Newbie's experience with the 159

Fella

Neutral Newbie

OK have got clarification.

The standard warranty for Alfa is 3 years 60,000

The 5 years / 100,000 is a "local" adddition to build confidence and as a sales promotion come protection of investment.

If you are the second (or subsequent) owner you still enjoy the standard 3 yr / 60,000 manufaccturer warranty. However you won't get the additional two years, as this follow the first owner.

lol...still does not make sense to me.....but then if the T&C stated clearly then guess that is it. Good info, when I get my ride, will definitely look out for that...:)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I've read abt subsequent owners not informing EA abt the change of ownership. Seriously I dun think they will ask to see your IC to confirm who you are when you need to claim warranty right? Even if they should, does that mean 1st owners CANNOT get your relatives to send in the car on your behalf due to other commitments? [;)]

I've read abt subsequent owners not informing EA abt the change of ownership. Seriously I dun think they will ask to see your IC to confirm who you are when you need to claim warranty right? Even if they should, does that mean 1st owners CANNOT get your relatives to send in the car on your behalf due to other commitments? [;)]

Well when nothing happen, they wont bother.

But when something happen, you can be damned sure they will check on it. [:|][:|]

lol...still does not make sense to me.....but then if the T&C stated clearly then guess that is it. Good info, when I get my ride, will definitely look out for that...:)

It's NOT STATED ANYWHERE in the T&C.

It's a COMPANY POLICY that they do have have to disclose it in Black & White

Well, did they eventually voided ur warranty...??? like they did for mine?? Within a blink, they hv decided my fate.... <_<

on what basis? your mod?

frankly, it's really a love hate relationship with the EA ppl.... :ph34r::ph34r:

on what basis? your mod?

frankly, it's really a love hate relationship with the EA ppl.... :ph34r::ph34r:

you mean u loved them before?

im so excited about next wed... really lookg forward to what they have to say about the errors my Tanya is showing me. [laugh]

you mean u loved them before?

im so excited about next wed... really lookg forward to what they have to say about the errors my Tanya is showing me. [laugh]

i loved them for bringing in Alfa cars.... [inlove]

and hate them for every other things... [rifle]

My servicing and warranthy status are in a myst....

cuz they waived off everything for my last servicing, after me kicking a freaking big fuss...

if i have to do that EVERYTIME, frankly, i'd rather forgo the warranthy & servicing [mad]

Hi Guys/Gals,

Just bought a 2nd hand Alfa 159 2.2.

Trying very hard to learn how to drive the seles speed.

Great drive so far...

Cheers

:D

Hi Guys/Gals,

Great drive so far...

Cheers

Congrats on your new found scandal... [inlove] ...enjoy her when she's good, love her when she's naughty n throwing tantrums... [laugh]

you guys really made me stood up and look at 159.....yes its a beauty. :wub:

1 question ...the wagon version cost much more than the sedan in 2nd hand market??

you guys really made me stood up and look at 159.....yes its a beauty. :wub:

1 question ...the wagon version cost much more than the sedan in 2nd hand market??

SW is 7K more than sedan brand new too

think is the OMV + greed

Hi Guys/Gals,

Great drive so far...

Cheers

Welcome

I did an engineering approach the first few tanks

Manual

Auto

Manual + Sports

Auto + Sports

not much diff FC wise I must say

end up always manual

auto always downshift early for me

v irritating

but auto sounds the best. lol

sports is good for rainy days due to lesser free play (don't need to rev so much to cover up)

Welcome

I did an engineering approach the first few tanks

Manual

Auto

Manual + Sports

Auto + Sports

not much diff FC wise I must say

end up always manual

auto always downshift early for me

v irritating

but auto sounds the best. lol

sports is good for rainy days due to lesser free play (don't need to rev so much to cover up)

Not the most efficient way to shift gears, but wat the heck, feels humanlike n really natural

Not the most efficient way to shift gears, but wat the heck, feels humanlike n really natural

so its best driven in manual but it shifts like a one albeit without left foot intervention

[;)]

but is it smooth enough like we diy with our disengaging with left foot? [confused]

so its best driven in manual but it shifts like a one albeit without left foot intervention

[;)]

but is it smooth enough like we diy with our disengaging with left foot? [confused]

You know what

yesterday my gear change was mostly smooth

i think my Bella is coming down with something [laugh]

↡ Advertisement