Disappointed with Proton

Mona-vie

bought a 2nd hand Satria Neo. Just 2 days and alarm spoilt. Car can't even start. Got to tow to WS. Worse no one at Sin Ming could fix the car. Now have to tow to Proton Service Centre....

OMG......

↡ Advertisement

bought a 2nd hand Satria Neo. Just 2 days and alarm spoilt. Car can't even start. Got to tow to WS. Worse no one at Sin Ming could fix the car. Now have to tow to Proton Service Centre....

OMG......

it is a nice car you have bought but just plain bad luck on your encounter..... but 2nd hand vehicle will always having certain risk in getting them....

immobilisor alarm?

aftermarket or not?

Original Proton one. Not aftermarket. Now I am going to rip out all the stock alarm and install aftermarket one. Proton things cannot be trusted..... After what I have read on the net.

OMG......

didnt the ws use a handheld dianogstic console+plugin to 'read' the fault and display the fault code?..... my mitsubishi had a similar problem and my ws fixed it good!!

so is the fault solved already....how much?

Frankly speaking, if you buy a second hand car ....

Don't expect it to be 100% perfect...Even nowadays new cars do have some problems

[:)]

Turbocharged

not really fair that u say disappointed with proton. after, u bought a 2nd hand car, n went to a WS not associated with proton. u should blame the previous owner, the WS u went to or your luck. unless after sending to proton svc ctr n they still cant rectify the prob, then u can say proton is disappointing.

anyway...the car is nice. gd looking n potential mods r aplenty.

Till the time I buy a MIK, I may start to consider a MIM for the future option.

So no proton for me for the next few years.

Frankly speaking, if you buy a second hand car ....

Don't expect it to be 100% perfect...Even nowadays new cars do have some problems

[:)]

Yep, 'tis very true. 2nd hand cars come with their fair share of problems. From Protons to Toyotas to Ferraris, no exceptions! In any case, the Satria Neo is a very nice car with great potential on Malaysia's B-roads [sly] , servicing and parts come cheap as chips too. This alarm problem of yours should also be a cheap & easy fix. What's not so easy to fix is Proton's infamous interior fit & finish which is in serious need of betterment [shakehead]

Original Proton one. Not aftermarket. Now I am going to rip out all the stock alarm and install aftermarket one. Proton things cannot be trusted..... After what I have read on the net.

To be honest, proton isnt that bad. Don't read the malaysian stuff on their quality. They get local distribution quality. We get their export quality which has much tighter QC.

finally fixed the problem. Reset the alarm and ECU and reprogram the key....... NIGHTMARE.......

bro, if this incident is a nightmare to you, you might be better off discarding your ride now..... no car will last forever without a single problem.......

↡ Advertisement