Car was broken into and thief made off with..

Moredhel

Dear Bros,

am facing this problem for the first time and would appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Car was broken into while parked at the multi-storey carpark. Time frame should be Sunday morning 2.30am till this morning 8am.

Problem is that the alarm seems to be deactivated and there are no signs of forced entry.

Hence I would like to seek bros advice regarding the following issues:

1) Is this claimable under vehicle insurance?

2) If so, how do I go about filing a claims?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Dear Bros,

am facing this problem for the first time and would appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Car was broken into while parked at the multi-storey carpark. Time frame should be Sunday morning 2.30am till this morning 8am.

Problem is that the alarm seems to be deactivated and there are no signs of forced entry.

Dont touch anything in or near the car. Make a police report immediately n then inform yr ins co.

Sad to hear such news.....as it seems SIngapore are no longer as safe as we thought it was.

Stay calm....feel your pain and trouble when such things happened.

Dear Bros,

Did u forget to lock it?

Dont touch anything in or near the car. Make a police report immediately n then inform yr ins co.

Hi Bro,

already drove to work. Meeting this morning that simply cannot miss. [:(]

Did u forget to lock it?

Vehicle was confirmed locked as the side windows were closed (auto-fold on lock) when I went to the car this morning.

did u leave anything thing valuable in the car...?

loss of valuable in the car ..how to claim since confirm no receipt liao

That's the problem.

I lost about 2.4k in cash, cashcard, watch, electronics, coupons, etc...

Dunno how to claim...Don't even know if insurance covers as haven't have a chance to leave the office to check yet.

Vehicle was confirmed locked as the side windows were closed (auto-fold on lock) when I went to the car this morning.

Bro, is there a keyhole in the door handle? if so, please remove it to prevent access to your car except using remote.

I am also thinking of removing my keyhole completely.

Edited by Jj5599

Supercharged

$2.4K????

oh man, sorry to say that you are dumb.........

u still can claim, just quickly made a poice report first

$2.4K????

Hey don't add salt to injury la.. he is hurting enough

That's the problem.

I lost about 2.4k in cash, cashcard, watch, electronics, coupons, etc...

Dunno how to claim...Don't even know if insurance covers as haven't have a chance to leave the office to check yet.

OMG...insider job? if not how can he know u have so much cash , watch, etc inside?

or u just put them outside?

anyway just call them and check...can recoup half of the loss i think consider lucky liao...

Supercharged

thats why i said "sorry" first....

got to be street smart right?

if my car ever got broken into (touch wood and pray hard), the only thing that is worth anything is cashcard, which is always less than $10-$20 value...... even my parking coupons, i always only have one booklet or lesser.

nothing else........... i pity the thief because he wasted his efforts on my car. hahaahaha. He can have my petrol discount cards....

if my car ever got broken into (touch wood and pray hard), the only thing that is worth anything is cashcard, which is always less than $10-$20 value...... even my parking coupons, i always only have one booklet or lesser.

nothing else........... i pity the thief because he wasted his efforts on my car. hahaahaha. He can have my petrol discount cards....

true for me too...cash card about less than 20..coupons also dun have alot...think the most expensive inside may be the spare tyre...

Bro, is there a keyhole in the door handle? if so, please remove it to prevent access to your car except using remote.

I am also thinking of removing my keyhole completely.

my previous car i cement both side the key holes

$2.4K????

Knn ppl lost things liao you add oil to fire say ppl dumb...

why did you have to say that?...

your type of car, when the thief breaks in, got nothing worth his trouble, will start tearing the seats... rip off things... smash the stereo... maybe break the windows... in the end you spend more to repair...

[laugh]

Supercharged

your type of car, when the thief breaks in, got nothing worth his trouble, will start tearing the seats... rip off things... smash the stereo... maybe break the windows... in the end you spend more to repair...

[laugh]

yeah, if he got all the time to do that.....

normally thiefs only can spend 1 or 2 mins to take whatever he can, then he had to run off...

↡ Advertisement