Where to paint rusty rotor aka brake disk

Et2002

Neutral Newbie

I have a rusty rotor..... it is getting on my nerve. I know it is normal for the contact area with the caliper to be rusty....

But my whole rotor is freaking rusty including the area that is joining the wheel hub.

I just change my stock rotor to "Brembo After market" and it freaking rust badly.

Can anyone recommend me a shop that does painting for the rotor. thanks

↡ Advertisement

I have a rusty rotor..... it is getting on my nerve. I know it is normal for the contact area with the caliper to be rusty....

But my whole rotor is freaking rusty including the area that is joining the wheel hub.

I just change my stock rotor to "Brembo After market" and it freaking rust badly.

Take a picture and show us. You sure it is rust and not brake dust?

Anyway rotor rust is normal. When you take the car for a drive, the superficial rust layer will be gone liao.

Turbocharged

paint?? u nuts? [hur]

Neutral Newbie

Any spraypainting shop can help you sand away the rust and existing paint and apply a new coat to the wheel hub. Just go to any one that's near your residence.

As for the rust on the rotors themselves, they'll be gone after you start the car and brake for 1 second while the car is moving.

Neutral Newbie

paint?? u nuts? [hur]

i only want to paint the wheel hub area, not the caliper contact area... ^_^

Neutral Newbie

Any spraypainting shop can help you sand away the rust and existing paint and apply a new coat to the wheel hub. Just go to any one that's near your residence.

As for the rust on the rotors themselves, they'll be gone after you start the car and brake for 1 second while the car is moving.

my concern is do i need hight temperature paint or normal paint will do?

does the painting shops carries the require paint? any shop have experience doing it?

Dont want the paint to flake after a few months down the road.

Neutral Newbie

Bro no one paint rotors just because they rust . Rotors can take rust 1 cos they are just like those railway tracks which I'm sure no one bothers to paint

and it will take like more than 20-30yrs for rust to eat thru or spoil your rotors.

Those paint shops would gladly paint as per your request but would just laugh at u behind your back

does the painting shops carries the require paint? any shop have experience doing it?

I don't think anyone here understands what you are saying. Yours a conti? Quite common for hub rust. Most paint shops can help you with it. Go for thermal paint if you want but it won't make much of a difference.

Neutral Newbie

Bro no one paint rotors just because they rust . Rotors can take rust 1 cos they are just like those railway tracks which I'm sure no one bothers to paint

and it will take like more than 20-30yrs for rust to eat thru or spoil your rotors.

Those paint shops would gladly paint as per your request but would just laugh at u behind your back

This is my Eighth car and my rotor have never exhibit rust like this new rotor before... I know what is normal rotor rust.. but for my current situation, damn it is freaky rusty and unsightly. I have own cars ranges form Toyota, Honda to BMW & Lexus.. but non have rust like this. I will post pics this weekend.

It is kind of difficult to explain without a photo. put it this way, it rust like no other cars in my company & house carpark...lol...I have being peaking at other car rotor for the past 1 month :P

As recommended by bros here, I will go to a tyre shop and let them paint for me. But I am not sure whether they have High Temp Paint. Anyone know where I can a can of high temp spray paint?

Neutral Newbie

obvioulsy you shouldnt paint the face of the rotors but you can spray paint the rest with high temp 'caliper' or 'engine' paint. its available in cans from autobacs

and yes they can get red hot. ive had ours glowing red

see here:- http://www.mycarforum.com/lofiversion/inde...t1323366-0.html

Edited by Badder

Neutral Newbie

obvioulsy you shouldnt paint the face of the rotors but you can spray paint the rest with high temp 'caliper' or 'engine' paint. its available in cans from autobacs

and yes they can get red hot. ive had ours glowing red

see here:- http://www.mycarforum.com/lofiversion/inde...t1323366-0.html

Thank you very much... I will head down to autobac to buy.

Actually, wouldn't it be more assuring and faster to just replace the rotor with a better quality one?

ALL brake rotor are made with cast iron,cannot be rust free,there is no such brake rotor made of stainless steel.

Neutral Newbie

Seldom log in so my reply would be kinda late I guess.. No need high temp paint though having them would be better. More important in painting any surface is the prep job prior to painting, i.e., sanding down, de-greasing and multiple thin layers of paint instead of a singular thick layer, relatively clean and dry painting environment etc.

Paint shops would definitely have the paint you want be it high temp or normal paint. I dare say most paint shops would have the necessary experience in painting wheel hubs. It's not that hard for a place with the right equipment.

Think by now you would have already painted it though.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement