New candidates press conference..spot any new stars?

Hub_n_mona

Thatz how I speak to my 3 year old nephew.

This is A team? Cant pronounce cant enuciate. He said: "Personally myself .......". Just one of many.

[laugh]

Thatz how I speak to my 3 year old nephew.

This is A team? Cant pronounce cant enuciate. He said: "Personally myself .......". Just one of many.

[laugh]

am watching some of the other clips..the MG needs to revamp the way he speaks..can't imagine him talking to foreign dignitaries like that

or unless that kind of mannerism is reserved for the electorate only

Turbocharged

Actually, i do agree that defence budget shouldn't be decreased. In fact, we should keep our army, especially weaponry as updated as possible. Our huge reserves will undoubtedly attract some unwanted attention. If there are any wars with our neighbouring countries, we are jolly well in range of artillery from batam and johor.

What should go down, is the ministerial pay. Now THAT is unneeded spending.

Actually, i do agree that defence budget shouldn't be decreased. In fact, we should keep our army, especially weaponry as updated as possible. Our huge reserves will undoubtedly attract some unwanted attention. If there are any wars with our neighbouring countries, we are jolly well in range of artillery from batam and johor.

What should go down, is the ministerial pay. Now THAT is unneeded spending.

I wouldn't disagree with you

what gets my goat is how the words and the message was put across..there are many ways of saying the same things

what gets my goat is how the words and the message was put across..there are many ways of saying the same things

That guy think he is speaking to recruits mah. Looks at his face, body language.... smack of arrogance. Have a "I know it all" look. And what's with all the chinese idioms? The reporter is an indian... so why throw back chinese idioms at him?

Turbocharged

not a good speaker perhaps.. Anyway, i dunno why they like to take ex-generals as candidates. For one, military leaders are used to have MEN serving under them. Now, you want them to listen and serve their constituency. It's totally two different things leh.

He actually looks pretty humble when he is in his civilian clothes. But somehow when he's wearing white on white, the arrogance shows. Maybe it's just me or is it the 'magic' of the white on white?

I do not understand why they have to pluck generals from the army and put as MPs. They go thru' all the military schools (Royal Military Academy Sandhurst), etc then now ask them to listen to residents complaining abt this and and that. There's no job fit at all.

Edited by Fcw75

That guy think he is speaking to recruits mah. Looks at his face, body language.... smack of arrogance. Have a "I know it all" look. And what's with all the chinese idioms? The reporter is an indian... so why throw back chinese idioms at him?

No EQ.

Quote one thousand chinese sayings oso no use.

[laugh]

I didn't notice/remember that the reporter is indian..

bloody hilarious..the reporter himself must be thinking 'wtf'

not a good speaker perhaps.. Anyway, i dunno why they like to take ex-generals as candidates. For one, military leaders are used to have MEN serving under them. Now, you want them to listen and serve their constituency. It's totally two different things leh.

lets wait and see.

one Uni Lecturer in OB told us that singapore politician very good one in changing their behavior from general to MPs. they can change very fast their attitude and tune once they set into place one.

heard we currently also have a few general turn MPs??

exactly..can't expect people to "yes sir" him..perhaps those from the grassroots might

but by and large, he should be serving the constituency

"yes sir" to the ah pek who needs to see him at the MPS

lets wait and see.

one Uni Lecturer in OB told us that singapore politician very good one in changing their behavior from general to MPs. they can change very fast their attitude and tune once they set into place one.

heard we currently also have a few general turn MPs??

yeah quite a few..but some things may be innate

I don't think Teo Chee Hean was like that when he started

yeah quite a few..but some things may be innate

I don't think Teo Chee Hean was like that when he started

hmm.. need to get video of when he first started.

heard that our politican are train to smile too, hence every smile is the same looking one. [sweatdrop]

hmm.. need to get video of when he first started.

heard that our politican are train to smile too, hence every smile is the same looking one. [sweatdrop]

[laugh]

I know they sort of talk like LKY after a while