How to know which place's price is lowest??

KARTer

Although many people go places like Mustafa for cheap prices.... i knew not all things are cheap in such so-called bargain places...

last week i bough a small bottle of "Refres" eye lotion from M, it cost me $11.... i thought it should be quite cheap.... on my way home, i dropped by My Village and lo and behold, in a small optial shop there, i found the same thing selling for only $9.50.......... so I bought it (i got dry eyes, so use lots of eye drops)..... then next door another chain drug store.... i curiuos so wandered in and checked the price..... $12!!! ......... simple thing like this eye lotion varies so much in its price!!!

hope other bros can share their experience:

Household electrical appliances: which place cheap?? BestDenki, Gains, NTUC Superstore, Mustafa, etc etc??

Similarly for other categories of shopping??

Another question: are items in HDB neighbourhood shops cheaper than other places???

↡ Advertisement

some things cheap some things expensive...mustafa is not all cheap. some items i have seen selling same price as pharmacy but tied credit card will give me extra 5% discount.

and by the way, electrical items in HDB shops not necessary CHEAP!

Although many people go places like Mustafa for cheap prices.... i knew not all things are cheap in such so-called bargain places...

last week i bough a small bottle of "Refres" eye lotion from M, it cost me $11.... i thought it should be quite cheap.... on my way home, i dropped by My Village and lo and behold, in a small optial shop there, i found the same thing selling for only $9.50.......... so I bought it (i got dry eyes, so use lots of eye drops)..... then next door another chain drug store.... i curiuos so wandered in and checked the price..... $12!!! ......... simple thing like this eye lotion varies so much in its price!!!

hope other bros can share their experience:

Household electrical appliances: which place cheap?? BestDenki, Gains, NTUC Superstore, Mustafa, etc etc??

Similarly for other categories of shopping??

Another question: are items in HDB neighbourhood shops cheaper than other places???

not all mustafa things cheap but their branded watches and some electronics are one of cheapest, also the fashion and clothes.

for household, i usually go court which is ex but audio house seems more cheap

for groceries, sheng siong is one of cheapest, i spend about almost $500 at sheng siong, my whole car full, can last for 3 weeks for family of 4!

Mustaffa sells perfume and cologne at prices cheaper than other shopping centres and at the airport duty free shops...can be as much as 25-30% cheaper..

you bought two bottles so average out the cost lo

should have bought a dozen of the $9.50 then get a lower average.... :D

Mustaffa sells perfume and cologne at prices cheaper than other shopping centres and at the airport duty free shops...can be as much as 25-30% cheaper..

Wow!!! ........... will check next time if this applies to deodrants............

some things cheap some things expensive...mustafa is not all cheap. some items i have seen selling same price as pharmacy but tied credit card will give me extra 5% discount.

and by the way, electrical items in HDB shops not necessary CHEAP!

really?? ...... go SimLim Tower for cheap electrical items then?

really?? ...... go SimLim Tower for cheap electrical items then?

sim lim price like share, up and down, more cheat case! if want assurance, then best or court, fix price, no cheat and pay more abit :D

not all mustafa things cheap but their branded watches and some electronics are one of cheapest, also the fashion and clothes.

for household, i usually go court which is ex but audio house seems more cheap

for groceries, sheng siong is one of cheapest, i spend about almost $500 at sheng siong, my whole car full, can last for 3 weeks for family of 4!

Thanks for the info.......

OT:- "my whole car full, can last for 3 weeks for family of 4!" ...... time to change to a SUV or MPV, then your grocery shopping fully loaded in the car, can last 6 weeks!! [thumbsup]

(edited)

sim lim price like share, up and down, more cheat case! if want assurance, then best or court, fix price, no cheat and pay more abit :D

we know sim lim square prices go up&down, but sim lim tower also same pattern??

agreed that fixed prices in Court etc give us peace of mind though may not be the cheapest

Edited by KARTer

should have bought a dozen of the $9.50 then get a lower average.... :D

the more u buy the more u save.. :D

mustafa cheap for certain stuffs..but beware of expiry date of food stuffs

the more u buy the more u save.. :D

mustafa cheap for certain stuffs..but beware of expiry date of food stuffs

yes, cheap but near expiry (or expired!) is not worth buying.....

btw, their new wing is much better:- bright, good aircon, high ceiling..... glass-lifts, and lots of varieties.....

we know sim lim square prices go up&down, but sim lim tower also same pattern??

agreed that fixed prices in Court etc give us peace of mind though may not be the cheapest

sim lim tower? think fixed but the square [:(]

Thanks for the info.......

OT:- "my whole car full, can last for 3 weeks for family of 4!" ...... time to change to a SUV or MPV, then your grocery shopping fully loaded in the car, can last 6 weeks!! [thumbsup]

yah intend to get SUV, my current car too small esp my family is 4, plus wheel chair. hence, my car considered too small and would love to get SUV or big MPV :D

shop groceries can last for 6-7 weeks with MPV or SUV, enough for war in case hahaha

(edited)

yah intend to get SUV, my current car too small esp my family is 4, plus wheel chair. hence, my car considered too small and would love to get SUV or big MPV :D

shop groceries can last for 6-7 weeks with MPV or SUV, enough for war in case hahaha

LOL........... true, true

btw, how big a fridge do we (or your family) need to stock up for 3 weeks?? ...... I still keep my old one when we have a new one.... so stocking up is doable... (hope two dont use up too much electricity... [shocked]

Edited by KARTer

Errrr bro.......you want to change car not b'cos it kena scratched meh? [:p]

Or 'cos you've grown horizontally??? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Twincharged

not only will you find different prices from different shops.

sometimes you will even find different branches of the same company selling at different prices too.

↡ Advertisement