MALAYSIA PETROL PRICE INCREASE AGAIN

I am just puzzled the way people stoop so low just to save $$.. we singaporeans already KPKB when the FT come in here take our jobs, ride on our medical subsidy.. likewise how would the msian's feel.. when we go there take their petrol subsidies.. of course u can argue we go there and create much more spending .. at spas etc.. haha

Good day to you! :)

I do understand where you are coming from when you are drawing the example about the FT. However, there is a reasonably stark difference to be drawn from your comparison.

For folks, such as myself, who like to periodically run up north to enjoy a meal, some shopping and the cheaper petrol, it is more of taking advantage of the differences in currency exchanges between Singapore and Malaysia than to vie for resources, compensation and even jobs from the locals. Furthermore, the distance that we travel to do it could be akin to how Englanders travel south to France, or north to Scotland - and does not require us to take an 8-hour flight and stay there permanently.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

↡ Advertisement

Good day to you! :)

I do understand where you are coming from when you are drawing the example about the FT. However, there is a reasonably stark difference to be drawn from your comparison.

For folks, such as myself, who like to periodically run up north to enjoy a meal, some shopping and the cheaper petrol, it is more of taking advantage of the differences in currency exchanges between Singapore and Malaysia than to vie for resources, compensation and even jobs from the locals. Furthermore, the distance that we travel to do it could be akin to how Englanders travel south to France, or north to Scotland - and does not require us to take an 8-hour flight and stay there permanently.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

Bro, the arguement is why i belitte our friend who went to the extend of such "creative means" for the sake of savings 1RM/ litre and disregard the msian law and pump RON95. There is nothing against going to Msia to eat and take advantage of the forex gain :) In fact, i trust a lot of us including myself enjoy goin there and make full use of our hard earned $$ in singapore.. Who knoes if these "black sheeps"might indirectly cause us more problems in future .. and Msian govt restrict SG car to only pump VPOWER ... end of the day.. like the army saying.. can do but dont get caught .. most importantly do it discreetly ..

Bro, the arguement is why i belitte our friend who went to the extend of such "creative means" for the sake of savings 1RM/ litre and disregard the msian law and pump RON95. There is nothing against going to Msia to eat and take advantage of the forex gain :) In fact, i trust a lot of us including myself enjoy goin there and make full use of our hard earned $$ in singapore.. Who knoes if these "black sheeps"might indirectly cause us more problems in future .. and Msian govt restrict SG car to only pump VPOWER ... end of the day.. like the army saying.. can do but dont get caught .. most importantly do it discreetly ..

Agreed... Went to JB to pump petrol yesterday and heard one Singapore driver "po lo so" the attendant to let him pump RON95.. Guess wat vehicle he driving.. MERCEDES !!!!!!!!! Mai Sia Suay lei [thumbsdown] !!

Agree.. Really look down on those drivers who go to JB just

to fill up petrol.

no.........nothing wrong with that.

Its pumping 95 that should be frowning on.

The evil pothole is back... Just after you come out of Malaysian Immigration towards Singapore on the left corner before the up ramp...

Seems like a lot of saints here, dont tell me never buy cigs, DVD from Msia hor. Thats stealing too..tax for SG hor.

i didn't.

i don't smoke.

and i buy only originals.

to me, the difference is negligible.

Agreed... Went to JB to pump petrol yesterday and heard one Singapore driver "po lo so" the attendant to let him pump RON95.. Guess wat vehicle he driving.. MERCEDES !!!!!!!!! Mai Sia Suay lei [thumbsdown] !!

lol, thats why he can afford a Merc and you don't!

Neutral Newbie

It's about survival skill, save every corner you can. Just to share how much saving I can get for shopping my baby's milk powder beside pumping petrol there. S26 -stage 3 ( 700 gm) is selling at sin$22.00 here. In Malaysia Giant at offer price Rin$22.00. S26 is produce in Singapore only, Why cross the country becomes cheaper ?. Enfalac 1,8 kg sin$75, Malaysia rin$108. Everyone goes there for a purpose. Why talk big about looking down on those who pump petrol there.

Neutral Newbie

Agree.. Really look down on those drivers who go to JB just

to fill up petrol.

What's wrong with that? The ultimate point is to go in for cheap petrol. The rest is secondary.

What's wrong with that? The ultimate point is to go in for cheap petrol. The rest is secondary.

good food at cheaper price is equally important.... [:)]

btw, the black hole is still around. Take care.

Neutral Newbie

Personally i don't find its worthwhile pumping petrol in sg unless ur earning big bucks! Price per litre will go up day by day.Pumping in jb is a good alternative for me as im working in the west but living in the east though.Even if malaysian petrol cost rise up,it's still cheaper then pumping here.I dont see why we were looked dwn when in actual fact i saw sg luxury cars pumping there as well!

Jam is the main reason on y to some they dont find it worthwhile but you dont have to go in while the jam is on right?choose a good timing.check the traffic 1st before u decide to go..to each his own actually.Everyone would love a good bargain..

The hole is back??? gotta siam that lane man!

Many people in Spore just are not suited to own cars.

When you see delivery men having a van and a 2nd hand car, when you see taxi drivers owning taxis but still have sedans, that means the cars in Spore are still too cheap. COE at $80,000 is good because these people cant buy expensive new cars. But we still need to wait for $80,000 COE to be consistently brought forward to year 2015-2016. Thats when all these poor fellows will have to scape their cheap COE cars and they cant buy new cars with high COE.

Horray!

actually... if you are 3/4 tank going in... the savings u get ain't much.... but when u go in with almost empty tank... roughly can save up to 20 dollars per tank... and im comparing with Singapore 92 fuel after deduction of all the credit card discounts....

looking on the bright side... ur actually pumping better petrol.... and saving 20 bucks MINIMUM.... besides people who go there to pump petrol... the cinemas, food and car wash are cheaper....

ive got friends who have been caught before...for going in with an empty tank and paid the fine of 500... but looking at another angle... he has gone in so many times that even paying the fine of 500.... he still have excess in the savings...

Wanna pump there better do it now. Contractor is laying TnG wires now. Guess they are charging SG cars RM9.20x2 (up from RM2.90x1) soon...

↡ Advertisement