Angsana Bintan Resort

Vextan

Anyone been there ? How is the place and what activities are there to carry out ? How's the food, massage and the scenary ? Thanks for feedback and recommendations of any other good resort in Bintan.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Hi,

Been there before.

1) Banyan Tree and Angsana shared the same water actvity centre (Kayak, Jetski, snorkelling etc.) and beach

2) food and drinks are more expensive then other bintan resorts

3) less crowded

4) Dont like the food at Angsana, there is one Restaurant in Banyan that require reservation( not bad )

5) Scenery okay, clear water as most bintan beaches

Overall Good for chilling out with family if going with girl friend go banyan tree with private pool can skinny Dip

I don't know if you considered Bintan Lagoon Resort, but we had an excellent experience there a couple of weeks ago (March School hols) . Just before our bus to the ferry terminal was due to leave, my dad discovered that he was missing his $2k+ ring. He rushed to retrieve the keycard (already checked out a few hours back), and searched frantically in the room, but to no avail. While he was doing that, I made a lost-and-found report, giving our Sg home no. as the contact detail (didn't give our HPs because we keep them off when travelling as a family). Then we really had to rush on board the waiting bus and go off.

So we were sitting there in the Emerald Class lounge, and my father was looking dejected since the ring held lots of sentimental value to him. Lo and behold, one of the female counter staff from the hotel rushed in breathlessly and made a beeline for us. To our great surprise, she produced my father's ring and informed us that they'd done a thorough search of the room, and found the ring under a bed. She had been frantically trying to call the provided no. but couldn't get an answer (because, of course, we were still on Bintan). So she hopped on a taxi and rushed down after us. She refused to accept any reward, but did take the $50 my dad proffered to cover her cab ride there and back, with much gratitude. I was much heartened to see how relieved my father was when his ring came back to him - we had pretty much given up hope. When we came back to Sg, my dad wrote in a commendatory email to the hotel manager praising his staff's honesty.

To me, this sort of honesty is the one thing that distinguishes this resort. Of course, staff at the other resorts might be equally honest, but I have no experience of that. But based on this, we would have no hesitation in choosing Bintan Lagoon Resort again.

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)

thanks dude. wow, exemplary service and honesty by Bintan Lagoon Resort. [thumbsup] I will check this out too besides the Banyan Tree. Desperately need a few days of naked body massage under the coconut tree sipping magaritas.

Edited by Vextan

thanks dude. wow, exemplary service and honesty by Bintan Lagoon Resort. [thumbsup] I will check this out too besides the Banyan Tree. Desperately need a few days of naked body massage under the coconut tree sipping magaritas.

Mind you, I think Banyan tree is considered a higher-end resort than Bintan Lagoon. But the integrity of the staff of the latter greatly impressed me, and I thought I should mention it. [:)]

With regard to "naked" body massage on the beach - not sure. [laugh] I know that Bintan Lagoon also offers beach massage, but of course, the clients are draped by cloth since they're out in public view. But for an in-room massage, I guess you can be as naked as you like.

Edited by Turboflat4

Go Banyan Tree la bro.

Place is more elite and more suitable for you.

Massage is top notch and you can have all the privacy you need. [thumbsup]

things to do while at bintan :

1. javanese body massage in the morning

2. brunch

3. soak in hot bath tub

4. swim, sea activities and tanning

5. drink wine and eat sea food dinner

6. clubbing

[rolleyes] wah, shiok.

Turbocharged

when u intend to go?

Im staying at Banyantree Villa room (those with Jaccuzi only) this coming June school holidays.

I got good price from them.

when u intend to go?

Im staying at Banyantree Villa room (those with Jaccuzi only) this coming June school holidays.

I got good price from them.

i going in april. cancelled my japan trip and so going to resort instead. just booked banyan tree through ctc travel, good package and have 1 for 1 spa offer.

Turbocharged

that would easily cost S$300 to 400 per person for a night stay.

u can call Banyan and pre-book yr massage slot.

If not, all lousy timing will be left when u reach there.

Edited by Mcf777

(edited)

that would easily cost S$300 to 400 per person for a night stay.

u can call Banyan and pre-book yr massage slot.

If not, all lousy timing will be left when u reach there.

noted, thats a good advice, and will do that. thx. any other suggestions ?

Edited by Vextan

Turbocharged

there are only 2 restaurant at Pasar Oleh Oleh

they will come and pick you (both ways) if you purchased minimum S$40 during dinner time

Tel : +62813 7205 5750 / +62110 691997

if not, when u arrive the Bintan Ferry terminal (near the exit/entrance of the ferry terminal), get a brochure from the company called INDO RENT transportation

Tel +62 770 691 992. they have all the transport charges for where you want to go.

Per way from Banyantree to Pasar Oleh Oleh is S$15 per car (both ways is S$30)

Edited by Mcf777