Singkie family eats. Maid sit one corner

Ahtong

maidabuse9-data.jpg

There were still seats available in the cafe, but a family apparently did not allow their maid to sit with them. Instead, she stood in a corner, said STOMPer benji.

The STOMPer tells us more (Apr 16):

"I spotted this family at Marina Square, in the cafe Bao Today.

"They apparently asked the maid to stand at one side.

"Maid abuse?

"Initially I noticed a figure standing behind me after the family came in.

"The family noticed that I took pictures of them, so they asked her to sit down. But she was still left at the corner.

"I approached her to offer her a drink but she just shook her head. Tears were welling up in her eyes.

"She said she was part of that family.

"She looked like she was quite new.

"The family finished their food and left, but their maid did not eat a single bite."

↡ Advertisement

wah fcuk!!!!!!.... this is sad man....

Singapore is one of the worst countries for Maids to come to.... other countries maids have better welfare and higher pay....

and now these kind of slavary treatment...

KNN CB to the family.... if dont wanna spend $ on the maid for drinks or food, fcuking at least ta bao for her home cooked food or KNN dont bring her out lah... fcuked up family.... CCB... damn pissed with them....

I have also heard stories of condo dwellers asking their maids to bathe in the swimming pool toilet but this one is NPNT

they will have their just desert the way their treat their maid.

so what if the maid may have done something wrong, but to get this type of treatment? [thumbsdown]

hmm i don't know about this maid, family n the exact circumstances, but when dining out, my maid refuses to eat at the same table with us, despite us inviting her to do so. She said in the village she came from, her culture, it's extremely rude to eat with your boss. In fact, she doesn't even eat with her own parents....she said in her village in Timor, usually the parents will eat first, then after that the children will eat. It's considered good manners over there.

So usually we will eat first, then she will sit down n eat alone.

Maybe that's what really happened? Who knows?

Wah lou.....this is too much. [shakehead]

Our Indo maid sit together with us for meals outside. ^_^

She can eat whatever she wants, but of course cannot order abalone or alaskan king crab rah. [laugh]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

I have also heard stories of condo dwellers asking their maids to bathe in the swimming pool toilet but this one is NPNT

can ask ur avatar to bathe in the swimming pool. i volunteer to accompany her! :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Eviilusion

hmm i don't know about this maid, family n the exact circumstances, but when dining out, my maid refuses to eat at the same table with us, despite us inviting her to do so. She said in the village she came from, her culture, it's extremely rude to eat with your boss. In fact, she doesn't even eat with her own parents....she said in her village in Timor, usually the parents will eat first, then after that the children will eat. It's considered good manners over there.

So usually we will eat first, then she will sit down n eat alone.

Maybe that's what really happened? Who knows?

My myamar maid also don't eat with us at home although we allow her to eat with us.

So we ask her take some dish to put on her rice and she eat alone in the kitchen.

( New year abalone she got a few slice also hor :D)

she is obedient, honest and respectful to elderly, she only take instruction from wify and me.

Childeren call her and treat her like "che che" and she also enjoy playing with them.

At outside, we eat together.

Sure got story behind lah.

1) In army, soldiers also punished to stand under the sun.....someone take a photo and Stomp it...fair or not?

2) In school, a student was punished standing outside the classroom...someone take a photo and Stomp it....fair or not?

You mean asking someone to stand as a form of punishement is wrong?

In this case, it might not even be punishement....could be just not wanting the maid to join in the meal...and so ask her to stand nearby.

If its part of work, then I see no big deal. The maid has to wait some where some how, just that she is standing there looks odd to the Stomper who took the photo.

But has the Stomper ever consider its still a employer/employee situation....for example in the food catering business....the caterer, who serves you buffet, can also eat while they are working. So the stomper wants the caterer to sit down, enjoys the same food from the same tray, etc?

The stompers also expects cashiers at supermarket could be listening to music and eating while serving him, talking on the HP and given all sorts of freedom in the cashiers duty period?

Or maybe stomper will provide same breakfast/lunch/dinner to ALL his staff if he is ever the boss? Or get his maid to sleep on his bed and watch TV with him as well?

Kock Stomper....standing or sitting one corner is NOT, a disgrace or shame act. Please wake up.

Dont think too lowly of others, by offering drinks and food to the maid. The maid was welling in her eyes, because Stomper made her feel bad and made her look like she is pitiful.

can ask ur avatar to bathe in the swimming pool. i volunteer to accompany her! :ph34r::ph34r:

Wait my Gong An Avatar come and find you than you know [laugh]

i not onli allow maid to eat with me.

if she's beautiful ,i could also........ [:p]

Maid to eat dinner with u ......not eat u...need beautiful for wat [laugh]

There are many many scenes like this in SG.

Look, before you guys point the finger at others, do you :

1. restrict Maid to wash her clothes in the Washing machine ?

2. Insist she wash by hand only ?

3. letting her eat the Leftovers instead of put aside the Home/Ta Pao food ?

4. Make the maid wash your car(s) every other day ?

5. restrict her only to eat the Bread skin (front and back) ?

There are more Jek Ark things SG family do to their maids.

↡ Advertisement