Temasek review petition to field the kiddo? Omg

ODC

Makes perfect sense but this is ah kong's kia su style.

My opinion is that they shud do away wif GRC concept. It's for losers to ride on the coat tail into parliament.

My opinion is that they shud do away wif GRC concept. It's for losers to ride on the coat tail into parliament.

uniquely sg! [shakehead]

At least some one wrote to ST forum on this too.

The word is sneak in.

ST Forum

Apr 5, 2011

GEN Y IN GE 2011

Wrong to let young candidate sneak in

WHILE I fully support the self-renewal concept of the People's Action Party (PAP), I was taken aback by some of the candidates it is fielding for the upcoming general election.

Although those like ex-army chief Chan Chun Sing and former Monetary Authority of Singapore managing director Heng Swee Keat have proven themselves in their respective professions and are clearly excellent candidates who can hold their own, the same cannot be said for some of the others.

The PAP leadership may think that the criticism levelled against its youngest new candidate, Ms Tin Pei Ling, 27, is unfair. Indeed, some of the remarks were uncalled for. But we need to dig deeper to understand why many Singaporeans are criticising her candidacy.

Ms Tin could not rebut criticism on her own and had to be defended repeatedly by Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong and several other heavyweight ministers and MPs.

If she is as good as the party leadership says she is, she should perhaps be fielded in a single-member constituency.

If she can hold her own against an unknown opposition candidate in a straight fight, she will gain the respect of all Singaporeans.

If young Singaporeans do indeed desire such a young and inexperienced candidate as Ms Tin to represent them in Parliament, she should be able to defeat an older and equally inexperienced opposition candidate.

For Ms Tin to sneak into Parliament on the shoulders of Mr Goh or any other heavyweight minister would make a mockery of the parliamentary system the PAP has constructed.

Tan Siong Kuan

Supercharged

I think they will remove her fat hubby from the private secretary job.

Those who r available, can start to apply

Have anyone in their years of existence for even once ever hear Papaya say even once that they were wrong? I have never. So even if every Citizens thinks TPL is wrong choice, papaya will never ever admit, as they have for so many years portrait themselves the image that they can do no wrong, they are the best, and every decision they ever made is the best for Spore. They are simply too proud to admit. So any petition is useless in Spore.

Turbocharged

Have anyone in their years of existence for even once ever hear Papaya say even once that they were wrong? I have never. So even if every Citizens thinks TPL is wrong choice, papaya will never ever admit, as they have for so many years portrait PORTRAYED themselves the image that they can do no wrong, they are the best, and every decision they ever made is the best for Spore. They are simply too proud to admit. So any petition is useless in Spore.

Hee...somehow I don''t imagine GCT or LHL painting pictures of themselves. [:p]

(edited)

Have anyone in their years of existence for even once ever hear Papaya say even once that they were wrong? I have never. So even if every Citizens thinks TPL is wrong choice, papaya will never ever admit, as they have for so many years portrait themselves the image that they can do no wrong, they are the best, and every decision they ever made is the best for Spore. They are simply too proud to admit. So any petition is useless in Spore.

I assure you, they will not put her in a SMC as Anchor MPs draws the strong support from the ground in a GRC.

The inexperienced MPs in GRC are just clerks doing the menial tasks and $15k/mth allowance. I also want...

Edited by Tigerwoods

Hee...somehow I don''t imagine GCT or LHL painting pictures of themselves. [:p]

hahaha... what can I say ? After so many years of England Education, yet we still cannot type/speak in proper England...

Don't worry too much lah. The incumbent is experiencing a gradual erosion of support.

Why? i don't know but they have their own analysts and statisticians to churn out report.

No need to worry for them.

Anyway, the star players are ageing and there are fewer heavy weights that can anchor a GRC convincingly.

Even those seniors, (ministers) e.g. Lim Hng Kiang, MBT, u think they got as much respect as Tony Tan, Jayakumar

at their age?

Elites will take calculated risks accordingly, but a human brain can only foresee a few steps ahead,

u think old man as good as Kasparov in chess? think again.

ultimately u reap what u sow.

I think they will remove her fat hubby from the private secretary job.

Those who r available, can start to apply

You are confused. The fatty did not become her husband. Her husband, the PPS, is not fat at all.

"For example, during a media interview immediately following her introduction as a PAP candidate, when asked by a reporter what her greatest regret was, she said her greatest regret thus far was not being able to bring her parents to the Universal Studio."

Wow, really? Then my greatest regret in life is not having breakfast with Ah Meng when she was still alive. So now do I qualify to be PAP candidate?

Turbocharged

"For example, during a media interview immediately following her introduction as a PAP candidate, when asked by a reporter what her greatest regret was, she said her greatest regret thus far was not being able to bring her parents to the Universal Studio."

Wow, really? Then my greatest regret in life is not having breakfast with Ah Meng when she was still alive. So now do I qualify to be PAP candidate?

Aiyoh...

Dun be like that can? She is only 27. If you haven't done anything yet, how to have any regrets? And it's so sweet and nice that she wants to take parents to Universal Studios...she is a good and dutiful daughter what.

Can orso be velly velly sure that she will be very odidient when it comes to doing what she is told by the senior PAPPIES....she will follow orders as though given by her PAPA

Turbocharged

i don't know what to say *stomp feet*

i hope she does this in the parliament when speaking up for the people.

Anything she says in Parliament will be very carefully orchestrated, approved and rehearsed. And she would not face any sort of interjections. Can be sure that everything would be very respectful of her "experience" andd that she has something worthwhile to say. (more like she would be used to raise issues that the more seniors are too scared to raise)

Aiyoh...

Dun be like that can? She is only 27. If you haven't done anything yet, how to have any regrets? And it's so sweet and nice that she wants to take parents to Universal Studios...she is a good and dutiful daughter what.

Can orso be velly velly sure that she will be very odidient when it comes to doing what she is told by the senior PAPPIES....she will follow orders as though given by her PAPA

Sorry hor ...When I'm 27 I don't give such shallow replies.

Frankly this reply shows how much of a thinker she is. We need critical thinkers in this job or any job.

If you are interviewing a Job seeker and she replied this answer, do you think she can get the job of HOD ??

Turbocharged

Sorry hor ...When I'm 27 I don't give such shallow replies.

Frankly this reply shows how much of a thinker she is. We need critical thinkers in this job or any job.

If you are interviewing a Job seeker and she replied this answer, do you think she can get the job of HOD ??

is her parents still alive?? if they are still alive, then its shallow.

if one or both are not around, then its a genuine regrets.

↡ Advertisement