Street Directory

Picanto

Do you think mighty minds St Directory is good to use? i saw a couple of other brands in the bookshops but still think mighty minds not too bad

post-18182-1301548465_thumb.jpg

Edited by Picanto
↡ Advertisement

When I bought 4-5 yrs ago, a CD is included, so that you can search location on PC/laptop. The CD is valid for 1yr. This is useful because the Directory is kept in the car.

i burnt mine years ago after i bought my gps......... [laugh]

sometimes GPS is not accurate. its always good to have a copy of the street directory in the car

Turbocharged

sometimes GPS is not accurate. its always good to have a copy of the street directory in the car

Especially when your GPS run out of Battery.

i thot there is only 1 brand out there? anyw there is also an iphone app for street directory. good...got live photos too of expressways, causeway etc.

Turbocharged

When I bought 4-5 yrs ago, a CD is included, so that you can search location on PC/laptop. The CD is valid for 1yr. This is useful because the Directory is kept in the car.

Im still buying it annually because of the CD, easier to see using PC even though I have a GPS

Hypersonic

Im still buying it annually because of the CD, easier to see using PC even though I have a GPS

Are you using garmin?? Coz Garmin has Mapsource for PC, where you can plan your journey with the POIs you want to visit, then upload to your GPS... I plan my malaysia trip that way with MFM maps.

Neutral Newbie

a question just come to my mind.

can use those ipad or galaxy tab as a GPS ? without paying for any telco monthly plan.

Turbocharged

Are you using garmin?? Coz Garmin has Mapsource for PC, where you can plan your journey with the POIs you want to visit, then upload to your GPS... I plan my malaysia trip that way with MFM maps.

Yes I have both and also a contributor. The actual CD is much nicer.

Huh? Buy for the CD to view on PC?

unless u do not have internet connection if not, please use www.map.gov.sg or www.streetdirectory.com

otherwise buy an Iphone or Android.

but i do believe hardcopy will still be in demand for ppl who are not tech savvy like those uncles.

unless u do not have internet connection if not, please use www.map.gov.sg or www.streetdirectory.com

but i do believe hardcopy will still be in demand for ppl who are not tech savvy like those uncles.

Exactly. Only ah peks use the big hard copy of street directory cos of bad eyesight.

Turbocharged

The CD is user friendly. Nothing can beat it. Online map does load slowly if your Internet connection not fast

↡ Advertisement