Seeing a psychiatrist (how to bring someone)

Albeniz

Turbocharged

I have a friend who suspects that one of his family members might be suffering from bipolar disorder or some mental illness. His family members are thinking of sending him to see a mental doctor. However, it might not be so easy to convince him to go to the clinic to seek treatment. Does anyone have any experience?

↡ Advertisement

Just call private ambulance to bring him or her to IMH at night. They know how to handle. Better dun wait. This type of illness very difficuilt for family members. I have bring my family member there once to IMH A&E. Bet u, saw another family bring a old man there. They were saying like they waited 3 mths to bring him there. And the old man took a knife n stab own son. So pls dun waste time. Notice something not right got to action. This illness than stressful to family menebers. Esp when they start hearing noises instructing them what to do.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just call private ambulance to bring him or her to IMH at night. They know how to handle. Better dun wait. This type of illness very difficuilt for family members. I have bring my family member there once to IMH A&E. Bet u, saw another family bring a old man there. They were saying like they waited 3 mths to bring him there. And the old man took a knife n stab own son. So pls dun waste time. Notice something not right got to action. This illness than stressful to family menebers. Esp when they start hearing noises instructing them what to do.

The person is close to 1.8m tall and weighs 80-90kg, may not be easy for ambulance crew to handle for this case.

Edited by Albeniz

The person is close to 1.8m tall and weighs 80-90kg, may not be easy for ambulance crew to handle for this case.

They are trained in that situation. Leave it to the professionals.

Turbocharged

The mother is very soft-hearted and probably won't bear to see his most beloved child being "captured" up the ambulance...

Turbocharged

agreed.

it pains to see the person scream, cry and struggled when the ambulance crew came... but it is for the person and family's good to send in for treatment.

dragging it on will not solve the problem and will make it worse. got to do it asap.

• Praise 1

Yes, medication, counselling has a gd chance of curing the person. I'm one of those who went in n made it out to have a better tomorrow. If u need any info, just PM me. In fact I'm planning to write a book about my experiences.

• Praise 1

If already psychotic, as in hearing voices n getting delusional, usually have to bring in by force. Bipolar no need, they understand reason, just no control over their emotions. Best is to persuade them go in for a short holiday. The meals r not bad, only problem is can't smoke. But the regularity of life there n the chance to get away from problems for a while to sort out life's next steps, was invaluable :)

Actually don't have to go IMH. Any hospitals also can.

Alternatively, you may wish to call up some of the private psychiatrists and see if any of them do house calls.

The psychiatrists may prescribe anti-psychotic drugs if necessary to control the illness.

• Praise 1

yes,the 2nd thread writer is right.

Call up a private ambulance service (google for one).

Tell them the whole situation.

They will send the right people.

(Happened to my relative, upon seeing 2 muscular ambulance service guys, very fierce looking, my relative went with them to IMH without any resistant)

Good luck to you.

(If you do not want to try this hard way, PM me, I tell you a soft long winded process which I cannot disclose in public)

• Praise 1

yeah like the bros here mentioned. Don't wait. Call an ambulance if needed to.

I lost a good friend due to this.. He committed suicide..

Day before he still meet up with me..next day gone..

• Praise 1

Private Ambulance will charge $150 to $400/- for the job. They loves this assignment cos normally IMH patient sees stranger with uniform they will follow.

Very Good money to them, just wayang abit Charge $400/-.

Another way is get afew friends help tied and send yourself.

• Praise 1

I have a friend who suspects that one of his family members might be suffering from bipolar disorder or some mental illness. His family members are thinking of sending him to see a mental doctor. However, it might not be so easy to convince him to go to the clinic to seek treatment. Does anyone have any experience?

In reality, the local public mental institution do not or will not help you with the means to have the person treated...it seems like to have the person to be even seen or consulted by their docs, you will have to bring them in or book an appointment , like some out patient.

I know this sounds impossible for cases like what you mentioned but believe me, many ppl have tried to change their system and way of handling issues pertaining to mental cases thru the years without success.

It seems like and is still observed, even by te gov and societal segment at large, that mental cases are 'GONERS' and not much resourses, will be accorded to such issues and don't believe all the ST propaganda about it being otherwise.

I would advice you that the best means is still to obtain the services of a private psychiatirc service and they will help you in more ways, to try to bring that person in for treatment.

I know that you might consider such services to be expensive but if you really cared for that person, you would do it irregardless of the cost.

In reality, the local public mental institution do not or will not help you with the means to have the person treated...it seems like to have the person to be even seen or consulted by their docs, you will have to bring them in or book an appointment , like some out patient.

I know this sounds impossible for cases like what you mentioned but believe me, many ppl have tried to change their system and way of handling issues pertaining to mental cases thru the years without success.

It seems like and is still observed, even by te gov and societal segment at large, that mental cases are 'GONERS' and not much resourses, will be accorded to such issues and don't believe all the ST propaganda about it being otherwise.

I would advice you that the best means is still to obtain the services of a private psychiatirc service and they will help you in more ways, to try to bring that person in for treatment.

I know that you might consider such services to be expensive but if you really cared for that person, you would do it irregardless of the cost.

Dun think they should take him to the Polyclinic then, get a referral from there?Tehy get admitted as subsidised/.....but the challenge is dragging the person there in the first place

Dun think they should take him to the Polyclinic then, get a referral from there?Tehy get admitted as subsidised/.....but the challenge is dragging the person there in the first place

yes. bring polyclinic they will give referral letter. Fees will be much cheaper. in fact they can help to arrange ambulance if required.

Edited by Baphomet

Jokes asides, like I said, they ( the gov related services) will not help those in need of such services much to bring them until these mental cases do something really bad ...which is way too late to ask for help.

If the question is money and it always is to many ppl, to obtain help for such issues then i seriously would advice that person who need such help to consider ..

WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MONEY if these cannot be translated to help others especially their own kin?

There I go again...preaching ...life values...but believe me...

The wonderful part of life opens up..... the moment one forsake the 'wants' in life and starts to 'give' to others instead

Sacrifice is the word...but even then those harping for ppl to VOTE FOR THEM NOW..... are doing otherwise.

Life is indeed.... sad.

↡ Advertisement