87% of netizens wan LKY to retire from politics bt he wun

Relacklabrudder

87 percent of netizens polled want Lee Kuan Yew to retire from politics

Published Wednesday, April 20, 2011 by Singapore Election |

In an online poll conducted on the Temasek Review Facebook, 87 percent or 499 out of 574 of the respondents polled do not want Lee Kuan Yew to participate in the coming General Election.

The 87 year old Lee has announced his candidacy in Tanjong Pagar GRC lately, sparking a massive uproar among netizens who are yearning to see him

↡ Advertisement

lucky human dont live forever. just have to wait until he pass away!!!

used to respect him a lot when i was a kid. now, i told my kid that singapore do a good politician... look at ong teng cheong... he fight for the people... as for the LKY, dont bother about him...

He just wants absolute control over Singapore until his death la.. typical tyrannical mentality.

agreed with you... if he retire ages ago, he will have a good reputation...

now, so many people wish he is not around!!! that will be one of the reputation that will stick with him...

agreed with you... if he retire ages ago, he will have a good reputation...

now, so many people wish he is not around!!! that will be one of the reputation that will stick with him...

Maybe 10 years ago his name smells good, but now it just stinks.

He just wants absolute control over Singapore until his death la.. typical tyrannical mentality.

become president lor. only thing left

MP-done

PM-done

SM-done

MM-done

President? -not done

become president lor. only thing left

MP-done

PM-done

SM-done

MM-done

President? -not done

Aiyoi. Why do you think he needs to be president? SM and MM are titles created out of thin air just for him. Can't they just create a.....Super Minister Mentor?

strange that the ruling party keeps asking

older folks to accept lower salary because they are less productive than the young

how come these geriatrics get increasing pay instead

strange that the ruling party keeps asking

older folks to accept lower salary because they are less productive than the young

how come these geriatrics get increasing pay instead

no lah. his decrease liao.... compare to if he is current PM....

but hor his count in the million... so he actually loss touch with us [lipsrsealed]

Aiyoi. Why do you think he needs to be president? SM and MM are titles created out of thin air just for him. Can't they just create a.....Super Minister Mentor?

thats the last "position" u can hold in singapore.

he has held the rest already.

If this old man refuse to retire, no one in PAP dare to tell him to step down, the people who can ask him to step down are voters in TP. But problem here is TP is likely to be walkover and he is going to cost the tax payer another 4 million a year for the next 5 years

If this old man refuse to retire, no one in PAP dare to tell him to step down, ...

Scary scenario , isn't it?

For the past century, very few politicians in different countries exact such dominance.

Maybe North Korea, Nazi Germany, ...

Mao? i am not sure, he has enough detractors to push for a cultural revolution to stamp his authority.

Cuba, maybe.

I won't be proud associating myself to such peers.

But a Machiavellian disciple may have different value system, eh :)

Hate him or not, we have to respect him.... w/o him, we have and are nothing ..

I do admit i will vote the other way (if AMK is contested), and do not agree with some of the policies (and the apparent fixing of opponents), but i still GRUDGINGLY respeect what he has done for Singapore ... so i think calling to kick the bucket early is not right ..

I do admit i will vote the other way (if AMK is contested), and do not agree with some of the policies (and the apparent fixing of opponents), but i still GRUDGINGLY respeect what he has done for Singapore ... so i think calling to kick the bucket early is not right ..

I have to agree with you bro.

I believe we should be grateful and appreciate what MM and the old guards have done for Singapore.

One may not agree with the current govt or policies but I can't understand how it can translate that into so much hatred.

Because extremists exist everywhere.

Or maybe because a lot of netizens just think because they are behind the computer, they can just type irresponsibly.

I agree to a certain extent. However, we do not have anyone to compare with since independence as he had held on to power for too long.

Remember, one single person's decision may also cause the downfall of the nation.

We had not experienced any alternative form of government, therefore we can't even compare who is good or not.

At his age, calling him to kick the bucket is just a matter of time and a speculation of the timing. He's not an immortal who will live forever.

He may not even be capable of completing the next 5 year term. So why field him and waste taxpayer's money for someone who can't contribute much?

Anything can happen, just like his wife can pass on before him.

↡ Advertisement