Mazda Biante MPV

Swifter78

altis i tink donch have....... [lipsrsealed]

lol. it's ok. never felt like i've needed it. well will keep a look out for it in the next car.

↡ Advertisement

Airbags all around means all occupants must belt up. Otherwise, airbags may kill you. I see many many rear occupants not belting up in Singapore.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Airbags all around means all occupants must belt up. Otherwise, airbags may kill you. I see many many rear occupants not belting up in Singapore.

curtain airbag prevents passengers' heads from hitting the windows in a crash

it won't kill unbelted rear passengers for goodness sake

New previa comes with 7 airbags

I just couldn't accept that borneo priced it $10k higher than the odyssey

Previa has 7 airbags? Not so sure but I am sure estima has only 2 and I think the estima looks better than the previa.

But I also remember when I test drove the Peugeot 308sw quite some time ago, the SE showed me a button which can de-activate the airbag if we are placing the child seat in front. Does it means that even we pay for additional airbags, it's not practical for child placed on car seats?

Previa has 7 airbags? Not so sure but I am sure estima has only 2 and I think the estima looks better than the previa.

But I also remember when I test drove the Peugeot 308sw quite some time ago, the SE showed me a button which can de-activate the airbag if we are placing the child seat in front. Does it means that even we pay for additional airbags, it's not practical for child placed on car seats?

The manual guide might indicate the airbag should be off if there is a kid sitting in front. I remember reading this in a VW manual.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Frontal air bags are mostly installed in the front seats and are not suitable for kids.

So whether if you buy a car with 2 air bags or 6 or 8 airbags, still not suitable for kids to be seated in front. Unless you can deactivate it.

The extra airbags (>2) usually refer to the side/ curtain airbags. These are helpful because in an accident, a passenger's head may be swung against the window, the curtain airbag deploys to present a softer surface and absorbs the impact.

So for what's its worth, most kids and child seats are placed in the backseat of a sedan or 2nd row of an mpv.

But as an earlier post (http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2661786-mazda-biante-mpv/?p=5118480) seems to suggest the Biante is designed specifically such that any additional side/ curtain air bags are unnecessary but I'd advise you to get Mazda to put that in writing.

And on that note maybe the Mazda 8 is a very unsafe ride since it needs to use more airbags than the Biante.

Edited by Sabian

But as an earlier post (http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2661786-mazda-biante-mpv/?p=5118480) seems to suggest the Biante is designed specifically such that any additional side/ curtain air bags are unnecessary but I'd advise you to get Mazda to put that in writing.

And on that note maybe the Mazda 8 is a very unsafe ride since it needs to use more airbags than the Biante.

Another untruth to be rebuked.

Do you know the difference between good enough and over-providing? It is like do we really need a 8-core CPU in handphone or is quad-core good enough? Alot of things are really market driven. A product that is not conforming to what the consumers think is up to standard will not move. Again, you think Japanese will make unsafe products to save penny? My point is, if it comes with it, very good. If not, then still ok as I am confident in the Japanese way of making things.

Actually talk so much also no use. Those who want to buy, will buy. Those who do not want to buy, will still not buy using any stupid excuses they can think. I am just not happy with untruths being wielded like gospel truths. You can always keep your opinion to yourself. No hard feelings.

Edited by Heartlander

And hopefully those who buy cars base on omv will not be caught with pants down buying one with excessive profit margins like MB, BMW, etc. That would be the biggest slaps they can do to themselves, showing they are the biggest idiots ever. Mazda definitely not as bad as those, not that I like it.

Edited by Heartlander

Neutral Newbie

I've test drove both the Biante and Wish over the same weekend.

Overall, Biante feels more comfortable than Wish though Wish feels more powerful even though 1.8l (Wish) vs 2.0l (Biante).

Wife and kids prefer the Biante over Wish.

Personally, I like sliding doors.

It will be my first MPV but driving Wish is not too much different from sedan but Biante is quite different.

For me, it feels like controlling a "big monster".

As mentioned in earlier posts, the OMV for Biante is very low. Wish has a higher OMV.

• Praise 1

I've test drove both the Biante and Wish over the same weekend.

Overall, Biante feels more comfortable than Wish though Wish feels more powerful even though 1.8l (Wish) vs 2.0l (Biante).

Wife and kids prefer the Biante over Wish.

Personally, I like sliding doors.

It will be my first MPV but driving Wish is not too much different from sedan but Biante is quite different.

For me, it feels like controlling a "big monster".

As mentioned in earlier posts, the OMV for Biante is very low. Wish has a higher OMV.

The feeling of power has to do with kerb weight of the car.

Driving Biante is more difficult because it is longer and taller, so will feel abit detached. I also felt the same driving Sharan for a few days as 4.75m over 4.5m takes some getting used to.

May I know what is the cost of Wish right now? From sgcarmart, Wish omv= $23453, Biante omv=$20669.

Just curious, you not worry about the fact there are only 2 airbags in Biante?.

Another untruth to be rebuked.

Do you know the difference between good enough and over-providing? It is like do we really need a 8-core CPU in handphone or is quad-core good enough? Alot of things are really market driven. A product that is not conforming to what the consumers think is up to standard will not move. Again, you think Japanese will make unsafe products to save penny? My point is, if it comes with it, very good. If not, then still ok as I am confident in the Japanese way of making things.

Actually talk so much also no use. Those who want to buy, will buy. Those who do not want to buy, will still not buy using any stupid excuses they can think. I am just not happy with untruths being wielded like gospel truths. You can always keep your opinion to yourself. No hard feelings.

i think you're the one with world class stupid excuses.

Is Mazda the world authority on safe vehicles?

Last i looked it's volvo. Maybe even mercedes cos' they are at the forefront of techologies to reduce accident fatalities

I like japanese cars. But you are just full of shitty excuses.

Like sabian said, so now mazda 8 has more airbags. So it must be dam unsafe car lah.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The feeling of power has to do with kerb weight of the car.

Driving Biante is more difficult because it is longer and taller, so will feel abit detached. I also felt the same driving Sharan for a few days as 4.75m over 4.5m takes some getting used to.

May I know what is the cost of Wish right now? From sgcarmart, Wish omv= $23453, Biante omv=$20669.

Just curious, you not worry about the fact there are only 2 airbags in Biante?.

I was quoted 15x,xxx for the Wish and close to 160k for Biante.

Of course, I would prefer Biante to have at least the curtain airbags for the side like the Wish but it is not a deal breaker for me.

Last i looked it's volvo. Maybe even mercedes cos' they are at the forefront of techologies to reduce accident fatalities

Like sabian said, so now mazda 8 has more airbags. So it must be dam unsafe car lah.

Another stupid untruth. Nevermind.

Supersonic

Bro, let him continue talking lah. It's been a while since we had such good entertainment & laughs since the days of driftking and sabbie. The good ol' days are back! [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

`

From 8 airbags to 8 core cpu...'nuff said.