Mazda Biante MPV

Swifter78

Just checked out this mpv. Really humongous space for a 2L car, to draw something prarllel would be Toyota Picnic of yester years.

Quality cant be faulty as is of typical japanese standard. And feature list really as long as Jurong. Besides lack of sun/moon roof option, everything that i want are there as stock - leather-wrap steering wheel &gear knob, reverse camera, xenon headlap, fog-lights, spare tyre (forgot if full-size), keyless entry/engine start, the list goes on and on.

Flexibility is even more astounding. Both the 2nd and 3rd row seats can slide across the bottom rails, and also reclining. The 2nd row seat can split into 2 arm chairs to create a walk-thru isle for easy 3rd row seat access orcombine to allow 3 adults to sit comfortably. The 3rd row seat is actually thicker than the 2nd row seat, unlike those mid-size mpv. Having ottoman seats would be nice but that is really not useful as it seems.

Price wise, now with existing stock, is only $158xxx for immediate delivery! But only got black and white colours.

Those who are thinking of getting a full-size mpv should really make the effort to check it out to satisfy yourself that you have exercised due diligence when making that close to 200k decision. This is to prevent yourself from regretting later or being blame when you see one in the flesh and knowing the price tag haha.

↡ Advertisement

Only 158k?? Dam cheap man [laugh] [laugh]

Yes, is only $158k! [bounce1] You must see the price in current context, is the cheapest FULL-size mpv around now, not 10 years ago.

This info is more for fellow mcfers with the money just waiting to buy, with an alternative choice. Do not comment is expensive, as they are prepared to shell out $200k for something similar. To then, this is cheap man!

Turbocharged

Yes, is only $158k! [bounce1] You must see the price in current context, is the cheapest FULL-size mpv around now, not 10 years ago.

This info is more for fellow mcfers with the money just waiting to buy, with an alternative choice. Do not comment is expensive, as they are prepared to shell out $200k for something similar. To then, this is cheap man!

Buy/price from where huh? My bil looking for MPV... His current altis cannot fit his 4 growing child anymore...

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Only 158k?? Dam cheap man [laugh] [laugh]

Cheap? The OMV onli ard $20k hor. Add a $80k COE, their $$ markup is approx $30k......

• Praise 1

Cheap? The OMV onli ard $20k hor. Add a $80k COE, their $$ markup is approx $30k......

Think we dont buy car base on omv, but considerations from many angles. Perhaps someone could go see this car and let me know if it is worth $160k haha. I cannot stop a AD from underclaring omv, if that is what you are concern about.

Supersonic

Think we dont buy car base on omv, but considerations from many angles. Perhaps someone could go see this car and let me know if it is worth $160k haha. I cannot stop a AD from underclaring omv, if that is what you are concern about.

Wah.....OMV vs selling price not important to u? $30k markup for a jap car ok w u? Even MB's markup is lower than that. Anyway, markup aside, the biante is pretty low spec.

Wah.....OMV vs selling price not important to u? $30k markup for a jap car ok w u? Even MB's markup is lower than that. Anyway, markup aside, the biante is pretty low spec.

To be truthful, i really do not really care about omv when i buying new cars as it is something out of my control haha. Generally it could be lower but dont think not that very much against similar models. When i sell my cars, i also negotiate base on market rate. i will not buy another car just because its agent earn 5k lesser from the deal.

And please look at the spec list of the car before putting out comments that it is low spec. I am very kind, let the truth speak for itself. Why not you list down the details and see for yourself?

Supersonic

To be truthful, i really do not really care about omv when i buying new cars as it is something out of my control haha. Generally it could be lower but dont think not that very much against similar models. When i sell my cars, i also negotiate base on market rate. i will not buy another car just because its agent earn 5k lesser from the deal.

And please look at the spec list of the car before putting out comments that it is low spec. I am very kind, let the truth speak for itself. Why not you list down the details and see for yourself?

Not interested in the biante enuf to bother listing anything. Anyway, u sibei happy buying it can liao. It's 2014 liao, I wouldn't even consider anything w 2 airbags n not NCAP 5-star rated. Manual seats? 194Nm from a 2.0L? That's low spec to me.

• Praise 2

Not interested in the biante enuf to bother listing anything. Anyway, u sibei happy buying it can liao. It's 2014 liao, I wouldn't even consider anything w 2 airbags n not NCAP 5-star rated. Manual seats? 194Nm from a 2.0L? That's low spec to me.

Your first sentence speaks everything already. Not my loss.

It is true we are in 2014, so please google abit to get your facts right before shooting!

Airbags: default comes with 2 front airbag. But the jpanese website got the SRS airbag option that provides side and curtain airbags at 90,000yen. Not sure if can indent in Singapore though but not a deal breaker to me.

NCAP: this is pretty stupid. If the car is not going to be sold in USA/Europe now, would you spend money to have NCAP certification?

Manual seat: Not a deal breaker as I am grateful my hands are good enough to do some level pushing/pressing and knobs turning when occasion call for it. Rare as it is.

And lastly about the 194Nm from a 2L engine, I let the figures speak for itself:

Nissan Teana 2.0 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,997 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line DOHC Compression ratio 10 Bore x Stroke (84.0 x 90.1) mm Performance Power 136 bhp Torque 190 Nm Acceleration 12.1s (0-100 km/h)

Nissan Serena 2.0 S (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,997 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line DOHC Compression ratio 11.2 Bore x Stroke (84.0 x 90.1) mm Performance Power 146 bhp Torque 207 Nm

Honda Accord 2013 2.0 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,997 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line SOHC i-VTEC Compression ratio 10.6 Bore x Stroke (81.0 x 96.9) mm Performance Power 153 bhp Torque 190 Nm

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Elegance (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,986 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line DOHC Compression ratio 10.5 Bore x Stroke (80.5 x 97.6) mm Performance Power 151 bhp Torque 193 Nm

Toyota Camry 2.0 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,998 cc Engine type 4-cylinders in-line DOHC VVT-i Compression ratio unknown Bore x Stroke unknown Performance Power 148 bhp Torque 190 Nm

Toyota RAV4 2.0 Elegance (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,987 cc Engine type 4-cylinders in-line DOHC with Valvematic & Dual VVT-I Compression ratio 10 Bore x Stroke (80.5 x 97.6) mm Performance Power 151 bhp Torque 195 Nm

Mazda Biante 2.0 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 1,998 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line DOHC SKYACTIV-G Compression ratio 12 Bore x Stroke (83.5 x 91.2) mm Performance Power 149 bhp Torque 190 Nm

The above are some of the famous or more popular 2L NA cars. Is Biante comparable to these 2L NA engines? Please swallow your pride and have some integrity to admit you never know your stuff or just living in another planet. Or maybe the few extra Nm can do wonder to make you feel the car is of hi-spec instead of lo-spec? I don't know. Of course 2L turbo cars have higher spec but it does not mean the NA engines are of lo-spec.

Even other full-size mpv with bigger engines do not fare much better:

Honda Odyssey 2014 2.4 EX-S (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 2,356 cc Engine type 4-cylinder in-line DOHC i-VTEC Compression ratio 10.1 Bore x Stroke (87 x 99.1) mm Performance Power 174 bhp Torque 225 Nm

Mazda 8 2.3 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 2,260 cc Engine type 4-cylinders in-line 16-valves DOHC Compression ratio 9.7 Bore x Stroke (87.5 x 94.0) mm Performance Power 163 bhp Torque 203 Nm

Toyota Alphard 2.4 (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 2,362 cc Engine type 4-cylinders in-line DOHC VVT-i Compression ratio 9.8 Bore x Stroke (88.5 x 96.0) mm Performance Power 170 bhp Torque 224 Nm

Toyota Previa 2.4 7-Seater (A) spacer.gif Engine Engine capacity 2,362 cc Engine type 4-cylinder 16-valves DOHC VVT-i Compression ratio unknown Bore x Stroke unknown Performance Power 168 bhp Torque 224 Nm

Or perhaps you are too obsessed with turbo diesel cars that you have mixed up all the norms.

I know that this car is too lousy for you. I do not enjoy doing this rebuttal but I think it is only right to debunk the wrong. Please just turn away and focus on the Odyssey and Alphard and Galaxy etc etc. No problem with me. If you are too atas for this car, please just ignore it. Just do not try to trash it like what you have done!

Supersonic

Ok, for me, as I am obsessed with being against profiteering. My personal limit for sellers net profit, is <100% of the omv.

Once it hits 3 fig % point of net profit in based on omv, the taste in my mouth is very bitter. Though I must say like to like the looks of the new Skyactive series.

Just mo, no offence to ne1.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was quite keen until I saw 2 airbags in the specs.

MPV with 2 air bags in this day and age is quite out of point.

• Praise 1

Ok, for me, as I am obsessed with being against profiteering. My personal limit for sellers net profit, is <100% of the omv.

Once it hits 3 fig % point of net profit in based on omv, the taste in my mouth is very bitter. Though I must say like to like the looks of the new Skyactive series.

Mmmmm.....this is a very good way to convince urself not to change car. :-)

I was quite keen until I saw 2 airbags in the specs.

MPV with 2 air bags in this day and age is quite out of point.

As i have mentioned, there is a SRS Airbag factory option. Not sure if available for Singapore market though. I am sorry i not Mazda SE, cant help you with this.

Just used the latest car cost statistics published by LTA to see for myself the profiteering situation in Singapore based on your omv criteria.

Results indicated that out of 171 car models, you can only consider 17 models based on your stringent moral compass. Sorento and Alphard would be the only MPV you can choose. You will feel bitter choosing any other car model.

If only we have more of people with such tough moral principles, I am sure the AD will have no choice but to lower the actual car pieces. Let us look forward to that day. Cheers.

Car_Cost_Update.xls

Edited by Heartlander

Turbocharged

As i have mentioned, there is a SRS Airbag factory option. Not sure if available for Singapore market though. I am sorry i not Mazda SE, cant help you with this.

I called sometime back and was told not possible.

Supersonic

Just used the latest car cost statistics published by LTA to see for myself the profiteering situation in Singapore based on your omv criteria.

Results indicated that out of 171 car models, you can only consider 17 models based on your stringent moral compass. Sorento and Alphard would be the only MPV you can choose. You will feel bitter choosing any other car model.

If only we have more of people with such tough moral principles, I am sure the AD will have no choice but to lower the actual car pieces. Let us look forward to that day. Cheers.

I believe the ADs are also well aware of the purchasing prowess of those still in the brand new car market & hence adjust accdly.

On maz5, I would think that though air bag only 2, but Maz tend to build the sturdiness of their vehicles somewhat closer to angmo car style.

That may "offset" the lesser number of airbags, imo. Frankly, iwt my best bet will only to be in the PQP market.

On the MPV topic (PQP), I will prob go for Gen 1 Wish since the discussion here is on CAT B............For myself, my best bet for a PQP mpv would be Honda Freed. [:p]

↡ Advertisement