Brake Pad stick to brake disc after car wash

Spiderman302

I need some advice from expert here.

After washing the car immediately drive to park (MSCP). The next day, start the car and want to drive. Release hand brake.

Put to "D". Car would not move.

Press on the accelerator still would not move. Can feel that the break is biting on the disc.

Need to press accelerator harder. A loud "Dong" sounds like now the "glue" is broken.

Car suddenly jerk forward abit (now I have to step on brake).

After that car can drive as normal.

Its like the brake pad stick to the disc when it is wet after washing. And remain stick to the dick after one day and glued

to it.

This only happen after washing car and park for one day.

Anybody experience this ?

↡ Advertisement

After washing the car immediately drive to park (MSCP). The next day, start the car and want to drive. Release hand brake.

Press on the accelerator still would not move. Can feel that the break is biting on the disc.

Need to press accelerator harder. A loud "Dong" sounds like now the "glue" is broken.

Its like the brake pad stick to the disc when it is wet after washing. And remain stick to the dick after one day and glued

to it.

Yes me too experience this three times, i think is the horse shoe bite to the disc. Right now what I did was only put to P and handbrake still remain release position, till now no such problem liao ^_^

Perhaps there are too much brake dust in your drum. When you move off in the morning during low speed got the "eeeee" sound not?

Perhaps there are too much brake dust in your drum. When you move off in the morning during low speed got the "eeeee" sound not?

Mine both are disc brake. No eee sound either.

Brake discs are made of Cast Iron,very easy to rust,to prevent this happening again,drive for a longer distance,dry your brakes, before parking the car overnight,this will help.

to it.

Bro Spiderman302, I also do experience this after wash my car and driving during heavy rain. The next day, i would have the same "Dong" sound as you while moving off. I have check with my Car AD they say it's perfectly normal as the brakes has forming rust after washing or driving heavy rain on the brakes. This would result the "Glue Breaking Effect" and the "Dong" sound when i try to move off.

So my usual way of doing is after washing my car, i will bring my car for a spin in the carpark and brake intermediately for a few time (I make sure there is no cars behind me when doing that) and the glue effect will be greatly reduce or even non-existence.

Anyway if you are worry, just sent to a WS and check it out if your brakes are ok.

maybe this explain why we had unusual accident in the MSCP...

imagine if first time happen... driver not aware... he/she could easily overrun the car and knock onto others..

U mean car wash is DIY car wash @ washing bay izzt? course if washing @ petrol kiosk, u probably will drive the car for a few km and dry the brake.

yes! its common esp. if you wash in the evening & park it till next day before moving off.

2 ways to resolve....

1. after washing dont park straight away--drive around & apply braking a few times then park.

2. do not apply hand brake when parking-for auto just engage "P", for manual just engage 1st gear

Edited by Panhard
↡ Advertisement