Vulcann

Oh no, another collectable oldie gona be retained.

Hope MHA has the budget for an additional head count & has least some place catered for him.

Whatever it is, I sincerely hope he will not be placed in PMO together with the rest.

The again, place him here, there or anywhere we still have to pay for his multi-million dollar salary right?

Silly me...

Ho Peng Kee will continue to have a role in MHA

By Tanya Fong | Posted: 17 April 2011 2031 hrs

SINGAPORE : Senior Minister of State for Law and Home Affairs Ho Peng Kee will continue to have a role in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to spearhead Volunteers Outreach and Development.

Associate Professor Ho, who announced his retirement from politics two weeks ago, said Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam had requested that he continues to play a role in the MHA.

Mr Shanmugam had said Associate Professor Ho's stepping down is a big loss, adding that Associate Professor Ho has built up deep linkages with the several volunteer organisations.

There are currently 11,000 MHA volunteers.

Associate Professor Ho said that he hopes that in continuing as a link to volunteers, he can help lift volunteerism in Singapore.

He added that emergency preparedness and resilience cannot be solely driven by the government. Citizens too must play a part in looking out for one another, and this is where volunteerism plays a crucial role.

Associate Professor Ho said: "What I have agreed to do is to continue to leverage on my deep ties with these people and to continue to 'ra-ra' them to make their volunteering experience satisfactory.

"It is not because I am leaving and they just want to do it for me. It is something which we have been thinking about the key roles volunteers play. Basically volunteers, they need a link. They need recognition. It is a nice platform to continue some association in a relevant way."

- CNA/ms

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement