New Citizens Guaranteed new BTO flats?

Pippo20

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

I saw the other thread on HDB subsidy, are new citizens subsized the same amt as local born? I'm asking this as I visited my friend on the 33rd floor @ Pinnacle Duxton and in a level of 6units, one is new PRC citizens, the other is from India.. And I saw on TV this AT sibeh haolian speaking in AT accent that he got a single digit @ Dawson BTO.. I'm sure HDB also give new citizen priority since they have more urgent need of a home than most of us???!!

↡ Advertisement

Hi all

I saw the other thread on HDB subsidy, are new citizens subsized the same amt as local born? I'm asking this as I visited my friend on the 33rd floor @ Pinnacle Duxton and in a level of 6units, one is new PRC citizens, the other is from India.. And I saw on TV this AT sibeh haolian speaking in AT accent that he got a single digit @ Dawson BTO.. I'm sure HDB also give new citizen priority since they have more urgent need of a home than most of us???!!

boo hoo, as old citizen i cannot buy also

Want to find out? Very easy, whoever is queuing for BTO flats will know the selection dates.

Just go down HDB hub and look around. You'll get the answer.

If what TS mentioned is true, then it is a valid concerns as true born S'poreans are not even given priority despite the strong demand.

Neutral Newbie

Want to find out? Very easy, whoever is queuing for BTO flats will know the selection dates.

If what TS mentioned is true, then it is a valid concerns as true born S'poreans are not even given priority despite the strong demand.

I read before HDB reply only on RC members getting priority since they 'contributed' alot to the community but how about new citizens? Does new citizens belongs to any SMC or GRC if they do not own a property?? I'm sure govt will want them to own one for their metal votes?

Most of the New Citizen's applications can easily disguised under any of these priority schemes:

Married Child Priority (MCP) Scheme

Third-Child Priority (TCP) Scheme

Tenants Priority Scheme (TPS)

I am 100% sure they won't admit that they have a New Citizen Priority Scheme even if they have.

This will surely pissed many people off.

Edited by Alim

I read before HDB reply only on RC members getting priority since they 'contributed' alot to the community but how about new citizens? Does new citizens belongs to any SMC or GRC if they do not own a property?? I'm sure govt will want them to own one for their metal votes?

You're right, RC members, finacee scheme and if iirc, those whose flats are under Sers gets priority.

If we look at the discontention of the true blue citizens, jobs are lost to foreigners and now foreigners get priority or equal standing over "subsidised" housing. Makes the value of our citizenship looks cheap.

If these new citizens are considered citizens without giving much sacrifices, they should be restricted from selling the flats 10 years after taking possession. This is to prevent them from gaining financially at the expense of S'poreans.

A number also serve at the grassroots level to get their kids in good schools as well. So they get priority for hdb, kids in good school and a chance to be MP. :angry:

Hi all

Looks like priority for new citizens' interest?

New citizen no additional privilege laa... It's just that being a new citizen, they start as a citizen has has not using any privilege of a citizen. So, they are regarded as first timer.

Hypersonic

Hi all

Eh... what can we do if it is really the case? We can't vote HDB out during the election [laugh]

Whatever it is, Singaporeans worked hard to provide for these new citizens, FTs, etc... they come here to enjoy the life, the security, the HDB flat, the "democratic society" mah. Anything happen, they just wipe their backside and throw the soiled toilet paper here and leave. What can we do? Pick up that toilet paper, throw it into the dustin and wait for the next toilet paper to pick lor. [bigcry]

Eh... what can we do if it is really the case? We can't vote HDB out during the election [laugh]

Whatever it is, Singaporeans worked hard to provide for these new citizens, FTs, etc... they come here to enjoy the life, the security, the HDB flat, the "democratic society" mah. Anything happen, they just wipe their backside and throw the soiled toilet paper here and leave. What can we do? Pick up that toilet paper, throw it into the dustin and wait for the next toilet paper to pick lor. [bigcry]

This Sunny Island located near the equator is getting more & more unlike a country. Everything is about $$$. There have been more foreigners than locals in my work place for many years.

Our pay are stagnant, price of housing increase like siew, due to influx of these foreigners, many uses only as a steeping stone. After sien, just pack their backside & leave, selling their house for a big windfall.

& Singaporean suffer for the high prices of flat. Most Singaporeans are in great debt, for housing loans, car loans, education for their kids.

& yet our so call "leader" more interested in massively increasing their pay.

Raising cost of living & housing, we cry to our "beloved" government, they turn a blind eye. We complain MRT too crowded, ask them to provide more funds for the poor, what did they said? Wanted to eat in hawker center, food court or restaurant.

We were told we cannot have pension system because it will put us in debt or something, yet the ministers give themselves pension system. Talk about NOT leading by example.

Can anyone blame us for losing sense of belonging here & wanted to leave if we have the chance?

Ask yourself these questions, do you think live will get better, will your children be able to have higher quality of life than you at this increase inflation that far exceed pay increment for most people. Will your kids able to live in the same size housing as you. I believe it will be a common sight that children do not moved out (not by choice) & have to squeeze with their parent after marry as they cannot afford their own house.

For crying out loud, they even have Indians from India to teach our HISTORY.

I guessed new citizen know who to vote....

Neutral Newbie

I guessed new citizen know who to vote....

And local born knows too....

Majulah Singapura...

Dengan semangat yang baru....

I likey [:)]

Turbocharged

not to be biased here, but to the govt, new citizens = citizens

they do not fall under PRs/FTs/FWs/Expats

i think the only difference is that they did not serve NS, and local born citizens will feel they did not actually contribute to the progress of Singapore in the last 2 decades, but now they are enjoying the fruits

i have no problems with new citizens... my concerns are:

1. can govt raise the bar of Singapore citizenship? it's not as though Singapore citizenship is worthless, instead it's quite highly sought after, so pls do not hand out to any Tom, Dick and Harry... and their families

2. do the new citizens really want to stay here and build their family? do they have total loyalty, commitment? and not treating here as a stepping stone, or revoke their citizenship 10 years later, cash in their HDB and migrate to Canada

of cos loyalty is something that no amount of engineering can check

Supersonic

Hi all

eh, a citizen is a citizen lah. they juz happen to be luckier in the ballot.

if we go by the misplaced notion that those hv been in sgp longer deserves a flat first, then a 80-yr old citizen shld get priority over a 21-yr old citizen?? [hur]

↡ Advertisement