Engine Mount Replacement

Anakusop

My Toyota Wish, coming to 3 years on 26 Sept, is found to have a weakening rear mounting during servicig by Borneo Motors. Borneo is replacing it foc under warranty. Wonder if it is normal for mountings to wear out before 3 years?

yes why not? engine mountings are also consumables items. the driving style also plays a parts that the engine mounts faster than its normal rate.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My Toyota Wish, coming to 3 years on 26 Sept, is found to have a weakening rear mounting during servicig by Borneo Motors. Borneo is replacing it foc under warranty. Wonder if it is normal for mountings to wear out before 3 years?

Wats ur mileage like? Do u frequently sprint from traffic junction? Sudden accel?
  • Praise 1

Wats ur mileage like? Do u frequently sprint from traffic junction? Sudden accel?

Mileage is about 48k. Nope I don't frequently sprint from traffic junctions but there are many road humps near my estate and at my workplace.

yes why not? engine mountings are also consumables items. the driving style also plays a parts that the engine mounts faster than its normal rate.

Yes I understand the mountings are consumables items and hence am thankful Borneo is willing to replace foc under warranty. My previous ride, Hyundai Avante didn't suffer from premature wearing of mountings and my driving style between the 2 cars are similar. However I am the 2nd owner of Wish while I bought the Avante brand new. Edited by Coolpica

any1 know where to do Nissan engine mounting near bukit panjang at a reasonable cost?

Okay, happened to come across this topic. 2011 I already have engine mounting issue but from then I seldom drive my car ( using co car most of the time ) so I KIV until last week.

When accelearte , my whole car can feel the vibration vigurously , I know that it's time to change. For Nissan , I could not find any after market, so ordered from Stokist, find someone to replaced.

$360 + $100

Not the cheapest but agent quoted $890 + GST. Just to share, after changing..... Like new car sia! My 2 cents

post-90165-0-44573200-1411453682_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

$360 is more expensive than wowo torque arm mount (which I remember was about 140 only).

$360 for 4 pieces lei. $140 for 4 ? Where have?

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendations for ws to change mazda 5 engine in east side of sg. Had check stockist parts only $210. My ws quote me $580 for parta and labour. AMK ws quote me $300 b4 gst for just labour.

• Praise 1

Any recommendations for ws to change mazda 5 engine in east side of sg. Had check stockist parts only $210. My ws quote me $580 for parta and labour. AMK ws quote me $300 b4 gst for just labour.

Your time spent running around worth $49 bo?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Your time spent running around worth $49 bo?

Ha, $300 for changing 3 mounting is kinda of exp. Like the bro here say, pay reasonably for quality workmanship. So any ws your can recommend ?

Mine 3 pieces, go stockist and get pass the workshop and fix up. All in $500 but I dragging it until the car shake like Siao then change. Ok Bo?

any1 know where to do Nissan engine mounting near bukit panjang at a reasonable cost?

You can try this ws at Pioneer Point #06-14.

Technic AutoCare.

It's only 15 min drive via KJE. I also stay at Bukit Panjang.

Neutral Newbie

Mine 3 pieces, go stockist and get pass the workshop and fix up. All in $500 but I dragging it until the car shake like Siao then change. Ok Bo?

Mine is vibrating from front to back on some day, so looking to change but it seem like most ws charges $300 just for labour, that is exp..

Mine is vibrating from front to back on some day, so looking to change but it seem like most ws charges $300 just for labour, that is exp..

Mine charging $150

Neutral Newbie

CLH at bukit batok mid view building

I manage to find a ws in Sin Ming and had gotten the engine mount replace at $350 include part and labour.

Thanks Porche and all for the help [laugh]

I manage to find a ws in Sin Ming and had gotten the engine mount replace at $350 include part and labour.

Thanks Porche and all for the help [laugh]

Bro u drive what car? Good deal u found, what is workshop name?

↡ Advertisement