own medical expenses

still do my reservist despite injury because I cannot get a PES C or E for my job nature

then some malaysian becoming new citizen just after two years

suddenly not only no need to do NS

but become MP via the backdoor GRC method

then he said

the most important perspective to keep in mind:

watever u decide will affect n haunt u for the next 4-5 years....so if u make ur choice, u will have to live with it!!!

Bro Timex is right... except he underestimates the length of time that we have to live with the choice... whatever we decide will affect/haunt us for next 20-30yrs...

A) if the papaya does a clean sweep AGAIN... they WILL consolidate and ensure there'll be sufficient brainwashed new citiziens to vote for them for the next generation at least.

B) If the OP wins several seats, there is no way the papaya can deny ALL the opposition constituencies due amenities/upgrading, as the money belongs to all singapore, and not just papaya constituencies - there'll be a revolt if they try that trick. When people see that even OP wards still get the amenities despite not being papaya, more constituencies will fall to OP like dominoes in the following elections to come. Only then will there be a balance in the FORCE.

Whatever the decision... it will affect us at least till the next generation of singaporeans grow up...

it is not so much about ruling party or opposition

but the basic principle is highly questionable

for Janil Puthucheary, Straits Times, 22 March 2011, who is from Malaysia

the land that gave him so much that enable him to be a doctor

instead of going back to Malaysia to serve the many poor people in Malaysia who are truly in need

HE JUMP SHIP (to Singapore)

where is his loyalty

hence, do we want a country that all we think about is just making more and more money at the expense of everything else

therefore, teach me, how I can talk my way to a multi-million dollar job, please

They can use whatever tactic, strategy, threats, coercion, $$......

After all the sub-par performance by WKS, MBT, Yaacob, and many more. Worst of all the head got no balls to sack these underperformers but in some cases promote them instead.

I think that is the biggest mistake of all.

My family's votes don't go to them. Period. [:p]

We are seeing more capable people joining the opposition. If Singaporean sees that their own people are willing to give opposition a chance, more capable and committed people will stand up and be counted. So let us Singaporeans do our part and give the opposition a chance and give yourself alternative voices in running the country.

count me in, I will give capable OP a chance [thumbsup]

Interesting you bring this up. Recently, I had similar tots. What if for some reason S'pore goes bankrupt like Greece. Will most of our gov be around to battle it out (since the country will be too poor to pay them top money) or leave the mess to the people?

Well they already said ty must b PAID "market" rates otherwise ty wont want to serve the country so what do u think ty wil do if ty r not paid anything. [:|]

Why suddenly got so many on the opposition side? Is it because last time the pay not enough?