Competition panel's view of petrol pricing

Latka

Wah, take so long to reply. Talking nonsense. Our future pappy. She really learning gahmen style of spinning ridiculous story to the audience.

How to get rid of these dumb asses?

ST Forum

Apr 1, 2011

Competition panel's view of petrol pricing

PUMP petrol is a relatively homogenous product sold by a few companies in Singapore ('Watchdog should monitor pump prices' by Mr Elgar Lee; March 23).

Hence, it is not uncommon for pump petrol prices to move up or down at about the same time, even in a competitive market. As long as the companies set their prices independently, the observation of parallel price movements does not provide sufficient evidence of anti-competitive behaviour.

The Competition Commission of Singapore is monitoring the movement of petrol pump prices and will take action if there is evidence that market players are colluding to fix prices.

Cynthia Chin (Ms)

Senior Assistant Director

Corporate Communications

Competition Commission of Singapore

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

"if there is evidence that market players are colluding to fix prices."

every cartel take turns to rise price, and one rise, the rest will follow with hours.... i wouldnt say that its an evidence but i believe its a STONG SIGN that market players is colluding to fix prices liao...

Edited by Tigershark1976

haha....dun joke ok, the shorter the more difficult to write, im not even mentioning how many rounds upward need to vet before publishing hehe...simply love such politically correct statements. ^_^

"if there is evidence that market players are colluding to fix prices."

every cartel take turns to rise price, and one rise, the rest will follow with hours.... i wouldnt say that its an evidence but i believe its a STONG SIGN that market players is colluding to fix prices liao...

I do know a few people at CCS, and have asked them this before. The problem is that they need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the companies colluded to raise prices together. If one did and the other followed, then there's no collusion so their hands are tied.

I got to admit am kind of disappointed with this reply from CCS, seem like cartel is not recognised in the areas of petrol companies and price is consistantly adjusted with one started and the rest follow with the same adjustment rate. Those who really need a car cannot be royal to their preference but have no choice to seek alternative and cheapest option among the current brands. [smallcry]

I think the qns to ask is:

1. Are they monitoring the way they increase pricing as compared to oil price increases

2. Is there profiteering involved where pricing are higher even though oil price retreated?

3. USD-SGP impact?

Hypersonic

CCS only come down hard on tour bus companies, Fatt Kuey sellers, etc.

When it comes to this. suddenlt they become deaf or blind...or both!

If CCS does the perfect job to remove anyu cartelistic activity in Singapore, they will all be out of jobs.

The Competition Commission of Singapore is monitoring the movement of petrol pump prices and will take action if there is evidence that market players are colluding to fix prices.

I read this and was thinking, looks like decades ago the Operators are alreedy doing that. and CCS is still monitoring ??

These days they blur the lines with reward points, and kiosk discounts and freebies... what to do, my cars need petrol to run...

I got to admit am kind of disappointed with this reply from CCS, seem like cartel is not recognised in the areas of petrol companies and price is consistantly adjusted with one started and the rest follow with the same adjustment rate. Those who really need a car cannot be royal to their preference but have no choice to seek alternative and cheapest option among the current brands. [smallcry]

Look at SIA and other airlines Kena fine for price fixing recently ??

These are really big and difficult cases compared to only HUM, Kotex, SPG, @$$Hole in 1 small island...

Even Freight Logistics companies also kena caught...

This is a sad day again for me...

I do know a few people at CCS, and have asked them this before. The problem is that they need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the companies colluded to raise prices together. If one did and the other followed, then there's no collusion so their hands are tied.

yap, undestand, afterall, those cartel is too big to mess around with.... thats y chiken rice stall & huat kuey manufacturer they dare to take action, but when comes to big boys, they simply say no collusion .... [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

Look at SIA and other airlines Kena fine for price fixing recently ??

These are really big and difficult cases compared to only HUM, Kotex, SPG, @$$Hole in 1 small island...

Even Freight Logistics companies also kena caught...

This is a sad day again for me...

Yeah..SIA Cargo and Singtel all kena fined by the Indo gahmens deep deep...and they still guai guai operate in Indo...

Not all corrupt gahmens are that bad...and not all clean gahmens act in the best interests of the common folk sometimes.. [laugh]

yap, undestand, afterall, those cartel is too big to mess around with.... thats y chiken rice stall & huat kuey manufacturer they dare to take action, but when comes to big boys, they simply say no collusion .... [laugh][laugh]

Who dare to disturb...iirc every 1 dollar is a 40% tax goes to...you knw lah....need I say more

Yeah..SIA Cargo and Singtel all kena fined by the Indo gahmens deep deep...and they still guai guai operate in Indo...

Not all corrupt gahmens are that bad...and not all clean gahmens act in the best interests of the common folk sometimes.. [laugh]

I'm not quite sure about "clean"..... [sly][lipsrsealed]

They should changfe name to Competition Commission Bureau./.....in short

CCB [furious] [furious] [furious] [furious]

CCS only come down hard on tour bus companies, Fatt Kuey sellers, etc.

When it comes to this. suddenlt they become deaf or blind...or both!

They only for show only. Only bully the weak companies. Big players they scare and act blur! :angry:

Hypersonic

Eh... what do you expect? They are appointed by the gahmen. Every litre u pump, abt $0.40 tax + GST goes to them. Why would they come down hard on the cartels?