Where to buy cigars in Singapore?

Dh15

Supercharged

You can buy them from all your usual cigar retailers in town.

Eg. LaCasa at Regent, Oaks at greatworld, ConDivan at UE square, Davidoff at taka and hyatt, etc etc...

My recommendations retail for about $30 to $35 a stick.

Ps. And plse Dont waste your time and money on a Monte Cristo No.4 (only people who dont know their stuff recommend that = most shop assistants)

I frequent The Connoisseur Divan at UE Square when I want my cigar fix.

Always go for Davidoff 2000 or the Monte Cristo 520 as I am not a lover of full bodied cigars.

I tried the No.4 and I think it's a good buy (less than $30?) for starters and casual smoking (short enough to not be overbearing i.e. jelat)

Always go for Davidoff 2000 or the Monte Cristo 520 as I am not a lover of full bodied cigars.

I tried the No.4 and I think it's a good buy (less than $30?) for starters and casual smoking (short enough to not be overbearing i.e. jelat)

While a good cigar is often priced accordingly, the true insider knows never to judge a cigar simply by its price.

Try the San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe. Its a minuto format which is even smaller than the Monte4 petite corona size. However, it is more flavorful and aromatic with a very clean and short finish.

Probably even cheaper but definitely better tasting all round.

Supercharged

While a good cigar is often priced accordingly, the true insider knows never to judge a cigar simply by its price.

Try the San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe. Its a minuto format which is even smaller than the Monte4 petite corona size. However, it is more flavorful and aromatic with a very clean and short finish.

Probably even cheaper but definitely better tasting all round.

I agree that a good cigar cannot be judged by it's price. But for first timers, more often than not, price can be a very big deal breaker.

I'm not a true connoisseur of cigars which is why I also hesitate to try the numerous selections of Bolivian and Cubans available at the shops. I'll keep your recommendation in mind the next time I make my cigar purchase.

By the way, do you chew on your cigars? [laugh]

I agree that a good cigar cannot be judged by it's price. But for first timers, more often than not, price can be a very big deal breaker.

I'm not a true connoisseur of cigars which is why I also hesitate to try the numerous selections of Bolivian and Cubans available at the shops. I'll keep your recommendation in mind the next time I make my cigar purchase.

By the way, do you chew on your cigars? [laugh]

Those recommendations are good value for taste, flavor and enjoyment, for a starter.

I believe that for cigars, one must be prepared for a certain price range. Otherwise an alternative is to choose a smaller format which i hv also recommended.

As tastes and preferences vary, what i may like may not be what someone else likes so, its good to try at least several sticks of the smae cigar before coming to any sort of decision.

No, i dont chew on my cigars but i do hold them with my teeth, especially when my hands are busy, like washing the car, playing Ipad...etc

• Praise 1

Those recommendations are good value for taste, flavor and enjoyment, for a starter.

I believe that for cigars, one must be prepared for a certain price range. Otherwise an alternative is to choose a smaller format which i hv also recommended.

As tastes and preferences vary, what i may like may not be what someone else likes so, its good to try at least several sticks of the smae cigar before coming to any sort of decision.

No, i dont chew on my cigars but i do hold them with my teeth, especially when my hands are busy, like washing the car, playing Ipad...etc

T2..seriously I would like know how to smoke a cigar in general...so that i can try it out and not laugh at by my peers...

does it goes down well with wine?

(edited)

T2..seriously I would like know how to smoke a cigar in general...so that i can try it out and not laugh at by my peers...

It's fine with wine but dont fall into the position of having very good wine with very good cigar.

Then which are you truly tasting? The very good cigar or the very good wine.

My preferences for drinks with cigars are coffee liquer, fruit brandy, hazel nut or almond liquer, horlicks, soyabean milk, sparkling water, milo, coffee, fruit juices etc...

They complement or help to cleanse the palette requiring no effort whatsoever thereby leaving you the opportunity to truly enjoy the cigar.

Its easy to try, just buy a cigar, check out youtube or google how to cut light and smoke.

Enjoy the slow pace it takes you and the taste and aromas. Goodluck and hv fun

Edited by Throttle2

It's fine with wine but dont fall into the position of having very good wine with very good cigar.

Then which are you truly tasting? The very good cigar or the very good wine.

My preferences for drinks with cigars are coffee liquer, fruit brandy, hazel nut or almond liquer, horlicks, soyabean milk, sparkling water, milo, coffee, fruit juices etc...

They complement or help to cleanse the palette requiring no effort whatsoever thereby leaving you the opportunity to truly enjoy the cigar.

Its easy to try, just buy a cigar, check out youtube or google how to cut light and smoke.

Enjoy the slow pace it takes you and the taste and aromas. Goodluck and hv fun

Thanks again

try out cohiba cigars. i just love them but a little pricey.

also, can try romeo y julieta cigars, they are good as well.

i have tried villiger cigars, cheaper and not that bad either.

(edited)

try out cohiba cigars. i just love them but a little pricey.

also, can try romeo y julieta cigars, they are good as well.

i have tried villiger cigars, cheaper and not that bad either.

Cohiba is good but way over hyped and overpriced due to branding and status.

I only smoke siglo 2, siglo 6, robusto, maduros and behike range from Cohiba.

RyJ, i recommend, exhibicion no.4, and belicoso finos.

Villager, forget it.

I just pick from my small stash. Easy

17 humidors of premium cigars, yummy!

post-29925-0-49427600-1402492318_thumb.jpg

post-29925-0-35306100-1402492480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Wooohoooo!

17 humidors?! ONLY 17?! Looks more than that man!

Is it expensive to build a humidor in our own home, especially here in Singapore?

To the TS,

I usually buy from http://www.lacasadelhabano-knokke.be.

Quite good service. Send them an email and tell them what you want!

Personally i like Upmann Magnum 46, and royal robustos.

My usual go to cigars..

Cohibas i like Siglo 6 and robustos, Siglo 6 takes a little too long though, must have time.

I find Partagas a little strong for me..

Short smokes i like Bolivar coronas Junior, siglo 2

Upmann Petit Coronas i bought a box at airport but didn't like it, so i give this cigar to people who cant really tell!! LOL

Is it expensive to build a humidor in our own home, especially here in Singapore?

T2 is the cigar king..

Can tell you like the very light tasting one..

Cheap wine will be good. I cant taste the wine after i smoke.. no point..

Try Ron Zacapa XO.. not expensive from duty free.. $130 only

excellent with cigars

• Praise 1

Supercharged

To the TS,

I usually buy from http://www.lacasadelhabano-knokke.be.

Quite good service. Send them an email and tell them what you want!

Personally i like Upmann Magnum 46, and royal robustos.

My usual go to cigars..

Cohibas i like Siglo 6 and robustos, Siglo 6 takes a little too long though, must have time.

I find Partagas a little strong for me..

Short smokes i like Bolivar coronas Junior, siglo 2

Upmann Petit Coronas i bought a box at airport but didn't like it, so i give this cigar to people who cant really tell!! LOL

T2 is the cigar king..

Can tell you like the very light tasting one..

Cheap wine will be good. I cant taste the wine after i smoke.. no point..

Try Ron Zacapa XO.. not expensive from duty free.. $130 only

excellent with cigars

Ya bro. I cigarette smoker and because I seldom have the time to really sit down and go through one churchill in relaxed mode.

I do like my cigars with Hibiki, Lagavulin or Laphroaig. They really do complement each other.

never seen so many ciigar

You'll be surprised, many folks hv more than me.

At my peak i only had about 1300 cigars?

I know siao kows who hv easily a few thousand cigars, can open shop already, wahahaha.

Yeap only 17 humidors but many many boxes

I dont hv a walk in humidor at home. But i dont think its that expensive to build one.

Just aircon and humidity control. Electric bill expensive loh, haha