Any bro using SPY 2 way Alarm

Intel

Guys, I am thinking of changing my alarm to 2 way type, budget under $300. I google awhile, the most common people recommend in other car forum is SPY alarm. But never say much about the pros and cons. Some talk very highly of them while some say the SPY alarm gone haywire or the remote spoil and warranty does not cover the remote.

Anyone using this alarm? I see this SPY C1-808 look quite nice. Any bro using? Any feedback/review/complain on SPY 2 way alarm?

Trying to find out more from those that are using before deciding.

↡ Advertisement

Take note that the crank timing is FIXED and is not via sensing wire to your tachometer. This is very bad for cars that can crank up quickly, but I suppose it's fine for Subaru cars that take slightly longer to crank up the engine.

Take note that the crank timing is FIXED and is not via sensing wire to your tachometer. This is very bad for cars that can crank up quickly, but I suppose it's fine for Subaru cars that take slightly longer to crank up the engine.

Yeah, i also got a spy alarm with remote start.

The timing used for cranking the system cannot be changed.

Turbocharged

Yeah, i also got a spy alarm with remote start.

The timing used for cranking the system cannot be changed.

i dunno but why would anyone want to remote start their car?

it's a convenient (not essential) feature, i guess.....eg. u got a kid on stroller n some bags of shopping to load on a hot day....u can remote start the car, let the aircon cool the car while u wait under the shade (instead of doing a sauna in the car)

To cool the car down first before you drive off? Especially useful for those who park in open areas.

Thanks guy. Guys when you all install did you ask whats the different functions for each model? Cos I see from ZMC website, all the features are the same. Only different model.

Those on AAA battery how long can the batt last.

On internal battery. How long can last also.

Anyone keep track?

Turbocharged

it's a convenient (not essential) feature, i guess.....eg. u got a kid on stroller n some bags of shopping to load on a hot day....u can remote start the car, let the aircon cool the car while u wait under the shade (instead of doing a sauna in the car)

sounds reasonable. ^_^

Im using it,

Pro

Can remote start

Can alert u if car got knocked or tampered with

Got feedback from the remote

Con

Im using AAA battery, lifespan is like 1month, i have to buy big pack of battery standby some in car & bag, in case batt flat.

Even bus or car with noisy exhaust can activate short alarm.

Remote bulky

(edited)

emmm ok. So any bro using another model with the rechargeable remote. Can last how long.

For remote start, ya sound reasonable. Cos I don think I will always use the auto start also.

Any more feed back? :D

Edited by Intel

firstly to warm up the engine, secondly to cool the car interior.

I'm using the build-in rechargeble battery remote model. It's a good brand just that will needs to charge the battery every single month without fail. If your alarm in ur car keeps giving off, then you will needs to recharge the remote more often.

5000m open area as they claim.

Bro for the recharging remote. can we do it at home or only using the car charger?

whats the range? 100m?

I can check if i lock my car from the 14th floor hdb when my car is parked at basement 2...

Useful when you have moved a fair distance away and wanna check or if the alarm goes off, you also get informed.

(edited)

That's quite far bro. Good to hear that.

Anyone know for the recharging remote. can we do it at home or only using the car charger?

Edited by Intel
↡ Advertisement