What is your view of getting a Audi A4 or bmw 320i

JOHNKHOR

Neutral Newbie

when u are considering 320 and A4, 'value for money' is out the door liao

I own a 320 before and my brother own a audi A4. The problem of owning this car i feel so ma loo after a while as they are all the most basic model. I recommend Subaru Legacy 2.5gt is because it don't look like ah beng car except WRX. But more on the gentlemen look sort of performance car. I even sold my Lexus GS to downgrade to subaru after a lot of my friend recommend me to it. [angel][angel][angel]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

must be tough decision to make, but ultimately let the money go with your heart la..

I used to drive a 320i and changed to the A4 for coming 3years now. I guess from my experience, you can say that the A4 seems more like it has a bit of everything (of course less the rear wheel drive and handling of the bimmer ).

The plus for the A4:

- can be quite powerful with a simple ECU upgrade

- Has (to me) a more modern looking interior. Even has a electronic brake (which is usually found in higher end cars).Plus auto brake (means u can take your feet of the brake pedal at a red light without disengaging the "D" gear.

- Large boot space and rear passeger seat space. So if these are considerations. Like it was for me.Like also the way the boot opens up itself when you press open.

-So far everything (electronic & mechanical), work smoothly.

-3 ride modes. sporty/comfy.

-Good economical fuel consumption.

The plus for Bimmer:-

- The feel and ride quality is extremely good. Even with 3 ride modes in Audi (not a single one comes close to the ride quality and handling of a bimmer).

- The feeling of luxury over an Audi. Although I think that the Merc wins overall on this (if only comparing A4, 320, C200).

Even after driving an Audi for almost 3years now, I still yearn for the ride and handling of the Bimmer every now and then. So my conclusion is, if it is practicality that you are after, the Audi would probably be the choice (overall looks interior, exterior, packagen fact that Bimmer going to have new model). However, if it is the ride and handling and the Bimmer badge that you want, then the 320 would be the choice.

All the best !

I own a 320 before and my brother own a audi A4. The problem of owning this car i feel so ma loo after a while as they are all the most basic model. I recommend Subaru Legacy 2.5gt is because it don't look like ah beng car except WRX. But more on the gentlemen look sort of performance car. I even sold my Lexus GS to downgrade to subaru after a lot of my friend recommend me to it. [angel][angel][angel]

ma loo??? you must be joking...look at how much a A4 and 320 is selling now and tell me how affordable it is to the masses...

ma loo??? you must be joking...look at how much a A4 and 320 is selling now and tell me how affordable it is to the masses...

They are everywhere. At least it seems to me.

Supercharged

I will choose the Audi too.

I notice when I tailgate both the Audi and the Bimmer at corners, the BMW tend to break less. The Audi pulls away fast but always brake more.

So in conclusion, if you love to take corners, choose the Bimmer.

:D

(edited)

I will go for Bimmer because for it's luxury class, Audi is the same as volvo, volkswagen, alfa...so it is nothing close to BMW...price high due to demand...but the truth, BMW is very much better than Audi...

Edited by SGCMniceguy

Neutral Newbie

I will go for Bimmer because for it's luxury class, Audi is the same as volvo, volkswagen, alfa...so it is nothing close to BMW...price high due to demand...but the truth, BMW is very much better than Audi...

You are someone who is so out of touch with the world and only knows ur bit of the world but thinks that it is all there is. Before we say Audi or BMW suck lets realize that BMW needs Audi and Audi needs BMW. Its this rivalry that continues to produce better offerings from each automaker.

(edited)

They are everywhere. At least it seems to me.

that doesn't mean it is affordable..for the number of A4s and 320s out there, there are much much more people who cannot afford these rides. for all the numbers of 320 and A4 you've seen on the roads, it still make up less than 15% of the vehicle population on the roads..just like the number of people spotted at multi million dollar condos showrooms...does it mean they are affordable? those numbers still forms the minority...

Edited by Damienic

BM will always be a chick magnet car compared to Audi. Traditionally, it always been perceived that Merc is a Uncle car and BM is a chick magnet car. Audi will never climb to the top 2 spot any time in the next 20 years. Its a fact in Singapore and it will always be. It's all boils down to the timing of model placement as currently A4 model is relatively new compared to a 320 which is coming to 5 years old. Let's compare this two model again when the new 320 arrive later next year and opinion will be different again.

Just look at the depreciation of an Audi car and your pants will drop. The Agent margin is too fat. An Audi is just like a Lexus to me. A premium model of VW car. And WV car is just like toyota car in europe. Come think of it, if BMW comes out with a sub brand like "VW", i'm pretty sure it will sell like hot cakes as well.

An Ultimate Driving Machine for me anytime bro.

What's so "chick magnet" about BM? :wacko:

Audi is on par with BM in my opinion. If Audi is so inferior yet they can attract people with lousy resale, then they are very "people magnet". [:p]

BM will always be a chick magnet car compared to Audi. Traditionally, it always been perceived that Merc is a Uncle car and BM is a chick magnet car. Audi will never climb to the top 2 spot any time in the next 20 years. Its a fact in Singapore and it will always be. It's all boils down to the timing of model placement as currently A4 model is relatively new compared to a 320 which is coming to 5 years old. Let's compare this two model again when the new 320 arrive later next year and opinion will be different again.

Just look at the depreciation of an Audi car and your pants will drop. The Agent margin is too fat. An Audi is just like a Lexus to me. A premium model of VW car. And WV car is just like toyota car in europe. Come think of it, if BMW comes out with a sub brand like "VW", i'm pretty sure it will sell like hot cakes as well.

An Ultimate Driving Machine for me anytime bro.

You are so right. I can put many chicks in my 7er. Back seat can have orgy. :wub:

After trying r8 during the weekend, my perception of audi change. Will definately consider one in the future.. Downside is that my friends r8 brokedown on nshw, part of axle gave way. Damage is 32000rm.. so SGD abt 18000k. Steam!