Remove your car dents YOURSELF.

Vangaat

This is a hoax la. Has been around for a long time. Bro, try at your peril.

It dun work? Let me try out someday and let u guys know the results.

From http://forums.nicoclub.com/dry-ice-cheap-d...al-t167969.html

Here's what happened with the dry ice:

This weekend the temps were in the 90's so i figured i would stop by the store and see if they had some. They did. Great.

So 7 dollars later i was at my gf's house getting ready to (possibly) **** something up pretty badly. i wiped the areas i was going to be working with with an old t-shirt, then used the shirt to hold about a 5th of the block of dry ice. I made sure the metal was hot and applied the ice to the car. I waited for about 5 minutes without any sign of anything happening. i moved the block and just as i thought, nothing had happened.

In the interest of science, i put caution to the wind and removed the shirt, applying the block directly to the surface of the car. again i waited for a few minutes and removed the block to inspect for paint damage. i was surprised to find that the dent was significantly shallower in the side of my car, and much less noticeable than before! there was absolutely no damage to the paint of my car either.

moving along, my girlfriend decided to let me help by lending me her hair dryer to further heat the surface of and around the dents. this made the work much faster and i proceeded to work on 5 other small "spots" around the passenger side of my car.

none of the dents were completely removed after using the heat/cold method several times on each one, but they all seemed less significant after the treatment.

we decided to try it on a larger kind of dent that results from low-impact collision, the dent on her new(er) civic seemed like a perfect example to try it on. after using the same method several times, there was no change to the damage on her car.

this means that just like i thought, this method will not work at all on creases or dents with a "ding" in the center where the shape of the body was significantly altered. it worked somewhat on the small, round, hail-type dents that accumulated on my car from 13 years of daily use.

we used the rest fo the dry ice for making fog machines out of cups of water and "bombs" out of water bottles.

the conclusion: dry ice is no miracle dent remover, save your money to have them professionally pulled

↡ Advertisement