Any GPS navigation device to recommend?

Fivegear

Turbocharged

Heard good reviews on TomTom.

The factory fitted system on mine is not up to par. Gave me wrong direction to a certain hotel in KL. MBFC area also not updated on the 2010 maps <_<

not holux.. my dad has a holux and i think it's worse than iphone gps apps [sweatdrop]

try garmin.. my friend has one. quite good, up to date plus will remind you about speed limit on that particular road

Neutral Newbie

Thinking of buying one. Any recommendation?

Try Shinco slim ones (buy lesser than 5" as they occupy lot of space and you lose vision). They work on Mapking and the update is free for life time!

I am using Papago on my iphone. Led me back to Hilton PJ from some weird place in Bangsar.

Bangsar to PJ Hilton very near...like going to midvalley from that area

i've been using garmin and holux for driving around KL, and both are ok.

Neutral Newbie

I'm using the Garmin 1350. So far so good for SG and MY. Wait for the up coming PC Fair and you might get a good deal of it.

Bangsar to PJ Hilton very near...like going to midvalley from that area

i've been using garmin and holux for driving around KL, and both are ok.

To be exact. It is Bukit Bandaraya going by Sprint Highway.

iPhone navfone quite good... did not lead me wrongly in SG.... just used in JB when going back from Sutera (yea, yet to test in complicated areas like KL yet)., where i made a turn earlier and went dunno where ... managed to navigate back to Tuas ...

Recommend Garmin Nuvi 1250... is quite okay. But one thing i have to warn you, somehow GPS doesnt always take you in the same road we would normally go. For Eg Grass roots club (Ang mo kio) to Clementi for my Garmin will always be via Lornie road, whereas I would think CTE - AYE would be much more logical (after enabling use highways in the GPS settings). Malaysia so far has been okay for me, eventhough I am not a regular traveller to the North.

not holux.. my dad has a holux and i think it's worse than iphone gps apps [sweatdrop]

try garmin.. my friend has one. quite good, up to date plus will remind you about speed limit on that particular road

I too use Holux, sometime, it takes 10 mins to lock the satellite. Once it never got sat link throughout my journey!! But, if satellite locked, then all the way it is breeze :).

Maps and software update are done very frequently, but, i still don't understand why it takes so long to link to the satellite. Not sure, whether the issue is only with my device or common for all holux.

Edited by Agalvilaku

Neutral Newbie

Hope this helps!

I bought my refurbished Garmin 1350 ($179) from this seller (bestbuyelec.com). I never ever got lost ever again. There are a lot of reviews on this seller online, mostly good but some had not-so-nice remarks to share. I guess its just not possible to please everyone. The reason why I bought it was because it would have cost $300+ elsewhere as a live traffic receiver was included and this receiver costs $89 elsewhere.

Edited by Wendytan85

I too use Holux, sometime, it takes 10 mins to lock the satellite. Once it never got sat link throughout my journey!! But, if satellite locked, then all the way it is breeze :).

Maps and software update are done very frequently, but, i still don't understand why it takes so long to link to the satellite. Not sure, whether the issue is only with my device or common for all holux.

yes, it takes very long for the satellite to lock my location.. even iphone faster..

that's why i use my phone gps than holux..

I am using Papago on my iphone. Led me back to Hilton PJ from some weird place in Bangsar.

I think credit should go to MFM map for being detai. So garmin with MFM map should also bring us around KL.

Garmin 3790. I have a 3750 from overseas and believe to be of similar specs except no Singapore map. Signal accquired in under ONE minute andt he high resolution and brightness are impressive even under bright daylight.

I loaded the latest Malsing and Malfree maps, never experience any lag or freeze.

I think credit should go to MFM map for being detai. So garmin with MFM map should also bring us around KL.

U are spot on!

↡ Advertisement