Grassroot leader benefits

Picanto

u try it and u will know

I'm sure you're speaking from experience. Your prior posts have already identified you as a bola carrier, with a boliao career in pro-P@ppie apologetics.

• Praise 1

free parking for the whole Constituency u have been helping , and some special favors.

i know because a friend's mum is a grassroot volunteer for ages. the MP helped her to settle some issues that can never be solved if you are a "normal" citizen.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Turbocharged

free parking for the whole Constituency u have been helping , and some special favors.

i know because a friend's mum is a grassroot volunteer for ages. the MP helped her to settle some issues that can never be solved if you are a "normal" citizen.

it sounds familiar to some commie china mao ze dong cultural revolution era movie i saw long back.. certain people with connection with the secretary had special privileges

did the grassroot wear red armbands? [laugh]

Alot of people has this misconception that parking is free. Definitely wrong! Subsidised but not free. And it come with responsibilities and sacrificing of family time and annual leave at times. If not for abit of passion, I cannot imagine that most can last for years. Also, sad to say, must know how to deal with politics within the different factions and to choose sides widely.

Not easy and definitely not for everyday. Lets not just look at the benefits and anyhow condemn. Try it then you will appreciate the amount of hard work involve if you are genuinely keen. Certainly not just to chop parking lot for MP.

my colleague helps out at tampines ... once a week go to the RC from about 7pm to 10pm ... just to help to type letters for the residents to the govt.

parking is per Heartlander ... you pay the regular rate, but get to park a the whole GRC or constituency. But this also must apply one ... and not everyone will get. depends on your level of commitment to the RC ... basically do more, get more.

• Praise 1

When u trouble, can just shout out.

I'm a grassroots leader, u know.

Hahahaha

OR

'you dunno who I am'

:grin:  :grin:

Twincharged

my colleague helps out at tampines ... once a week go to the RC from about 7pm to 10pm ... just to help to type letters for the residents to the govt.

parking is per Heartlander ... you pay the regular rate, but get to park a the whole GRC or constituency. But this also must apply one ... and not everyone will get. depends on your level of commitment to the RC ... basically do more, get more.

Not so good la. Have to pay normal season parking cuz the free parking is only from 7am to 11pm. Between 11pm to 7am they must pay also. And it is not equivalent to season parking anymore. They changed it so now it shows authorized vehicle. Park in red lot will get summon. Last time these grassroots leaders can park in red lots but too many people complained.

1. Free Parking for your constituency and can park at CC

2. Get business from govt-related companies

3. Access to MP to help you get benefits, e.g. Yang Yin who gets MP to write letter about his good character and get PR

4. Free food during those PA activities

5. Free outings and sometimes organise tour and ownself travel free.

6. Children priority in primary school of choice.

7. Can showoff photos with MP and important people on FB etc.

Most PAP grassroots I know are there not out of compassion. Those I know are usually very calculative people doing this to get benefits in return. That's why there are so many complaints about grassroots treating citizens badly, anyhow park, poisoning one another, treating MPs like royalty while talking down to residents etc. They have a bad name for a reason.

Edited by Icemaiden
  • Praise 13

I know one benefit is season parking for all hdb under your grc or smc.

Not true 

If you already have season parking you can apply for a parking label that allows you to park for free in your "precinct" or GRC - 

Goal of the system is that if you have to drive to a Grassroots meeting you are not incurring parking fees. 

Coming back to benefits

1. Priority for Pri-School Registration

2. Early bird registration for new HDB in your constituency

3. Access to NACLI courses 

4. Time to time can meet MP (although I must admit - during time when I was on RC, never ONCE saw MP at any of the meetings - only at events where she can "show face" and get clap clap clap) 

5. Know more about what is happening in your area

6. Friends with civil service in your area (T.C staff, Police staff, and also director level in civil service) 

7. Can influence RC to organise events that follow your interests

↡ Advertisement