IS ALFA 159 IS THE SEXIEST CAR??

Panda

I check the onemotoring website and the avg OMV for 159 is 36.7K...the selling price is really very enticing for such a high OMV..

↡ Advertisement

its beautiful to look at. not much issues except for minor stuff. mines manual so no selespeed glitches. engine note is great...its a car which performs better at high revs. keep it above 3.5k to 6k, the alfa engine just sings. the handling is decent but i wun say its fantastic. clutch is stiff and quite heavy. not yr typical everyday car but u'll appreciate it for wat it is. got it for nearly 3 years now.

how much is the OMV?

market perception is that it is not a practical car to own. most alfa lovers are those who tend to throw practicality issues out of the window anyway..Iam warned not to get one by some pple...but can't help myself to get interested in an alfa.. [laugh]

hi Damienic,

if you are concern about practicality but your heart wooing for one, why not try out a 2nd hand Alfa. Then, you will have most of the answer hands on and it wouldn't hurt your pocket too badly should you not like what you get.

[drivingcar]

haha...actually I'm not all that concerned abt practicality..just that after hearing so much of it being solely a emotional choice than a practical choice, tend to think a bit.. [laugh] yeah, no doubt would also consider a 2nd hand.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie
btw, some alfa jokes i came across from car mags, journals etc over the years-

1. Depreciates as fast as it accelerates

2. Supermodel with a rubbish personality

3. Buy first regret later

4. Alfa appeals only to those sentimental about it

5. It's an emotional decision

6. Use your heart, not your head

7. You can't find a resale one, because no one bought a new one in the first place

8. This car is a complete mess.

9. This car is insane, because you must be insane to buy one.

10. My mother has sworn never to buy an Alfa (from this forum!)

any more pls add on. Still wana buy an Alfa?

You left out one very important statement about Alfas:

"No one is ever truly considered a car enthusiast (petrolhead) if he/she has never ever owned an Alfa before.."

if it means anything, this statement was made by JC in top gear and agreed upon by James & Richard...

well... personally based on the driving experience tat an Alfa brings to me (i.e: a person tat belongs to the masses), i would agree with the above statement... if u wanted a car with pedigree/racing heritage, has great looks with an engine tat revs and an engine note akin to music coupled with a fun to drive package, it does not get any cheaper than this.

2.2 with 185.. very low leh

a 2.2 NA with a specific output of 85bhp per litre is good liao.

of course you can't compare with the high revving vtecs.

most NA engines are like 65 to 75bhp per litre.

Why huh...ok lemme attempt. [scholar]

"Alfa Romeos give driving pleasure that seem to be missing from other cars.Every trip in it is fun&never boring."

Let me amend...

"Alfa Romeos give driving pleasure that seem to be missing from other cars. One of Every 100 trip in it is fun but none of them is ever boring."

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Crummytyre

liddat oso can?what about this -

"when i bought my first used house on the resale market , I had mentally bought it before I walked in the door. I saw it from outside it felt right, it felt like mine and I wanted it.I could have walked in and there been broken tiles, sewage pipe leaking and I would still have bought it.

I saw my neighbour alfa, I loved it. I drove it, I loved it more. I decided I had to have one one day soon. Someone could have said...."dude, they are unreliable as hell and breakdown all the time.. oh and you will have to change the radiator every few years, and the tyres every few thousand km etc etc etc" and I would STILL have bought it. I just love it. everything worth having requires work and love to keep it. You see , it's the charm it possess !" [flowerface]