Do you claim mileage for company business?

Quantum

Do you claim mileage  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you claim mileage

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionly

Can't claim mileage.

lump sum monthly allowance for tpt and OT, except carpark & ERP

Fortunately, my company switch to lump sum allowance. What that is left over after deducting petrol goes toward my car servicing and cashcard top up.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

my company also $0.60/km but I don't bother to claim because the claim is taxable. [thumbsdown]

after tax may left about $0.40??

Max personal income tax is 20% .

So even if you are already at the max tax bracket , out of the $0.60 claimed , $0.12 goes to the taxman , you still pocket $0.48 .

Better than nothing la.

Unless you are the boss of your own company , then don't claim la . Let your company make more profit , and let the taxman take 17% corporate tax ; instead of 20% your personal tax.

My company is submit petrol receipt, coupon receipt and cash card top-up receipt. They close one eye on personal use lah. Plus got transport allowance also every month. So I guess not too bad?

my company also $0.60/km but I don't bother to claim because the claim is taxable. [thumbsdown]

after tax may left about $0.40??

Your mileage claim is taxable? You mean your company pay you back in your payroll?

If the car is > $100k, the driver is subsidizing the company. [shakehead]

my immediate boss driving BMW523, he told me that he shames to claim mileage,

does he hint me not to claim?

I have not come across any company that are insistent that their employees claims mileage or transportation.

My 2 cents on your instance - your company budget looks good because your boss budget looks good. The only budget does not look good is your budget.

I am weird, so please don't learn from me ! I claim mileage but not carpark and ERP, provided the mileage can cover carpark and ERP. I do this because I do not want to hassle to keep the carpark receipts. Unfortunately, the FIN in my organisation makes it difficult for me to do so.

Edited by Kklee

I used to work for china company, 70 cents,

now US company 60 cents...

Used to have transport allowance, which is taxable and count as your salary package, not worth it, and you will scrimp and save on parking and driving.

Now salary is as high without transport allowance, meaning i get full salary and I can claim, so transport allowance is a way the company "eats you".

Cannot claim @ all. Cause not doing sales. Only occasionally go out but advantage is that once I am out then I do not return to office even if within working hours ha still not so bad.

for all you don't know, he may be getting a fat monthly fixed car allowance.

He talk cxck and talk big only.

Edited by Kangadrool

I would rather claim for lump sum $1000 as to claim per km which need to travel 2000km on offical duty at $0.50 to match lump sum.

How to travel 2000km in a month which is 100km per day where home to office, office to home is not claimable?

Neutral Newbie

I would rather claim for lump sum $1000 as to claim per km which need to travel 2000km on offical duty at $0.50 to match lump sum.

How to travel 2000km in a month which is 100km per day where home to office, office to home is not claimable?

It depends which industry you are working.

My mileage per month can easily clock over 6000KM due to frequent travel from Singapore to Malaysia (Johor, KL and even Penang) for meeting and working at Malaysian customer site.

6000KM x 60 cents = $3600 per month for my transport claim on average not inclusive of parking and toll fees.

For Singapore travel, take taxi is still best.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement